Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

My success story :)

Frants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: My success story :) Reply with quote

Here you have it Markus Wink

Exclamation (comment from moderator: Please read in addition the next post. This is very important and helps to understand some of the statements given in this iontophoresis testimonial the right way) Exclamation

My problem: Sweaty feet. Really really sweaty feet. I could not wear shoes/sandals for more than 5 minutes before my feet felt like they were burning and half an hour later my feet/socks were completely wet. And the shoes gave an ”leather odor” which spread like fire in every room I was visiting. I put so much effort in changing socks, trying foot deodorants, antiperspirants and other products and worrying about my odors that it started to affect my social life. Time for a change.

I started out with Iontophoresis sessions in May 2009 at my local hospital. This was a great success and I borrowed their DC machine + equipment for the summer. In July I had to give it back and I bought my own device.

My hospitals device was a Direct Current old Finnish device. It had a maximum of 20mA but the battery was so bad I couldn't get more than 10mA for an hour. The foot treatment tubs looked like something taken from the barbecue in the garden (Pic) but it worked. With this device I could were shoes all day with almost dry socks in the end. No more burning under my feet. I've simply come to a normal level. It's a natural thing to sweat while wearing shoes. It's not natural to have a fire burning inside your shoes though.

Water type: Warm tap water
Level of water: Up to my big toe nail.
Distance grids: Plastic nets
Time: Half an hour one way, nothing for one minute and then change + - so the current flows the other way for half an hour again. 1 hour total.

The machine I bought was a Idromed 5 PC. This device is a Pulsed Current one and I chose this since the Finnish device caused quite an amount of pain to use. This was a huge mistake since this machine was waaaaay to weak to help my problems. I maxed the 25mA out almost at once and I felt nothing. The sweating had started again since I had been on a journey in August and without Ionto for a couple of weeks.

I tried different things. Using baking soda, cooking the water, doing long sessions/short sessions, washing my feet before treatment , sitting in hot water for a couple of minutes before treatment, higher/lower water levels and so on and so on. I gave up and called Markus. We agreed on a device exchange into a Hidrex 400 GS. A Direct Current device once again that would hopefully satisfy my needs. In the exchange, I sent back the device with all equipment except the foot pads, since Markus had no need for them. (This was a good thing to me in the end).

I got my new Hidrex and tried it out. I did one hour treatments, half hour and I started using blue Nivea since I started to get irritated skin at some points. But I still continued to sweat. Not as much as I did with the Idromed, but still not as good as with the Finnish -93 device. The Autumn went quite quickly and suddenly I would not even get as high mA as I wanted to get. I did some radical changes.

1. Washed the treatment tubs.
2. ”Scraped” (dunno if that's good English) away old skin from my feet.
3. Started to do the sessions as I did them from the hospital. That was:
Half an hour one way, nothing for one minute and then change + - so the current flows the other way for half an hour again. 1 hour total.
4. Added the Idromed feet pads that I still owned. Increasing the amount of aluminium! Remember that pic of the aluminium foil things my skin were used to in the summer. The total area of aluminum is huge compared to the small pads shipped with the Hidrex (and the Idromed as well). I simply thought more metal more water. Wink Lowering the water level hadn't helped me a thing but keeping it at my big toe nail level seemed to be good. I continued with that.

This did it to me and now I'll continue with 2 sessions a week with 1 hour each. If I get too sweaty I do the sessions more often and then slow down again. This is how I did success with Iontophoresis and potential Hyperhidrosis. Now I can focus on living my life instead of odors Smile
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear customers:

It may seem to you that these problems could occur to you too, but Frants' case is one in a million. The problems he had are not common!
He is one of those few users who has to drive the highest currents for the longest duration.

Anyway, our experience shows that the PC devices are the best for almost everyone. In rare circumstances, they may need to be replaced with a more powerful (and much more painful) DC device.

We have a much higher success rate when our customers use a Pulsed Current device, even for underarm and hand treatment.

For those who have no success with a DC device (because of low maximum treatment currents or too much pain with higher treatment currents) because they chose it themselves, we only provide a replacement when the shipping costs are covered by the buyer.

When you have no success with a Pulsed Current iontophoresis device we will take over the costs for the shipping and will handle it like in the case above: We replaced his PC device with a HIDREX DC device without charging him any additional fees, and this we can promise to everyone. If an Idromed PC device does not work, we replace it with a DC device and debit back the difference in the price too.

Remember, with a pulsed current device iontophoresis device, users can drive much higher currents with little to no pain than with a direct current device. Higher pulsed currents lead to a better success rate at a lesser treatment time. Iontophoresis pulsed current therapy causes less pain and less skin irritations.

Additional info:
https://www.iontodevice.com/tap-water-iontophoresis.htm

Conclusion: Although the costs for PC devices in iontophoresis are a bit higher, you have to realize that iontophoresis treatments must (normally) be done for a lifetime, or else the sweat starts to reappear in its original severity. Dividing the "higher" costs for a professional pulsed current device by the number of sessions done in a lifetime shows that the figure is insignificant!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: