Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Idromed or Hidrex? Choosing a right device

maxms

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Idromed or Hidrex? Choosing a right device Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to buy a iontophoresis device and I can't choose the right one for me. I haven't any experiences with iontophoresis. I have read your web page. I learned that PC device is better choice than DC device. But I can't choose between IDROMED 5PC and HIDREX PSP1000.
I have read this comparision of devices: https://www.iontodevice.com/tap-water-iontophoresis.htm
and it looks like the HIDREX PSP1000 is the better one (you can choose DC or PC, adjust treatment time, etc) except of the table with stars - on the posted page and guarantee. And also it looks like the IDROMED has a better support - it has its own section on this forum. But isn't a option to choose the time of treatment and DC or PC an important future?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hidrex iontophoresis device has the same support, don't worry, we must change the forum in this case. The reason that it hasn't already been done is because of a lack of time.
The other advantages from Idromed over Hidrex are
- (at the moment) a longer guarantee phase (please compare the datas in the shop on the product detail pages) for the idromed PC - 4 years, Hidrex PSP1000 has 2years.
- The Idromed produces a slightly higher current density of 25 mA pulsed current, Hidrex is only able to deliver around 20 mA, which is maybe too weak to treat hands and feet together, or in the case of "only" sweaty feet alone.
The best advantage of the Hidrex devices (to the other that you've already listed) is:
The body, or surrounding part of the device: It is more stable and has no laquer coat that can get scratched , which can make the device look heavily used when not used real carefully.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to your questions:

1) Australia has a 240 Voltage power supply, so there is only a need to buy an European adapter plug to Australian plug when choosing the 240 Volt iontophoresis unit Idromed. Hidrex is the same, it requires a European adpapter plug to Australian plug. Hidrex works on 110-240 Volts, it has a wide range power supply, the Idromed 5 does not.

2) Both, Hidrex and Idromed are not a soaked sponge iontophoresis unit for treating sweaty hands or feet (here both offer the possibility to treat both hands and feet at the same time). For armpit it is this, but there are metal electrodes inside the sponges covered with a skin friendly material.
So you have the possibility to adjust the water level you want to have - e.g. you may use deeper baths (with the trays delivered you can fill in appr. 4 cm. If this high water levels are neccessary for you and your personal needs, we have a long post inside the closen section of the forum. Here you can make a lot of mistakes, leading to no success with iontophoresis[/b]"

3+4) Please read through the following site:
https://www.iontodevice.com/tap-water-iontophoresis.htm
Both iontophoresis units have their advantages and disadvantages.
One of the biggest advantages is the possible current in PC mode of Hidrex, and that only the Hidrex offers the ability of switching the current (this is especially interesting if you use it professionally in a clinic). There are different concepts behind them. Hidrex PC keeps it technical with the possibility of giving you access to the treatment parameters time and DC PC / Sense mode ....
For the first setup it may become a bit confusing even when not looking into the manual. The Idromed has a self speaking routine, you may pack it out and set it in (Attention: We strongly recommend to read the manual through too !).

Quote:
Hello I am inquiring about your ionotophersis machine for hyperhidrosis.
5) Yes

I am a medical practitioner in Australia and am wanting to buy a machine for my own personal use. I have a couple of questions.

1. Do I only need to by a standard PowerPoint converter (EUR to AUS) run this machine in Australia?

2. are the trays "water baths" or do you just "soaked sponge design". the reason I ask is that I have had an iontophoresis machine in the past and it was just a soaked sponge design. This was only effective at treating the sweating on the palm of my hands. I found that I still sweated on the side of my palm and backs of fingers. This is why I am after a machine that has the ability to fill the trays with water possibly to a height of 2cm or more. Could you please inform me if this is possible with these machines.

3. I notice there are two machines you offer to sell

Iontophoresis Device IDROMED 5 PC

Iontophoresis Device Hidrex PC.

Is there any advantage of one over the other? which is the "gold standard" in Europe?

4. does the Idromed 5PC allow both PC and DC and does it have the ability to save setting and set timers
5. Do both of these machines allow the ands and feet to be treated at the same time?

Thanks for the help.

I am serious about purchasing one of these machines and would greatly appreciate your feedback

I would say: Iontophoresis !

Quote:
to the person concerned
i am 18 year old female suffering from quite strong palm sweating...i tried homeopathy and i am not confident about it..i am now in germany and am a half indian...
would you suggest a treatment??
hoping to here from you soon

I have a general question. I am awaiting the arrival of my Idromed PS 5 iontophoresis device. My use of the device will involve feet and hands only.

Answered in the prior support:

Quote:
My question is this: I wear surgical steel earrings and they are a challenge to remove and put back in. If I am only treating my hands/feet with the Idromed device, do I really need to remove my earrings for each and every treatment? I really want to avoid it if I can but, also, do not want to damage my ear lobes! Will I really experience any burn or sensation on my ear lobes?

I appreciate any guidance you can provide around the need to remove earrings prior to treatment.

Yes to all questions.
- it works for Australia too
- instructions in english

Armpit sweating : Iontophoresis pads underarm

Differences in iontophoresis machines

Quote:
Hello, i am interested in the Iontophoresis to treat hyperhidrosis of
the hands, feet and underarms. Im wondering what is the difference
between the two devices you have, are they much the same? are the
instructions in english? I would also need to request the additional
armpit pads, would you know how many would i need, just two? Also does
the device work in Australia? Thank you

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist