Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis no longer working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
Emily_91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Iontophoresis no longer working Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have been using Iontophoresis now for three months and it has been amazing. I was at a stage of doing it once every two weeks and my hands were great. However, I went on holiday to Mallorca for two weeks and took my machine with me and did one session there. The water is completely different to London in that I think it's softer. After one session the next day I noticed my hands had started to get more sweaty. I was back home for a week and had a session in London in the hope it went back to the way it was, and it hasn't. I understand that the different types of water can make a big difference, but would love some advice on what to do next in terms of should I start the whole process again? (i.e. three times a week) or do I continue once a week in the hope it goes back to working? Taking three months off for a 'break' isn't an option for me really.

Thanks Smile
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Emily,
After losing success with Iontophoresis due to vacation and changing water properties it is the best idea to do another initial therapy.
Maybe you could register as a user ,then you can get an automatic mail when your post is answered.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
john2223

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Iontophoresis no longer working Reply with quote

Emily_91 wrote:
Hi there,

I have been using Iontophoresis now for three months and it has been amazing. I was at a stage of doing it once every two weeks and my hands were great. However, I went on holiday to Mallorca for two weeks and took my machine with me and did one session there. The water is completely different to London in that I think it's softer. After one session the next day I noticed my hands had started to get more sweaty. I was back home for a week and had a session in London in the hope it went back to the way it was, and it hasn't. I understand that the different types of water can make a big difference, but would love some advice on what to do next in terms of should I start the whole process again? (i.e. three times a week) or do I continue once a week in the hope it goes back to working? Taking three months off for a 'break' isn't an option for me really.

Thanks Smile

I would begin the entire process again. Since you got back from London and you're using the same water you did initially you shouldn't have anymore problems with it working as effectively as it did at first. I found out on http://sweatthroughit.com/iontophoresis-treatment-for-hyperhidrosis-how-to-pick-them-and-how-to-use-them/ that the tap water really makes a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this in the forum https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/water-properties-is-there-a-impact-on-iontophoresis-t816.html - states the conjunction of the water and the impact on iontophoresis
SALLYS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: IONTOPHORESIS DOESN'T WORK AS WELL Reply with quote

I had a break from using my Idrostar and then moved house to an area where the water is apparently softer & it didn't work so well. I was advised by the makers to do the 7 treatment sessions over a 4-week period again and when my hands feel just a little clammy, then do a top of treatment of 20 minutes. I've been doing that for several weeks now and it works really well and I'm dry. A friend of mine also has one and a water softener and she found that if she added a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda into each bath of tap water, it made all the difference. So it's all to do with the water?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water is an important factor that can influence the treatment, but surely not the only one! Smile

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: