Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Water properties. Is there a impact on iontophoresis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Water properties. Is there a impact on iontophoresis? Reply with quote

We have lots of requests concerning the water properties in regards to its impact on Iontophoresis.

We can say: Yes, there is a relationship between the water (which water is used) and the possibility of a success with the Iontophoresis therapy.

But: and this is strange: Not everybody reacts in the same way with the same water. This means: if there would be a rule: Iontophroesis does not work in New York for example (because we have had several people who have had problems in NY), you cannot say that: Iontophoresis does not work at all in NY.

At the moment what we can say is : That Volvic water works for most users and it is available worldwide. After achieving success with this water you may use another cheaper water. If you've found one that works as well as Volvic does, please respond to this post and tell the world where you live and the brand of name of the water that you use.

Here once again we can state: Iontophoresis is a highly individual therapy form to combat Hyperhidrosis. Things which work for you are not guaranteed to work for someone else.

Some think also that it has something to do with the hardness of the water, this is (mostly) also not true.

The hardness of the water is defined by minerals like chalk (or lime, limescale, scale, calcium carbonate). Lime makes the water hard. The more Lime, the harder the water. If your treatment water is saturated with Lime you will have a conductivity problem with Iontophoresis: The water will then build up a high resistance, and with a resistor divider you will lose effective treatment current to the water. Here is a problem for "low current" operated devices too. If the Iontophoresis machine can only deliver a tiny current there is a much higher risk of failure with Iontophoresis --> Differences in Iontophoresis current strength

Here we have to switch to the conductivity of a water. The conductivity is also defined through the dissolved Ions (for example salts, acids, bases and metal spurs).

On the other hand: Distilled water has a "as good as no" electrical passthrough, it is a really high resistor, this is why you have as good as no chance to get Iontophoresis to work when you do it with distilled water (water softener in the house) or high saturated water (hard).

Please help us to find the perfect water for each country

If you have had problems with the water please write a answer post with your location and what you use for avoiding problems (do you add anything to the water, or have you figured out a cheap mineral water that works for your Iontophoresis treatment?) Many thanks.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Kobi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Volvic water is not commonly seen in Toronto.

What water would you recommend based on the Toronto users that have posted?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try with a commonly used bottled mineral water in your region.
Let us know how it works!

William

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would work best in Rhode Island area?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Volvic or Evian water are not available, you can try with a commonly used bottled water in your area.

William

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Start use on my own? Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the water ideas, would it be the best idea to start iontrophoresis at a hospital first or could I be successful buying a machine on my own and beginning treatment at my house. I would have to buy it out if my own pocket, so innsurance isn't an issue. I have been using a ghetto home made machine with no results, only day 10 though on 18 volts, will go up to 24 today. Basically the question is whether I could buy a machine(hydrex psp 1000) and use on my own successfully without going through all the hassle of finding a dr and waiting forever to start treatment only to eventually be told to do it at home.
William

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Water quality Reply with quote

Also if I may add what are your thoughts on
1) adding salt to the water to drop resistance increase amps
2) adding baking soda to presumably increase ph or hardness of water
3) reusing water if you buy bottled? Not necessary but could be useful

Thanks for all the help you guys are really helpful and make the process of drying out hands not nearly as dreadful/pessimistic
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear William,
Your ghetto Iontophoresis homemade machine is like all the cheap or homemade machines that we have seen out there: it is truly just a poor thing… Sure you can go to a hospital to tryout a Iontophoresis machine, but I think that this is very time consuming. If you want to try our machines , we offer a money back guarantee, also there are only a small number of clinics using pulsed machines at the moment out there, only in Germany and the UK are there higher number of pulsed Iontophoresis machines .

If you have no success we will refund the costs of your Iontophoresis device bought through our site.

Last edited by support on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:12 am; edited 4 times in total
William

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Water quality Reply with quote

Ok thanks a lot for the response! In the coming months I will look to buy a device from this site. What do you think about the second post I made about adding stuff to the water?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water additives do not make any sense for achieving success with Iontophoresis. Only in a few rare cases -can a medication sometimes be added if you have had absolutely no success with normal tap water Iontophoresis.

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/water-additions-for-iontophoresis-t530.html

Last edited by support on Sat May 30, 2015 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
William

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reuse Reply with quote

I'm using evian water, could I reuse it a few times or will this not work?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can, but this is not the point. The point is to determine IF it is the water, and if, you can exchange it for another cheap water for the purpose of tap-water-Iontophoresis.

However, we think it is best to start with Volvic water... and not with Evian.

Last edited by support on Mon May 11, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
William

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Minor Sweat Reply with quote

Hi, I achieved complete dryness of my hands(YESS!) for about two weeks. However, I then started to taper off treatment and eventually went two to three days without treatment. My hands are now what i would consider around 75% to 80% dry, and i have started to treat every day for 30 min to re achieve dryness using evian water. My question to you is whether doing up to 1hr of treatment time a day could potentially make the situation worse? or could it only help? I just ask because i have seen people who seem to try to treat for around an hour to two hours a day and they just say there sweating got worse. Thanks for all your help it has been a god send
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75% is not enough, it should be 100% -- look , with a professional unit we are sure you can bring down treatment times and frequency by driving up to 60 volts - and this is mostly only reachable with a pulsed machine.

However,we are glad the ghetto homebuild machine works for you and did not harm you (because it is not a medically tested and proven device and I think there are - if any - only some poor security circuits built in ...

Last edited by support on Thu May 28, 2015 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
William

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Machine Reply with quote

Yea I will be spending a semester in england so i thought i would just get by with my ghetto version till i get back and then purchase a device from this site(you guys have helped a lot and i really appreciate it!). Plan on getting back to 100% and experimenting to perfect treatment, just scared at times of reverting back to sweat world and not being able to reacheive dryness!!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist