Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Right hand sweating, left hand don't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
sbm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Right hand sweating, left hand don't Reply with quote

I have been using a Hidrex successfully now for 8 months. Two weeks ago I noticed that my right hand was sweating a little again. Still under control and not even close to how bad it used to be. Left hand is dry.

The reason I think that this happened is because I was a bit lazy with the treatments, so I skipped treatments for a couple of days here and there. I normally do treatments every two days. Either than or it is the fact that I have not been strict with changing polarity.

What I have done now is to do daily treatments again to get back in control. I also have done what your support gave me in tips and switch polarity every treatment. Time and voltage is the same as I always used (15 min at 30 volts for hands).

Do you have any other advice for me such as increasing the voltage, increasing treament time or something else? Which polarity is said to be more effective?

It's no big deal at the moment really as the sweating is still under control, but I would rather not go back to where I used to be without my Hidrex.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sbm,

There´s not much for me to say, only that higher currents and longer treatment times normally cause stronger and longer sweat free effects.

If you can stand more current this is according to how you feel it , if it does not hurt and the skin does not get irritated then take a look at the manual for Iontophoresis which states: Go up with the current until you feel a slight tingling sensation, then go down a bit so that it is comfortable for you. This is the right level for your personal skin condition.

Continue with the setup tips I gave you. Keep on treating until you´re back at your wished for dryness level, after that follow this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html

The + pole is the stronger one, it may make sense to use it on your your right hand, the +pole is a bit more effective.
For more information please visit:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/do-i-have-to-change-polarity-with-the-pc-dc-device-t15.html

After having both hands sweat free, it maybe makes sense that you the change polarity weekly, if the hands remain sweat free with this schedule. If not, you need more treatments for the hand that sweats more.

Once more: Regarding treatment times and current settings, if you can increase both without having trouble with your skin, this will surely lead to a higher success! Just remember that the current should not hurt.

Follow this and you should be back to "a normal sweat level" in a couple of days!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sun May 24, 2015 11:50 am; edited 5 times in total
sbm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thought that I would submit a short update. Slowly but surely the dryness is coming back to my right hand again after I did what was mentioned above. Probably need a few more days of treatment, then I can move on to my maintenence schedule.

Strange that it was only my right hand that got a bit bothersome again. Another thing that crossed my mind is that some weeks ago I was using seal foam insulation when doing some work on the house and I got it onto my right hand. Just like some sort of super glue it was really hard to get off, so I rubbed a lot of skin off in the process. Perhaps that can have something to do with the problem I experienced too. Anyway, does not matter now as I am almost back to where I was about a month ago.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Wink Nice to hear that dryness is coming back to your righ hand!
Don`t give up and keep us updated!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: