Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Do I have to change polarity with the PC/DC Device?

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Do I have to change polarity with the PC/DC Device? Reply with quote

Hyperhidrosis treatments and iontophoresis: For those who use the Idromed or Hidrex Iontophoresis units we recommend to change the polarity every week.

You do not need to change the polarity every time you use the machine. There are lots of suggestions on the internet that you should switch polarity during the second half of each therapy session. This effect is not as significant as made out to be.

Automatic polarity change for iontophoresis is "non-sense"

It is not good to use a machine that switches automatically after one half of the iontophoresis treatment every time. --> Why auto reverse polarity change can cause longer iontophoresis treatment times
You may change polarity only in the following case:
When e.g. both hands, armpits or feet sweat the same way.

You do not need to change polarity in these cases:
1) If you treat hands and feet at similar settings with the Hidrex or Idromed (you can treat both hands and feet at the same time with this device) then you can lay the + Pole to the feet (it has a slightly stronger effect), or the part you wish the more sweat reducing effect.

2) One palm, armpit or foot sweats more: Put the + electrode to the part that sweats more.

Best success of iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis

You see: An automatic fix for polarity changes is in most cases not suitable and annoying, cause it prolongs in many cases the treatment times and can prevent the best possible success of iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis. We realy believe it is the best to say no to devices who have a fixed polarity change. We have requests from the manufactorers if they should build in such a feature and we denied it. A polarity change is easy to realize but this is really a feature that we dont want in our devices we sell.

Quote:

Quest:
With the AC unit you would not have to with polarity during treatment?
The AC unit provides the same treatment?

And "ac" is not the right word for the current used, it is PC for 'PulsedCurrent', or correctly it is PDC 'Pulsed Direct Current'.
PulsedCurrent or PulsedDirectCurrent are both direct currents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: Hello, I am an Hyperhidrosis sufferer on hands, feet, armpits, and face. I don't want to stop sweating on my armpits and face, since my main concern are hands/feet. I have the Drionic and I did multiple treatments with no results. I am contacting you to ask if there is a chance Idromed 5 PS might not work for me. This is my last hope and I am going to make the order very soon (maybe tonight if I get a response). It is too expensive but if it works, it is REALLY worth the price. I wanted to know if I can take it with me if I'm travelling (I'm travelling to Africa soon) and if it is a sturdy machine (or does it seem to break easily?). Most importantly, can I make my own extra aluminum plates. My uncle has an aluminum shop and he would make me plates with the exact dimensions. Also, what is polarity and reversed polarity? How do I reverse the polarity and why is it done. Much thanks and I really hope to hear from you soon.

You can travel with it, no problem.

Yes, we think is worth the price and no it doesn't break easily. The devices we sell are reliable for years and are used in clinics. For the polarity change question, please see above.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 11 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can treat both hands at one time. The ugly electric fence effect known from the most devices on the market is no more applicable since the model Idromed 4, the Idromed 5 offers an automatical in- and decrease routine at the beginning/end of the treatment. The automatical switch of the polarity in the middle of the treatment is senseless cause for the most applications it is not applicable. E.g.: When treating hands and feet at one time you place the + electrode mostly to the feet, the + pole electrode has more sweat effect. In this case and in mostly all other cases it is silly to do a exchange, even a automatical one in the middle of iontophoresis treatments. Same is for the hands: In the beginning everyone will get his right hand dry first, most users leave the + pole at the right hand till it is sweat free. Then they go further with the other hand, or if one hand sweats much more or needs more current a automatical polarization turn will affect the iontophoresis therapy. I could go ahead furtheron with so much other things it is better to have no switch, for this we have developed a routine inside board, you get access as our customer.

Quote:
Subject: Product inquiry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we would like to know if "Iontophoresis Device IDROMED 5 PC" requires to shift the polarization during threatment : we've read the patient couldn't do both hands at the same time because one has to manipulate the device at half the treatment (with "Idromed 1" e.g.). Is it also the case with "Iontophoresis Device IDROMED 5 PC" ?
So, our question is : can we threat 2 hands at the same time ?

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist