Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Idromed 5 DC voltage/adapter and electrodes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Idromed 5 DC voltage/adapter and electrodes Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am looking at purchasing the Iontophoresis Device IDROMED 5 DC for personal use from home. I live in Perth, Western Australia and our power voltage is 240V does the machine come as 240V or is there an adapter I can purchase? also, are steel plates better than aluminum - what's the difference in terms of effectiveness of treatment?
Lastly, do you ship these machines to Perth Western Australia? If so, could you please provide me with a price for the unit inclusive of postage? Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your interest in our products!

Please note that we always recommend taking a PULSED CURRENT (PC) device, even for treatment of the feet and especially for axilar treatment. Under this link you'll find more information about this topic: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/iontophoresis-pulsed-current-better-than-direct-current-t139.html , https://www.iontodevice.com/tap-water-iontophoresis.htm

Concerning the power voltage there is no problem, the only thing is that you can choose between an EU-Plug or an UK-Plug but you will also need an adapter to fit Australian outlets.

In terms of effectiveness of the treatment, at the beginning there is no difference, but the stainless steel electrodes are longer-lasting: they are more robust and resistant to dirt and calcium deposits, they're a lot easier to clean and they don't need to be cleaned as often as the aluminium ones, so later they will still give a better current flow and that's important for a successful therapy. That's why, if you do not suffer from any allergy against nickel or chrome, we would suggest buying the stainless steel electrodes. (If you want to order an Idromed device, the aluminium electrodes are always included, even if you choose the stainless steel electrodes).

Of course, shipping to Perth is not a problem, we already have a lot of customers in Australia. All prices listed on our online shops include worldwide shipping!

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to purchase the Idromed 5 PC with the steel plates and armpit electrodes however, I am not sure which 'Mains Plug' to select. Is it possible to purchase the adapter needed for Australia from you? If so, I would like to add that on also. If not, could you please tell me which 'Mains Plug' I should choose and what adapter I will need?

I have also read on the website that should the Idromed 5 PC not work for me after a period of 8 weeks, I can return it for a full refund? Just wanting to confirm this with you.

If you could please send me an invoice (in Australian Dollars) for the device and the extras and let me know payment options it would be much appreciated. Is PayPal a payment option?
Also, how long would you estimate postage to Perth, Western Australia?
Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Australia you have an I -Plug, on our online shop you should just choose between Eu-Plug or UK-Plug;
both are ok, but I think that most customers choose the EU-Plug. Then you will just need an adapter which fit the Australian outlet. I think you can easly find one in every electronic store.

Concerning our money back guarantee, you're right: you are able to test the device and to treat for 8 weeks. After this period, if you're not satisfied with the results, you can return the device for a refund. Please just note that, in this case we have to charge you 70 € for shipping and for the extra accessories, in your case 55€ for armpit electrodes and 30 € for the stainless steel upgrade (please see under: https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/information/money-back/index.html)

Our support and the access to the priority section of our forum is included!

The payment methods are: Credit Card, PayPal and Cash in advance (with 2% discount).

under www.sweating.com you can see the prices in USD or see under Currency Converter

https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/excessive-sweating/treatment-idromed-5-pc.html

Idromed 5 PC: 675 €, (about 838 AUD)

upgrade stainless steel electrodes: 30 € (about 37 AUD)

armpit electrodes: 55 € (about 68 AUD)

Total: 760 € (943.744 AUD)

I hope I could help you. If something isn`t clear just ask![img][/img]

Last edited by support on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your reply. I think I would choose the EU plug.

I have just been reading about the Idromed 5 DC and PC devices and I noticed on the website it says that the Idromed 5 PC is for "heavy sweating" and the DC version is for "hyperhydrosis". I assume hyperhydrosis (in terms of sweating) is sweating at a higher extent than what would be classified as "heavy sweating"?
I was diagnosed with Hyperhydrosis about 14 years ago and underwent Iontophoresis treatment for a few weeks which worked very well for me however, the device used gave out a constant current (during treatment, i could feel the tingling in my hands and feet constantly so I assume this was a Direct Current machine? As I did not feel pulses of the current? Would this be correct?

Sorry for all the questions... I just want to make sure I purchase the correct machine, the one that will work best for my level of perspiration.

Would you still recommend the PC device?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperhidrosis is just the medical term for excessive or heavy sweating, so that's the same.

All of our devices are for the treatment hyperhidrosis, however we almost always recommend a pulsed current device. Pulsed current is much smoother and not as painful as the direct current that's why I'm quite sure that the Idromed PC is still the best choice for you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist