Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex PS-500 Plus Iontophoresis Machine

ananda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Hidrex PS-500 Plus Iontophoresis Machine Reply with quote

Hello Markus,

Thanks for the Hidrex PS500 Plus Iontophoresis Machine. I assume its the one with steel plates instead of aluminum ones?

I have not yet started using the machine because of a few concerns and since I will probably try it myself and not go to a doctor as suggested in the instructions. I want to be a bit careful before testing it.

-- Do you not need to use any water in this machine like you do for Drionic? I saw a picture on Hidrex's website and it seems like there is no water in the machine. I didn't get the white plastic trays shown in the photo on here (in which there seems to be no water):

clasplus pdf document

-- Is Pulsating Current (PC) the same as Alternating Current (AC)? Why did this concept take so long to develop and what made it difficult to offer this in the past? I think you told me in a past e-mail that I still need to reverse polarity (meaning reverse the connecting wires to the electrodes/metal plates)?

-- Why is this site and these forums all about Idromed? Is Idromed better than Hidrex? It seems like most people are buying Idromed.

-- What are the chances that the Hidrex machine will cause me some electric shock (what if my feet touch the metal pieces)? Do you build different models for the US market compared to the German or European market that convert the voltage (step down)? If there a fuse or circuit breaker in the machine?

I will ask some more questions once someone replies.

I will make a page with pictures of my treatment on my site soon.

Thanks.

Last edited by ananda on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it has steelelelctrode plates. The steel ones fit in the case cheek to cheek, the aluminiums not, they are a bit bigger.

Quote:
I assume its the one with steel plates instead of aluminum ones?

There 's no doctor needed for doing Iontophoresis treatment.

Quote:
I have not yet started using the machine because of a few concerns and since I will probably try it myself and not go to a doctor as suggested in the instructions. I want to be a bit careful before testing it.

The pictures are incorrect in this case. Sure you must use tap water in the trays, without water the machine will not work.

Quote:
Do you not need to use any water in this machine like you do for Drionic? I saw a picture on Hidrex's website and it seems like there is no water in the machine. I didn't get the white plastic trays shown in the photo on here (where there seems to be no water):

according to the clasplus pdf doc

Is pulsating current the same as Alternating Current (AC)?

Quote:
Is pulsating current the same as Alternating Current (AC)? Why did this concept take so long to develop and what made it difficult to offer this in the past? I think you told me in a past e-mail that I still need to reverse polarity (meaning reverse the electrodes or metal pieces)?

It is the Idromed
We didn't have time to launch it in English. We have a lack of translation and content textes, it will come soon. It is available over the German shop worldwide at the moment, so patience please.
You cant say: that or this device is better- they have all advantages and disadvantages. If they would be the same there would be no need to offer two seperate machines.

Quote:
Why is this site and these forums all about Idrostar? Is Idrostar better than Hidrex? It seems like most people are buying Idrostar.

There is no electric shock, because the Hidrex machines have this "anti-electric-fence circuit build in"

Why should the skin get in contact with the electrodes? For this you have a mesh or tissue between them.
Even if there is a contact you may get burns but no electric shock.

No it is the same model for EU and US market. The Hidrex has a wide range walls plug, it runs without a converter to step down the voltage. It runs between 110 and 240 Volts for worldwide usage.

The circuits in the machine (Idromed and Hidres) itselfs are galvanic deviced,which means you have no risk. This is according to the german medical technical law which is known as one of the most stringent in the world. It is as risk free as a battery operated device, as long as you plug it directly into the wall.

Quote:
What are the chances that the Hidrex machine will cause me some electric shock (what if my feet touch the metal pieces)? Do you build different models for the US market compared to the German or European market that convert the voltage (step down)? If there a fuse or circuit breaker in the machine?

I will ask some more questions once someone replies.

I will make a page with pictures of my treatment on my site soon.

Thanks.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
ananda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markus, thanks for the reply. I think I was confusing the plates with the electrodes (I though they were the same thing). I meant if the feet touch the steel plates is it dangerous? Also, I don't think I got the white plastic trays, but I am at work and don't have the machine in front of me. Am I supposed to put water in the briefcase type case if there are no trays like those shown in that picture I linked earlier?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the same - electrodes or electrode plates or plates...

Quote:
Hi Markus, thanks for the reply. I think I was confusing the plates with the electrodes (I though they were the same thing).

As I wrote you already , you have the danger of burns for the part of the skin touching the electrodes or the blank metal.!!

Quote:
I meant if the feet touch the steel plates is it dangerous?

As I wrote in the pdf, the one you saw was a old one, there were white trays, now you got a divideable suitcase wich is grey... function is the same.

Quote:
Also, I don't think I got the white plastic trays, but I am at work and don't have the machine in front of me.

Yes for sure, so you got the manual sent with the device , there it is written.

Quote:
Am I supposed to put water in the briefcase type case if there are no trays like those shown in that picture I linked earlier?

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks Markus. I assume that filling the suitcase with water to cover my feet will be okay. Will let you know if it works.

One final point -- the plug you sent has two round pins, but all sockets in the US accept only square pin plugs. I will try to find an adapter that is suitable. Usually they only sell adapters here that convert from square pin to round pin for travel to Europe and elsewhere.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the fact that you got the really first device, we had no time to buy adaptors here and to include them in the package... the "end" version of this device will come with a travelling adaptor set for use all over the world.

so you have to look after a adaptor European Standard plug / 3 nose US plug.

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying this one or maybe trying something cheaper on xbay:

Couldn't find anything at Wal Mart or Target near where I live.

========================================

FYI -- I ended up buying this adapter at a local Office Max store:
ananda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my first treatment yesterday (encompassing several attempts and modifications to the settings) and it seems to have gone well. Even when I purposely touched by feet to the higher part of the electrode connected to the wires, I felt nothing. I did not try touching my feet to the electrodes underneath the towel though!

During treatment, I did feel some tingling, but no shock.

Although the instructions state to put one feet in at a time and not both, I put both feet in at the same time (one in each half of the briefcase) as well as one at a time and it seems like the treatment works either way.

There are only FOUR buttons (plus the on off switch) you can actually press on the machine right (but many more LEDs)? I didn't figure out how to change the default hand sweating to feet sweating using any of the four buttons, and just increased the voltage to 20V instead. I will try reading the instruction book again to see how to change the default (memory?) setting to feet.

This machine is definitely far superior to Drionic. It seems like the voltage won't go high even if the setting is supposed to be for 20V if the machine senses that your feet are highly sensitive. I read something like that.

My feet did not sweat much at all today, but the outside temperature is also much lower than yesterday, so I am not going to give the machine credit as of yet.
ananda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some advice about cleaning the machine. The book says the machine is basically maintenance free. It also says that the towels can be cleaned in the washing machine with your clothes, while the wet briefcase and electrodes should be wiped with a moist (why moist and not dry???) cloth and some kind of disinfectant/cleaning fluid.

However, If my feet are clean and not sweating prior to the treatment, why do I need to ever clean the briefcase or towels? Isn't just wiping them dry (and squeezing the towels dry vigorously) enough? For the electrodes, the cleaning is required to prevent calcium deposits. How often should this cleaning be done and do you have a recommendation for a detergent/product to use to clean the electrodes?

Also,

-- is it possible for the machine to reduce the sweating after just one 15 minute treatment at 20 volts?

-- can you use a cell phone while being treated? It says not to wear jewelry in the instruction manual.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right in this case - the manual is not correct in this case , so:
dry them only, there is no reason for disinfection each time after treatment.

You have stainless steel electrodes, they are "cleaning free" over a long time, appr. 2-4 years.
You only have to clean them when there is so much patina on them that the current does not go up where you want it to go, f.e. if it can't reach 25 V, or for optic reasons, then use a stainless steel metal cleaner and clean them.

You may use a phone during the treatment.

Yes ,if you are lucky you can have a success even after 1 min at settting 1.

Jewelry: for example if you wear rings, wristwatches or a necklace during the treatment-when treating the hands- you may get brand marks because the current is concentrated in the areas where any metal meets the skin directly (same reason you put a towel or a grid over the electrodes to avoid direct contact from the electrodes metal with the skin).

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Markus.

FYI -- in my third treatment, I went up to 25 volts (still with the hand sweating LED on) and could not feel anything at all on my feet, not even any tingling sensation. Hopefully its just because of the high quality PS machine.
ananda

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my fourth treatment, I used slightly warmer water (so far I had only used the cold water from the cold water tap) and this time I felt the tingling again. Moreover, when I put a finger in the water, it definitely felt like a mild shock and thats never happened before. I suppose there is a significant difference in the treatment depending on the water temperature.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is .
Do it the way it is most comfortable for you ....

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past few days, I have not been feeling any sensation during treatment, so I will try warmer water and maybe more water and see if that helps. Maybe I will go up to 35 volts.

Do you know how the machine senses when the feet are inside the tray ("dive" light comes on)? There can't be any sensor in the trays or the steel plates, so I am assuming the sensor is in the wires/connectors? Its pretty neat that the machine will not work till this "dive" light comes one.

FYI -- the "User" button mentioned in the book in several places for the PS machine is actually the "Memo" button on my machine.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: internal circuit - iontophoresis machine Reply with quote

Just go up with the current till it tingles! Don't worry, it is ok.
The bodys' resistance is measured by a internal circuit of the Iontophoresis machine, so when he is external it remains and when there is a 2 kOhm resistance it begins to run...

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT WORKED!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT !!!!
Please leave message at the support forum

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Support forum" or "Success board"?

I left a message in the success board.

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are right "Success board"
The recommendation to check the device every 4 years is for clinics and doctors, it is recomended for the home user, but it isn't a must...most users do not send Iontophoresis devices in for a check... I've had only one customer doing this and I´ve sold many of these devices ...

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I added that on my page and a couple of other things ("User" versus "Memo" error in manual)?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input, it will be corrected in the next printing...

Last edited by support on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
fleesy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Your musings are very helpful to me, im only 15 and ive suffered this all my life, it is so degrading, THANKYOU
ananda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Markus,

Do you know why there is no data on current (in amps)? The display shows voltages, but it seems like some of the posts on google for Idrostar and other machines talk about amps.

Is there some kind of device I can buy to measure the current in the water to satisfy my own curiosity?

Thanks.

Fleesy, you are lucky to have the internet and be able to make informed decisions.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is easy. Fix 35 mA at the adjustable amperage of f.e. 60 Volts

Other devices use adjustable mA at fix Volts,
for example
3 mA at 60 Volts.

Now you can calculate:
30 Volts with Hidrex is equal to a machine that powers 60 Volts at 17,5 mA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist