Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Dryness with Idromed 5

Mr. Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Dryness with Idromed 5 Reply with quote

Hey everyone..I'm now near the end of my 8 week trial with the Idromed 5, so I thought I'd chronicle my experiences to add to the pool.

I bought the Idromed for my hands and feet. My hands and feet ranged from light clamminess at their best, to cold sweatiness at their worst which seriously hampered my social life. After about 13 treatments, I'd experienced some success on my hands but not much on my feet, but I found that quite suddenly I had become accustomed to the current and wasn't feeling it too much, especially on my feet. I then started experiencing some wetness returning on my right hand, so Markus suggested I start treating my hands and feet separately. Since then, here is where I am at now.

Hands: 100% dryness. I actually went a full week dry without any treatment, at which point the sweat started coming back and I needed 4 treatments to get back to where I was before. Basically, I waited too long, and am now going to go back treating my hands every second day for the recommended period, after which I'll go to every 3rd day, and so on. I've also started treating the back of my hands at a lower level (11 MA for 8 minutes as opposed to 23 MA for 15 minutes) and they seem to have responded in a short period of time. So, I can report a solid success story on this area.

Feet: This has been more difficult. I treat 30 minutes a day at 25 MA..15 of those with socks on to get the tops of my feet. This seems to have helped out a bit also. I still get coldness and clamminess on my feet, and my feet have become quite accustomed to the current. I am starting to moisturize every day to hopefully soften up the skin and get the current to push through a bit more again. I kind of feel I may need the DC device on this area to get full results because the skin on the feet is naturally tougher. So, I'd say the Idromed has helped my sweat problem on my feet at this point to the tune of about a 40-50% improvement.

Side effects: Some dry skin, but nothing too bad. A few blisters on the hands, but again nothing major. Cover any sensitive areas with Nivea blue cream. I have no doubt that this will all clear up as I perfect the device to my own individual situation.

Tips: Definitely start with a lower water level, up to about the point on your fingertips where the nail meets the skin. Should you be successful, this should get all of your palms and bottom of fingers dry, and a good part of the tops of your fingers as well. You can then either do the top of your hand and fingers (if they are part of the sweat problem) with a cloth, or simply do what I do and turn your hands over and treat them directly for less time and with a lower current since your skin there will be quite sensitive. Also, there will be ups and downs. Part of the therapy is figuring how it is best suited for you. This takes time and I'm still learning it, but after 8 weeks I feel as though Im really starting to settle in.

Customer Service: Excellent...every one of my e-mails has been returned with some advice. It is often short and to the point, but you get full support to help guide you through the process. Markus was on vacation and still returned my e-mails. I kind of felt bad about it but I was in my last week of trial and needed some questions answered. So, support is definitely top notch.

Overall assessment: Having dry hands again has been so worth the investment. It would be great to get the feet to come around fully as well, but I'm still very happy with the device. I deal with a number of health problems, and this is one of the few times I spent money on something and it actually worked.

I know this is a long read, but I hope it helps. Cheers to everyone, and best of luck.

P.S.:My long time experience -> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/idromed-pulsed-unit-13-months-later-t504.html
Angel01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: zz Reply with quote

i could only drag the treatment for 3 days interval without treatment, as for feet, i didnt do because there was a lot of cuts and skins peeled off , haha but it doesnt matter, all it matters are my HANDS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: