Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Home Made iontophoresis machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
chrisgafford

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Home Made iontophoresis machine Reply with quote

I just wanted to share my experience with a home made iontophoresis machine with all of you. I suffer from Plantar hyperhidrosis (foot sweating.) I have tried all sorts of things including surgery. You can see my previous post about my history and surgery HERE

I was very excited when I found out about Iontophoresis machines. I had tried the Drionic machine that is available here in the US but it did absolutely nothing. I wanted to try a Hidrex or Idromed machine badly but the high cost was a huge issue. At more than $900, it isn't something you just buy on a whim.

So, I did some research and found out that some people were having luck with a homemade Iontophoresis machine. It is basically three 18 volt lantern batteries hooked to each other with wire and then each end hooked to aluminum baking trays. Fill the trays with water and you have an Iontophoresis machine. I decided to build one and try it out.

Believe it or not, the homemade machine worked. After about two weeks of 15 minute treatments each day, the sweating had stopped on my feet. It was really a great thing. The problem is in using the homemade machine. It's very very uncomfortable. Of course, you are essentially electorcuting your feet so it's not surprising that it's not pleasant. You can definately feel a sting and tingle as the current runs through the water. If you take one foot out before the other, you get quite a shock. Same goes for if you remove the battery from the tray before removing your feet. Bottom line, it's just plain uncomfortable and not something you would want to do for a long period of time. I really struggled in just doing it every night for those two weeks. However, I am so desperate to stop the sweating that I am willing to endure anything.

Since I knew that the iontophoresis machine worked, I was even more interested in buying a real, professional machine. I knew that I needed to get one with a Pulsed current in order to remove the pain from the process. The homemade machine works on DC current and that's why it's uncomfortable. I read lots of reviews and testimonials about the hidrex PS500. It looked like this machine had a very high success rate so I finally was able to save my pennies and buy one.

I got the machine from Germany about a week ago. I have been using it for 15 minutes on the highest setting every night since. The sweating hasn't stopped yet but I believe that it will. I just haven't had enough treatments yet. This machine is very cool. It's easy to work and user friendly. It's compact and easy to clean and store. Also, while it's on, you can't feel a thing. I do occasionally get an itch while it's running but nothing like the burning and tingling I was getting with the homemade machine. It's so gentle that I have had my 9 yr old son start using it because his feet have already started to sweat. His aren't as bad as mine but I'm trying to prevent him from ever going through the humiliation I have had to endure most of my life.

We are both excited about the Hidrex machine and have complete faith that within another week or so worth of treatments, our feet will be dry as a bone. I have read in several places that it's not a gradual drying. Instead, your feet will just, all of a sudden, not sweat. I am so looking forward to that day.

I will keep y'all posted on the progress and let you know when the hidrex machine starts to work. I am also taking notes on water that I'm using, treatment times, voltage, etc., so that I can share that information as well. I can't wait to report back to the forum that I am sweat free.
Fluffbubble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really awesome to hear - keep us all posted on how it's going with your professional machine! I had seen those videos on youtube with the homemade machines and almost tried it, but was too chicken with the pain involved. I ended up getting an idromed from here and it's great.
Sweatbegone!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, eagerly awaiting more information from you! Have read your posts and I want to know if this machine stops the sweating 100% for you. I am currently researching. I have hyperhidrosis all over my body not just my feet and its getting considerably worse!!! I am only 36. Makes life extremely difficult and I feel my spirit is crushed.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sweatbegone,
Maybe you can give Iontophoresis a try. Of course it's difficult to treat the whole body, but maybe the therapy would work at least for some parts...
I wish you all the best!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
sid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: iontophoresis Reply with quote

hi guys

i have excessive sweating problem on my feet and it is very bad at work, my confidence has gone and i can barely concentrate on my work.

please help me guys. i am planning to buy iontophoresis machine, and i would like to know which works the best before i invest lot of money in it.

Please guys help me
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take a look to this page: --> https://www.iontodevice.com/tap-water-iontophoresis.htm
I hope this answers all of your questions.

Last edited by support on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
kyrabooda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: iontophoresis Reply with quote

Are ya'll using a medication in one pad/pan/electrode and water in other? How does this modality work to help stop excessive sweating?

Just curious.
Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

There is no need to put medication in the tubs. Iontophoresis therapy against excessive sweating normally works with regular tap water and no additives.

Last edited by support on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:42 am; edited 4 times in total
tom13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: affects Reply with quote

did you condition get worse bofore it got better?
ryan_k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: help!!! Reply with quote

I didn't do the treatment for two weeks because I was on vacation. As soon as I got home I realized my hands were sweaty and I immediatley did the treatment. However, I have been doing this for a week now and my hands have had little if any improvement. Last time it only took about 4 days to work! I heard adding salt helps more but still no results. I have also been doing it twice a day because I want it cured and nothing is working! Any tips??
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing the effect of Iontophoresis is often caused by therapy pauses due to vacations, holidays, breaks or other pause reasons. Some users have big problems after such a loss of a sweat free effect to gain back the old results. It is not surprising that we recommend a certain schedule so as not to lose this .
Some sources say: treat till sweat reduction, then wait till you sweat again.This is total rubbish and is the fastest way to lose the sweat free effect of Ionto for a long time.
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html
also adding salt into the water is from our experience (and some scientific experiences) absolutely false.
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/water-additions-for-iontophoresis-t530.html

So what to do? 1st log in as a "real" user and not as a guest, then we'll take a closer look to see if you are one of our existing customers, if not you can buy a lifetime support:
https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/priority-support.html

Also: sweating cannot be cured, there is no cure for Hyperhidrosis - you can only supress the effects of Hyperhidrosis .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist