Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Successful treatment of hyperhidrosis

Mike67m

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Successful treatment of hyperhidrosis Reply with quote

I purchased the Hidrex PSP1000 for my 14 year old daughter after failure of topical antiperspirants and anticholinergic solutions (glycopyrrolate) via her dermatologist who had recommended either iontophoresis or botox as the next treatment options. Botox is painful on the hands and very expensive, and iontophoresis is not available in our regional area and would have required frequent trips of over 100km with all the logistical and cost problems associated with that. In the end I decided to try the Hidrex machine as ultimately it would cost less and even if it didn't work the refund is available.
First impressions were good, quick delivery to Australia and the machine itself appears well made and professionally engineered as one might expect from a German product. I needed to order a separate adaptor for Australian powerpoints as this is not available with the Hidrex, and chose to order a quality Korjo earthed adaptor, which cost around $20AUD (compared to the $1AUD models from Hong Kong, however we are running an electrical current from mains power here so I was taking no chances with cheap products).
I found the manual easy enough to understand and the initial setup and commencement of treatment was quite easy. I did note however that the manual does give recommendations that are different from those stated in the document on this forum on how to use the Hidrex machine most effectively, and I would recommend that users follow the forum guide rather than the supplied information in the manual (which is actually quite brief and doesn't give very clear instructions on what voltage to commence at and for how long etc, whereas the document on this forum is much clearer on how to proceed). Additionally you have to register on the forum using the email used in purchasing the device and join the "iontophoresis users" group to be able to access the crucial information on how to most effectively use the Hidrex machine.
This is how we proceeded. (I actually tested on myself before getting my daughter to do it!)
We commenced as directed and built up over a few days to 60% pulse rate using the maximum voltage and for 15 minutes. 70% gave an unpleasant sensation so we stuck with 60% which was completely comfortable. Not too much water was used, only just enough to cover the palms, and maybe halfway up the sides of the fingers. The water was lukewarm.
No obvious results and perhaps a slight increase in sweating over the first few days but after about day 10-11 of consecutive daily treatments the sweating reduced and stopped. My daughter now notices increased sweating in her armpits and of her feet as previously but an absence of sweating on her hands. I can't overestimate how important this is for her at her age, especially in terms of her ability to interact socially without the fear of having wet and clammy hands, let alone wet smudges and drips on schoolwork and computer keyboards etc.
We plan to move onto feet and armpits next.
Thanks to Markus for this site and for providing such a good service associated with the Hidrex machine.
I hope the above helps others who are looking for a solution for hyperhidrosis.

Michael
markus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mike, many thanks for your post, i am very happy that your daughter has had a sweat relief with iontophoresis- and also that you think the info on the board about the hidrex psp1000 is better and clearer than the one provided in the manual.
As for the adaptor, i phoned las week once more with hidrex (because i think they should also provide an australian plug, not only a us / uk and EU plug)and i think we can get this solved within the next weeks, however you could have bought the cheapest travel adaptor for the hidrex psp1000 (even ungrounded) because this hidrex iontophoresis machine is galvanic divided from the mains plug, there is no possibility that a failure can push the mains current to the body. the hidrex psp1000 is a medical device and there is no direct "wire" to the mains, there a medical galvanic isolation ("Galvanic isolation is the principle of isolating several functional sections of an electrical systems to prevent a direct current flow from one section to the other and is always a "must" principle when you want to have a european or german medical approval for a device hanging on the mains") This is always a quality thing: Some only run with batteries with their known disadvantages weak current, weak voltage, battery replacement and so on... A professional medical iontophoresis device woould be in the wrong place for clinical use, Hidrex is e.g. in germany in over 600 clinics and dermatologic departments of univerity clinics in place and they are used many times a day. You will not ever find any battery driven devices in these places.
In order of this on the other side of the wire you have a maximul output of 6V, this 6V are also galvanic isolated and transformed to the max of 60 Volts the hidrex psp1000 can deliver. You see, there is a double redundant system at the mains plug side and this one is secured in many other and different ways to prevent something going wrong, there are several fuses and security checkups/measurements" in the backyard, also it has the superfine electric fence effect detection and prevention - this is really high tech from germany and we are proud for having this machine in our programme. and the best: About so many things you can say: High tech - low life!
But not with this!

Also i wonder that anticholinergic solutions (glycopyrrolate) did not help agianst the sweating, or did you brake them cause of side effects?

aslo i think the increased sweating of other parts you noticed will surly disappear the next weeks, some few users notice such a body reaction, most of them noticed a increased sweating in the treated areas before the sweat disappeared in full.
This is my private account, and it is not scanned frequently, for this long waiting times till a reply are natural... for fast & direct contact, send a "private message" to the user "support", i will get notice and can take care immediate ...
Mike67m

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Markus. The glycopyrrolate solution (not used with iontophoresis in our case, although I understand it can be used instead of tap water with the iontophoresis machine if tap water is not effective) was applied directly to the hands, and ceased as it was ineffective, there were no side effects.
The increased sweating elsewhere is the same as it always was, not more than before, just more noticeable as she would normally expect her hands to sweat when her feet and armpits do, but now the hands stay dry. It was how we first knew the treatment was really working.

Regards,

Michael
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Glycopyrrolate solution as a topic must be brought somehow in the skin (for example with Iontophoresis) , so it is not surprising that it has not worked. normally it is taken orally with big side effects like dry eyes and so on

I havent heard that Glycopyrrolate solution is used as a topical to treat excessive sweating...

some more infor under https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/glycopyrrolate-and-iontoporesis-t755.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: