Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

DC vs PC

JosephHH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: DC vs PC Reply with quote

I just turned 24 years old and I'm suffering from Hyperhidrosis since puberty. I've got it all over; hands, feet, face ... you name it.
Around 4 years ago I discovered iontophoresis and I got myself a Chinese device and it has worked wonders for my hands. Unfortunately, it is not as effective anymore for some unknown reason and my Hyperhidrosis is back to ruining my average life.
My device outputs galvanic current which is DC, as far as I know. I can now tolerate high mAs with no problem thanks to hundreds of treatments I did.
I'm planning to buy Idromed 5 but I have a couple of questions that would help me a lot to decide which one to buy.
1st, Is there any possibility that I've developed an immunity for iontophoresis and nothing will work for me anymore?
2nd, Is the PC still a better choice for me? Considering that Im an experienced user and tolerating 15mA on my hands from DC shouldn't be a problem.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joseph.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to answer and compare Iontophoresis devices (even the homemade 6-12 Volt devices) correctly, I have to know how much output (Volts, mA @ certain resistance) your Chinese Iontophoresis device has. I assume it will be much less than Idromed can provide.

I would prefer the Idromed PC in every case.It is much more comfortable at the same settings, even if you treat with the max. Output.

Immunity to iontophoresis: Yes, some recognize a loss over the years, it is mostly
1. because of treatment faults
2. change in the bio-rhytm, the body then needs more or less current.

If the body needs less, you recognize this by the fact that the skin is getting too dry. If the body needs more, you can lose the sweat free effect even with Iontophoresis treatments.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu May 30, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
JosephHH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Markus,

Thanks for your quick response.
I'm not able to provide full details of my device but what I understood that 15mA doesn't have to feel the same on all devices. Right?
I'm not sure what you meant by treatment faults. Like I'm doing something wrong?
As for the last part, could you please explain what do you mean by " if he needs more you can loose the sweat free effect through iontophoresis treatments."?

My main concern is efficiency. I'm worried that PC might be less efficient to be more comfortable.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulsed current: it will not be less effective, the range is small between the differences of pc and dc. Only when you therapy at full power is there a bit more efficiency with the dc wich can be compensated with a slight increase in therapy time (5-10%). This will help to achieve the same results, but with a perfectly smooth iontophoresis treatment.
And who really can bear the full DC power the devices we sell can deliver?
15 mA are not the same if you have it on 10 Vots or 72
there is a range where you cant feel the current that much, or where it has a good feeling, it is between 60 and 72 Volts - this is what our professional devices use.

I do not know your therapy schedule so I can't say if you are doing something wrong, maybe, maybe not. But I haven't had one case where we could not give advice to setup the best therapy, so I would say: we can optimize the treatment and tailor it to your special needs...if not an aftersales support would not make this difference!

Last edited by support on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
JosephHH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Markus. I guess I will have to consider the PC instead then. I'm just scared that ionto won't work for me anymore... I'm sure you can understand.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really the better device, you´ll see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist