Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

My Experience with Hyperhidrosis

cm123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: My Experience with Hyperhidrosis Reply with quote

My Experience with Hyperhidrosis
-The story of how a mother finally found a way to cure both her children’s palmer and planter Hyperhidrosis.

Having two children twelve and twenty with medically diagnosed Hyperhidrosis was not always an easy experience. In fact, it took years of using my older twenty-year-old son as a “test subject” for all the many Hyperhidrosis “cures” before we were ever able to find one that safely and effectively eliminated their sweating.

One of the first cures we tired was the medically prescribed Drysol (Aluminum Chloride Cream/Liquid). While this will dry a normal person out, it never once dried either of my children’s hands or feet out enough to prevent sweating. The next logical remedy was glycopyrrolates. Glycopyrrolates, which are technically meant for stomach ulcers are sometimes prescribed for Hyperhidrosis for their side affect of “decreased sweating”. However, the side effects of this pill are extremely dangerous. Firstly, no child can take this pill so my twelve year old could not try it. Secondly, to even achieve the side effect of decreased sweating you must be willing to tolerate many other side effect including blurry vision, headaches, dry mouth and lethargy. Not wanting to continue with the side effects and warned by many doctors that this medicine is also linked to memory damage my eldest son discontinued glycopyrrolate. This led us to iontophoresis treatment. Wanting to test it, we purchased the Drionic machine. The Drionic is probably one of the cheapest iontophoresis machines you can purchase but as we learned, you get what you pay for.

With Drionic Machine, you must replace the special batteries, metal plates, and protective padding almost monthly. This ends up being a costly pain! You must contact the Drionic Company and then wait for this new replacement stuff to arrive, which continues to be an out of pocket expense every month. In addition, the machine is painful, so painful that my twelve-year-old son could not use it! At this point, we thought about purchasing a PS iontophoresis machine from Markus Binder. While, more costly than the Drionic it promised to be non-painful and allow your hands and feet to be done at once in less time than it would take the Drionic to do either your hands or feet. However, before investing in such a costly machine we had to make sure there was nothing else. This left us with Botox; my son got what seemed like 100 small shots of Botox into each of his palms. The only anesthetic used was ice, while very painful; he thought surely it would be worth the dryness. After a few days his hands healed from the shots, the Botox worked but only lasted about 3 months. Clearly this was too short for a treatment that involves so much pain, and cost (insurance coved it once and then never again). Not to mention the fact that Botox is a poison and you are literally injecting yourself with a large quantity of a poison. During this period, we tried tea supplements, vitamins, and other “miracle cures”; unfortunately, none of these worked. Therefore, we purchased an Idromed PS from Markus Binder (https://www.iontodevice.com).

The unit arrived in only a few days considering it was coming from Germany! The Idromed was professionally packaged and included a nice manual with visual illustrations in English on how to operate the machine. The final moment came when my twelve year old sat at the machine. Tears started to run down his face as he began to cry thinking that perhaps this machine would shock him like the Drionic. Yet, when we turned it on, he did not even flinch, he actually laughed and said it tickled. After using this machine twice daily for 15min each both my sons found their sweating subsided in their hands and feet in about 2.5 weeks. It was a miracle! My youngest son loves his dry hands, and feels like a new person having his life back. My older son can now hold girl’s hands and take tests at College without having to worry about his embarrassing sweating. The Idromed 5 PS is a top of the line machine. It is well built and does not require material to be replaced monthly like on the Drionic. We realize that keeping up with once weekly (or monthly, which ever you prefer) maintenance if a lifetime process, for this reason we did not mind paying what we paid for the machine because we know it is effective and will last a lifetime. If anything were to happen are minds are at rest knowing that the machine is covered by the amazing 4-year warranty that includes all the repair fees and postage to and from Germany and immediate support from Markus Binder.
As a parent, I highly recommend the Idromed 5 PS and the seller Markus Binder at https://www.iontodevice.com. If anyone has, any questions please private message me on the forums.

Sincerely,

CM123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: