Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

metal bars in arm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
joom

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: metal bars in arm Reply with quote

Hi, I have a metal bar in my arm from the elbow to the upper arm area due to a previous motorcycle accident. Will this affect my treatment if I want to use the hidrex 1000? Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For metal implants and Iontophoresis you always have to consult your surgeon or doctor.

This post may give you and him an idea to give a quote, or what question you should ask --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/iontophoresis-with-metal-parts-or-implants-t963.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed May 13, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
joom

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: disappointed Reply with quote

I was looking forward to the possibility of using the Hidrex to cure my sweaty palm problem. I emailed a surgeon and asked him and he said he has no experience with iontophoresis and that as far as he knows iontophoresis hasn't worked (of course he would say that because he's a surgeon).

Has anyone tried this with a metal bar/bit in their arm/leg and how does the setup work? I read the link posted above but it seems that it's not certain that it would work, as it is based on physical theory only. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The questions is not if it works, sure it works, of course - but it is contraindicated, and because of this only a doctor can say if it is ok , we are not allowed to do this, we cannot say to you that it is ok, we are absolutley not in the position to do this.

Last edited by support on Wed May 13, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
joom

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please explain to me why it's considered contraindicated? For example, why can't the current flow through the metal bar in the arm? Or is this a question for the doctor too? Thanks
joom

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: current flow Reply with quote

and if I'm treating my hands, would the current necessarily flow up into my arms and through my body into the other arm? sorry, really have no clue how this all works. thx

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current will always take the path of least resistance, this means with metal parts especially when they are in the current path,that the current will go through these metal parts mainly. This can lead to burns at the in or outpoint of the current for example, because there the current is concentrated.

Normally the Iontophoresis current takes its way mainly through the bodys tissues that are well hydrated. .
joom

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thanks for your reply. Did you also have a metal bit somewhere in your body, and still used this therapy? I'm really hoping to get some solid advice from someone who has a similar experience. Thanks a lot!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, sorry!
Maybe there is another user out there who might share his or her experiences with you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist