Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Result in 6 days!

Astrid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Result in 6 days! Reply with quote

I did ETS (palmar) 11 years ago. Now I noticed the sweat coming back, but not dripping (yet), but too uncomfortable to shake hands without becoming more sweaty because it makes me nervous.

Meanwhile my feet were usually dripping of sweat, and even more with hot weather, which makes me feel stressed about it. (I live in hot weather). I bought the Idromed 5 PS. I received it, started the 11th of february and after 6 days of use sweat is gone. I waited 2 days to write this, because I thought that maybe I had some good days.

But really, no sweat in hands and feet. It's so comfortable and such a strange feeling, I would almost say I miss the sweat

Smile

What I did: hands and feet at the same time for 15 minutes every day, I put the machine on 15 and I tried one day on 19, which was too high but I thought that for the feet it would be better. Once I put it on 16. But in general I will try to keep it on 15. I do feel it. It is just a little uncomfortable, maybe I should put it lower. When I take my hands out I feel this 'electric fence' feeling. Maybe its because my hands and skin are soft with not very tough skin. I don't know if that makes a difference in the quick result. Today is day 9, and I have to find out when I can start doing it less. Very Happy
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: "sweat free" report Reply with quote

Dear astrid,
Many thanks first for your "sweat free" report. It is always a pleasure for us and amazing to read those reports, because everyones' treatment is different.
If you feel discomfort ,you should lower the current till you have a good therapy feel. In your case (like in most others) it is very good that you´ve chosen a Pulsed Current iontophoresis device. With a direct current device I would bet you could only stand 3-4 mA max.
Regarding your treatment shedule, you shouldlook inside the closed section and read it, I think it answers all of your questions:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html

What you describe as 'electric fence' feeling at the end of the treatment you are right that very thin skin with high mA settings can cause this. It has nothing to do with the old 'electric fence' the prior machines like idromed 3 had, or others on the market still have. For this slight 'electric fence' effect at the end of the treatment with the idromed there are some routines and tips tips to prevent them inside the board under:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/electric-fence-effect-at-the-end-of-the-treatment-t556.html
with the following content:
We are very sorry for your discomfort, this only occurs in appr. 2% of all idromed users and is based in the startup routine measurement adjustment.
First of all: this is not serious or dangerous for you!

An electric fence' feeling at the end of the treatment can occur if one or several of the described factors are true, but it is mostly in conjunction with a very low body resistance:

- very thin skin
- high mA settings

It has nothing to do with the old 'electric fence' the prior machines like idromed 3 have had, or others on the market still have.

You can prevent this :
- when you pull out the hands before the treatment time runs out (not very paracticable, we know)
- increase the body resistance when putting cream on the hands half an hour before the treatment with e.g. our iontophoresis aftercare www.current-care.info (a good skin care is practicable even with no iontophoresis treatmentsI

If this doesnt work, or you feel uncomfortable with this, we can readjust your device to your personal body resistance, you can measure it with a Volt/Ohms meter (is mostly round 500-1KOhm with a low body resistance), if you have no access to it we adjust it to 750 Ohms which is the most practicable and works best according to our experience.
This we do at no costs for you as our service. Remember: If the device is adjusted to a low resistance you can't use it for other persons, it probably would not work for them So if you want to lend, rent or sell it, it should be readjusted to old levels again.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: