Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex delivered today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
sbm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Hidrex delivered today Reply with quote

First off, thanks for the fast shipping!

As soon as I got home I started with some initial testing by treating hands and feet at different voltages and just for a minute or two to get a feel for it.

1. In the manual it seems like hand treatment is initially set to 20 volts. At this level I did hardly felt anything. I tried again and at 30 volts I could feel a little of that tingeling sensation. Just a little, not much at all really. Do you recommend going to a higher voltage?

2. When trying foot treatment the dive LED was lit as I put my feet in the water, but the voltage did not increase. It seems to stay at 0 volt. Furthermore, a couple of times the display started showing a pattern moving from left to right on the LED after I put my feet in the water (the same pattern as shown when turning the device on). When this happened I experienced a minor electric shock (just a minor one, but still unpleasant). Why is this pattern displayed instead of treatment starting?

3. During initial treatment I have read that the sweating could initially increase. If I start treating my feet, will my hands also start sweating more initially?

4. As this is a pulsing (PC) device with an electric fence protection circuit, can I remove one hand during treatment for operating the device for example?

Thanks!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smb,
1. This is normal with our pulsed current Iontophoresis machines.
We recommend doing it as stated in the manual. Go up with the current till you begin to feel uncomfortable, then reducing the current a bit till you have a perfect feeling.
You have to make sure that you don't the hands, or in this case, the feet inside the trays, because then the device does not start and it gives you the selftest screen.
For the selftest there is a start prevention, the device sets it up with a measure routine for biasing, and this can only be done without having a closed current circle.
To prevent this or even when it is already in selftest, remove the hands/feet and setup the machine new (you can e.g. switch it out).
when doing this. The rest of your question 2. will not cause any problems.
Quote:
It seems to stay at 0 volt. Furthermore, a couple of times the display started showing a pattern moving from left to right on the LED after I put my feet in the water (the same pattern as shown when turning the device on). When this happened I experienced a minor electric shock (just a minor one, but still unpleasant). Why is this pattern displayed instead of treatment starting?

Quote:
If I start treating my feet, will my hands also start sweating more initially?

this is highly variable, but mostly we experience: No.
This is not the normal way, but yes if you want to break up or end the treatment it would be a problem to do it other than this (when treating the hands). For a proper function we recommend to follow the instructions in the manual.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sun May 24, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
sbm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies!

As I am writing this I am now doing my first treatment of my feet. I does not feel uncomfortable at all really. I am at 40 volts now for the feet. I expected it to be painful, but it is not.

I am also glad that I bought one of your machines instead of making one of those do-it-yourself devices. It's really nice to know that the protection circuits are in place, and that the voltage increase and decrease gradually at the start and end of treatment.

As for question 2 it was clearly an operating error from my side. I have not experienced any problems after your answer.

Well, now all I can do is do treatments for a couple of weeks and see if it works.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome

good luck and all the best for your success to end the sweat
Wink

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: