Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Success and traveling with the Idromed

Seattle Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Success and traveling with the Idromed Reply with quote

Like many of you, I'm happy to report significant reduction in hand/feet sweating. Am getting ready to enter maintenance, so will see how I progress through that. While it took me about 28 days to reach the goal, it was worth everyday of it!

Now, has anyone experienced traveling with the kit through security at airports? I live in the U.S. and getting through TSA these days is a nightmare at best. Since this device will be unfamiliar to them, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences that they can share? I'm uncomfortable placing it in checked luggage since it is a costly piece of equipment and I'm afraid it would get stolen or damaged.

Appreciate comments from any travelers that might guide me one way or the other.

Here's to our continued success and dryness!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry, I have travelled so many times abroad, and always carried with me my beloved iontophoresis unit, the only thing I can recommend is to include the users manual, the people who maybe open the suitcase should know that it is a medical thing and not a bomb...

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:22 am; edited 3 times in total
olga

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike

I traveled last week from Colombia to Mexico and I carried it as a hand bag. There are a lot of control because drugs. In RX machine the stainless steelplates called their attention, I just said that it was a medical equipment and everything ok. I passed 10 points of RX at least and people checking out my hand bag, putting out everything but when they saw the case inside the were satisfied listening it was medicalequipment.

Take with you the invoice and the manual.

Good luck!

Olga

Olga
Seattle Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Markus and Olga. Appreciate your input. Great idea to take the manual and invoice along....I shall do that. I, also, called TSA today and spoke with them. As I suspected, they have not heard of the device, but said if it was a medical device and it could be x-rayed then no big deal. I will also take my doctor's prescription along with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: