Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Very happy with results!

tunnicn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Very happy with results! Reply with quote

I've had some pretty severe sweating since early/start about 12 years old (start of high school), at least that's as far back as I can remember it being a problem.
I also had facial blushing through all of early school, which seems to not be so much of an issue in terms of severity and frequency since probably mid-late school.
I lived in a hot climate and school uniforms that often weren't suited to the heat.
I'd sweat enough through my black leather shoes to create white salt patches on the outsides by the end of a school assembly, which obviously ruins the leather and would create pools of sweat in the shoes.
My hands were just as bad and I had to soak my pant legs to stop them dripping big puddles on the ground.
I'd seen various doctors over the years and tried a lot of treatments but none seemed to work well.

About 15-17 years ago I had surgery to remove a section of the sympathetic nerve in my chest/back.
Both surgeries (left + right) were done at different hospitals by different surgeons, and I ended up with much better results on the right side than left.
This helps with reducing wet handshakes, but being left handed this was still an issue for handwriting etc.
The results were very good for my hands and armpits for many years, although never quite perfect, and had increased at some point over time (possibly 5-8 years ago).
I'm in 30s now and have been experiencing increased full body sweating.
Even my hands were an issue again at work, where I can sweat through a disposable coffee cup and cause it to leak.
I wasn't aware of the compensatory sweating until recently but have since realized that is probably what explains my increase in sweating over the past few years.
These days apart from hands and feet my worst sweating is on the backs of my thighs, my forehead, and then all over legs and arms (even calves and forearms) and stomach a bit too.
With lots of showers, better clothing material, etc this is manageable although the backs of my legs can cause issues in long meetings or hot environments.
I've been taking glycopyrrolate for many years now and it has helped a lot despite the annoying side effects.
It's caused many issues like difficulty using contact lenses, dry throat all night often leading to sickness, dry mouth related problems, etc.

I looked into botox, but my insurance won't cover it for Hyperhidrosis and with the limited effects and constant treatments at high cost it was not an option I wanted to invest in.
I tried a drionic years ago, but I never used it much as it wouldn't cover enough areas to be worthwhile.
I also didn't believe it would work as similar methods only resulted in me developing hot prickly sensations on skin and then sweating would break through anyway.
I started to look again online and reading about other techniques.
I was pleasantly surprised to see these new iontophoresis machines were available.
After a few nights of reading I bought a Hidrex PSP 1000.
I shopped around but this site stood out with the incredible support, forum access, additional information, user experiences, and quick responses to my own pre-purchase questions.
I ordered the machine with stainless steel electrodes on a Sunday night, it shipped Monday and arrived Saturday afternoon!

I began treatment on feet immediately and hands the next day.
Here's my treatment log so far:

08-03-13, Red left, Night
Feet 15min 80% 30V

08-04-13, Red right, Morning
Feet 15min 80% 50V
Hands 15min 70% 25V

08-05-13, Red left, Morning
Feet 15min 80% 52V
08-05-13, Red left, Night
Feet 15min 80% 50V
Hands 15min 70% 30V

08-06-13, Red right, Morning
Feet 15min 90% 55V
08-06-13, Red right, Night
Hands 15min 80% 30V

08-07-13, Red left, Night
Feet 15min 90% 55V
Hands 15min 70% 30V

08-08-13, Red right, Night
Feet 15min 90% 55V
Hands 15min 70% 30V

08-09-13, Red left, Night
Feet 15min 90% 55V
Hands 15min 80% 30V

08-10-13
Hands and Feet were dry all day!

08-10-13, Red right, Night
Feet 15min 90% 55V
Hands 15min 80% 33V

08-11-13, Red left, Night
Feet 15min 90% 50V
Hands 15min 80% 30V

08-12-13, Red right, Night
Feet 15min 90% 50V

08-13-13, Red left, Night
Feet 15min 90% 55V

After 6 treatments on hands and 8 on feet I was dry all day and each day after.
I had continued treatments on hands 2 more times and feet 4 more times since achieving dryness as I wanted to see how it goes the first time, and my feet were still a bit wet around ankles and wanted to see if more treatments would help.
My feet had started to have some dry skin that was flaking off around toes so I had lifted them out of water, and my hands soon began to dry out too much between the fingers and had some skin crack off for about a week.
Lotion helped and stopping treatment.

It's been the most amazing feeling to be dry in summertime.
I went for a run and had dry feet (despite my body dripping wet), did weights and had dry gloves.
I usually go through socks so quickly, I wash feet in cold water dry them and put socks on in front of a fan and I'm still soaking through them in no time.
Now I manage to wear 1 pair of socks all day, what a strange way to live!
From user descriptions I was prepared for 1-3 months or more of treatment before seeing results so I was very happy when it just happened early on.
I hadn't read much about the maintenance schedule and was waiting for the sweating to return before continuing (partially just to see how long it may last).
So far I'm still dry on hands and feet, and it's been about 2.5 weeks.
I even stopped taking glycopyrrolate for several days to see if my body would settle down, but the sweating on my face and legs etc was just too much and didn't get any better.
Fortunately a low dose is now all I need to be stable overall.

I did recently read about not delaying the maintenance treatments, so plan to begin some occasional treatments tonight.
I also have been wanting to try out treatments with socks to reduce sweating around ankles/heels, but have had difficulty finding 100% cotton socks (they used to be common what happened to them?!).
Instead I'll probably just use some white cotton socks with 80-90% cotton.
I may even try buying those larger pad electrodes for backs of legs sometime in future.

Anyway just thought I'd share my experience as it's been more effective for treating Hyperhidrosis for me than anything else I've tried.
Very happy overall.

Last edited by tunnicn on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really makes us happy to hear that you've reached good results with the therapy!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! Keep us updated!
Wink

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Agdayem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: ABSOLUTE SATISFACTION Reply with quote

Let me start off by saying that I thought I had no chance in curing my chronic case of hyperhidosis.
I used to sweat from my hands, feet and armpit buckets of sweat. After doing the hidrex for 30 days straight, the sweating gradually dropped to ZERO!

TIP: for maximum effectiveness do all hands, feet and arm at the same time (one after another). I don't know why but it seems to stop the sweat quicker.

THANK YOU HIDREX, YOU SAVED MY LIFE!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy to hear about your results! =)
Keep it up!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: