Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Stainless Steel Electrodes - Discoloration and Tiny Holes

hmchiu

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Stainless Steel Electrodes - Discoloration and Tiny Holes Reply with quote

Hi,

I am posting that I am encountering a similar issue as this poster here: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/stainless-steel-electrodes-t632,highlight,stainless+steel+clean.html

To start, I have the Stainless Steel electrodes for the PSP1000 Hidrex unit.

I have two concerns:

1) For some reason, the red electrode plate is getting a "patina" (or discoloration) on it; while the black electrode plate is still like new. Is there a reason for this? I should note that I have NOT used any stainless steel cleaner on either of the plates. I simply wipe down thoroughly after each use.

2) The red electrode plate has multiple micro holes all throughout. I'm not sure why this is....

Can you please advise on how to get replacement plates? Is this covered under warranty? I purchased my unit around Dec. 2011. Is it possible to exchange for the Aluminum plates instead? Will treatment results be the same?

I am attaching photos of both plates side by side and a close up of the red electrode plate so you can see 1) the patina/discoloration and 2) the micro holes.

I appreciate your help!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Ok, don't worry. Such discolorations are normal. These are much more evident on the red one because the + pole is a little bit stronger than the - pole.
The electrodes are not covered under warranty but if you want, you can easly buy new ones through our online shop under: https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/spare_parts.html
The treatment results with aluminium plates will be the same, but aluminium is not so robust and resistant to dirt and scale as stainless steel.
Also take a look to:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51.html

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
hmchiu

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason I am getting multiple tiny holes in the red electrodes? Do you hear about this situation often?

I would love to re-order a new set of stainless steel plates, but I am worried that the same thing will happen again...

As always, thank you for your help!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not often.
Sometimes there is a problem when the surface of the stainless steel is attacked, mostly by aggressive water or skin ingredients like salt. In these cases the surface can lose in "points" its' stainless property and you will see them as you described it. You can do something against it: you can go to a company that works with stainless steel and there you can let them do a acid cleaning, this will restore the issue of the "pimples" or micro holes.
That it is only on one side of the electrode is a sign that the "ingredient" wich caused this problem is a poled one.
If it is an optical problem for you we recommend exchanging them and using other water, also when you don't sweat as an effect of Iontophoresis there will be less salt in the water too.

As far as I can see from the photos you've sent, this is normal and will happen again as long as the ingredient, causing the patina is in the water.

When you change the cables and place with this method the poles to the opposite, the other electrode will get the same optical changes.

I would say: clean them frequently (for this stainless steel is perfect).

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist