Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

SEVERE hyperidrosis cured

jh_94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: SEVERE hyperidrosis cured Reply with quote

I'll begin this review by describing my hyperidrosis before I began my treatment with the PSP-1000:

I am told that I was born with hyperhidrosis. My sweating was not localised; I would sweat SEVERELY on my hands and feet (including fingers and toes), face, back, axillia, and (embarrassingly enough) my buttocks. The severity of my condition only worsened with each passing year. Sweat from my hands would literally drip down my arm, and my undergarments would be drenched, as well as my pants, shirt and shoes. As anyone with hyperhidrosis knows, it causes emotional distress, lethargia and anxiety. So you can imagine that for me it was much, much worse.

My social peers often compliment me on my looks, and so were often curious as to why I constantly declined invitations to any social events, or those involving any social interaction. Handshakes were literally impossible, so I was often mistaken for being arrogant and conceited. I lacked body odour, so to cover my embarrassment I would wear extra layers of dark-coloured jumpers or jackets to cover my wet shirts, even on hot summer days. Study during my highschool years was extremely difficult as I would end up with crumpled smudged wet notebooks; I would often have to write using disposable latex gloves, and I would often skip school simply because I was sweating too much. The only time I would notice dry skin would be during my sleep, but my sweating would come back aggressively the instant I woke. In one instance, I caused water damage to my iPhone within a day of purchasing it because the sweat from my hands had leaked into the crevices of the phone. By my 18th birthday (earlier this year), my social life had become almost non-existant, and my depression, anxiety, and lethargia had taken over.

Throughout the years I visited several dermatologists and general practitioners who would tell me that other than anti-perspirant (which was less that useless for me), there were no other treatments available. Out of desperation I turned to the internet, which was initially not much help either, until I accidentally came across iontophoresis. I first made a homemade device which burnt and scarred my hands, and I continued to damage them without any results. Although Hidrex and Idromed had several lengthy reviews about success, I was still not convinced as I believed my condition to be clinically worse than others. But I took a leap of faith and purchased the seemingly expensive PSP-1000 machine. I now realize that for $1000AUD it is a life-changing bargain... I would have gladly sold my car for this device!

When I received the PSP-1000, I disregarded all the recommended settings and set the device on maximum voltage (60) for 60 minutes. It was painful but out of desperation I stuck with the treatments. 60v for 60minutes on direct current, once (sometimes twice) a day, for 13 days and the sweat on my palms and fingertips had ceased completely. My hands were cracked and dry but hand lotion really does wonders (and it was my first time using hand lotion ever). More importantly, my hands had never been cracked and dry before. It was the happiest I had felt in a very long time! I achieved completely dry feet 2 treatments later.

Of course, I DO NOT recommend that anyone do what I did... the listed doses on the manual is apparently enough for most people. I now use 40-50v on 90% pulsed current for 20 minutes once every 2-3 days, and it maintains my COMPLETE dryness. I have also observed that with dry palms, feet and axillia I also have less anxiety, which I believe exacerbated my hyperhidrosis previous to beginning treatment, and therefore I sweat less or NONE on other regions of my body.

I am studying abroad beginning next year. The Hidrex iontophoresis machine has given me not only dry skin, but confidence and general happiness. I can now look optimistically towards the future, and you can't put a price on that.

My sincerest gratitude to the Hidrex team for supplying the world with these machines. I never believed in miracles until now! Smile

P.S. : Last night I used the Hidrex PSP-1000 machine for a quick 20 minute treatment, and afterwards when I pulled out the red (positive) cable from the machine, the entire port fell out with it. I do not believe there was any damage to the interior wires, as "Dive" sensors seems functional and the currents seem to flow regardless, although the positive + current seems to be noticeably weaker than the negative - current. I do not think I myself caused this to happen, but in the future if the machine is in need of repair, can I simply contact the Hidrex department? How can I confirm if the machine is still in perfect working order?
jh_94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SEVERE hyperidrosis cured Reply with quote

My apologies, I did not create an account before I posted this review. I am a user of the Hidrex PSP-1000, which I purchased on 3/7/2012. Smile

I should also note that I added salt to the tap water that I used, and had also covered my hands with clinical anti-perspirant (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) to the extent that I could. The anti-perspirant by itself is worthless... Razz
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear jh ,
Many thanks for your outstanding post.As to the antiperspirant you use with Ionto we would mention this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/dehydral-cream-iontophoresis-t491.html

Normally Iontophoresis works without the use of drugs or additionals like antiperspirants.

Regarding the salt: salt can prevent a success, and it does not have any positive impact on Iontophoresis that cannot be done by baking soda, and there is only 1 case in which you should add something to the water and this is :
this

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 am; edited 3 times in total
jh_94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile I'l keep that in mind.

As to my other inquiry, about the loose port, will it be a problem? I hope there is no damage to my device...
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops ,good that you remembered ! We are out of the office, it is too late in Germany, but we will send you someting (a document) in short (tomorrow) to solve this issue. We had some machines (50 machines) in a series of 250,that had ports that were too large(this problem is now solved completely. It was caused because they simply drilled the holes that fit the connectors in the Iontophoresis machine surroundings a bit too big. I think there are still some out there, about 10 which we haven't exchanged yet). We could do an exchange if you want or, there is a simple routine to prevent problems and there is also a do it yourself fix-it routine. We are sorry that you are one of the ones who got one of these machines.

Last edited by support on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 am; edited 4 times in total
jh_94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. However the "looseness" of the ports is manageable; I just have to be more careful when removing the cables. I just wanted to make sure my device wasn't damaged in some way, incase the interior wires were pulled.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No and if it was - it would still be completely under warrantee.

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:22 am; edited 3 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just send you an email with the instructions regarding the loose port.

Last edited by support on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jh_94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received Smile Thank you again once more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: