iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

polarity question for iontophoresis

Mastodon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markus! I'll be posting a success story very soon, i have not forgot, but i need to clear something up first:

It is true that you recieve a stronger effect from the positive pole, correct? So normaly I would switch the polarity every 4 or five sessions whether treating my hands or feet to balance out the effectiveness. But recently i've noticed that the negative pole (which is going to my left hand) is drying out my left hand much more than the positive pole is drying out my right hand, which is odd because the negative pole is supposed to be weaker. As it stands now, both are fairly dry but my right hand is always a little sweatier even though i've stopped switching polarities and now I just keep the negative on the left and postive on the right because I keep thinking that the positive pole being stronger, it should make my right hand dryer but that doesn't "seem" to be the case. It just seems like the negative pole is more effective. I'm confused by this and was wondering what your take on this is. Could it be that my right hand just sweats more? And maybe I should just continue on and not bother to switch the polarity ever again.

Aside from my hands, my feet are drying up nicely, i don't really notice a difference between them, they are both evenly dry now and lately I keep the polarity the same for the feet too, negative on the left, positive on the right.

So any recommendations on my situation?

Thanks again Markus, your product is slowly changing my life, I'm so glad I stuck with it!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that you recieve a stronger effect from the positive pole, correct?

Yes it is .

For your right hand, you maybe have to do the treatment a bit longer or more often, than you are doing now.

How high is the mA for hands/feet?

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mastodon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hands 23 feet 25

How do you mean do my right hand longer? Can I just do one hand at a time?

I already do it for an hour for hands, anything more would seem like too much an too hard on the skin. Another thing I should mention is the left hand is getting some irritation like small blisters or cracks here and there which i must use nivea for where as the right hand is not irritated at all. I swear the negative pole is stronger on my machine because I can feel the current much more in my left hand while doing treatment. I guess i could drop the mA down and do for another hour but I've slowly found that for me the higher the mA the better success as long as I increase very gradually. I am still puzzled by this. Currently I treat about 3 times a week but not more because I give some time for my skin on the left hand to heal.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can follow the routine: more time, more current, more frequent leads to a higher success... with the exceptions: not higher than you feel pain and the only as long as the skin is in a perfect condition.

A lot users keep on trying for longer, sometimes it is hard to figure out a perfect Iontophoresis treatment shedule.
If you have cracks on the left hand it is not surpising that you feel the current there more.

The - electrode has stronger side effects (irritation of the skin)
the + pole is stroger for the sweat reduction effect.

Use a good urea cream for the skin like Current Care.
Also, for some it is better to treat everyday 30 min, as with a 1 day break doing a full hour every second day , but this you have to determine by trial.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist