Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Idromed 5PC power supply

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Idromed 5PC power supply Reply with quote

We have an issue using the Idromed 5PC with the power supply you provided as it runs only on 220VAC and 50Hz. Do you have any advice on what I need to do?
We are in the USA.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're really sorry, but you need a step up converter to run the device in the USA! Unfortunately we overlooked the fact that that you didn't order a step up (which costs 20.00$), so we only delivered the device. You could order it through our online shop.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri May 10, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this is very annoying, my son is really wanting to get started and use the machine…and to be honest, I’m very surprised you don’t use an auto-ranging power supply that can operate on 110-240V circuits.

Rather than buying a step-up transformer to convert our 110V to 220V and then plug the power supply you provided to step it back down to 24V – this seems very inefficient. Why can’t I just purchase a power supply here in the USA that operates on 110V and puts out the needed voltage/current for the iontophoresis machine? So what I need to know are the specifications I need to look for in the power supply?

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved – the machine is not useable right now.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again sorry!

You have to buy such type of step-up converter because of the galvanic separation, which is necessary for medical machines. Please note that only with a fully galvanic isolation,can the highest level of protection against all kinds of distortions be secured! Furthermore we can maintain the guarantee for the whole device only if you use the machine with our step-up converter. (This is a 45 W step-up plug-in voltage converter for european appliances used in North America which convert 110 V to 230 V)

That´s why you can’t just purchase a power supply in the USA that operates on 110V and puts out the needed voltage/current for the iontophoresis machine.

(However, while we ship you our step-up transformer, you can temporarily use another one).

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist