Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hyperhidrosis relief with Idromed PC

Inceptionist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Hyperhidrosis relief with Idromed PC Reply with quote

I have achieved significant amount of sweat reduction in my palms following tap water iontophoresis using the Idromed 5 PC. Being a Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis sufferer since childhood I tried the Iontophoresis as the last resort, with very little hope for success but Iontophoresis turned out to be the best amongst the currently available treatment options for Hyperhidrosis.

My regime was as follows: 16mA and the duration was 30min daily for a total of 15 treatments during last 22 days. I switched polarity every 3rd treatment. The tingling sensation starts at 3mA and gradually increases but fortunately I could stand higher current without pain or burns. Most notifiable effect is that the 'onset' of sweating is delayed now. Trivial triggering factors which caused sweaty hands earlier like driving is a whole lot easier now. It takes a hot and humid environment to trigger the sweating and even that is tolerable.

My initial treatment at 12mA 15min each day continuously for 15 days did not produce any positive effect. My tips for others who has not achieved a reasonable outcome.

After re adjusting the treatment schedule I wish to say that I've achieved great results with Iontophoresis in controlling palmar hyperhidrosis. Initially with my treatment I didn't notice any significant change in the sweating. Then after sending an email and obtaining your opinion I restarted the therapy. Now I'm very happy to say that my hands are 70-80% dry. And that's a huge success to me especially because the 'onset' of sweating is delayed now. Earlier trivial activities like starting to drive the car triggers the sweating but now it takes a hot humid environment for me to start the sweating. What's more important is that a dry hand boosts up the confidence level and that makes life a whole lot easier than it used to be. Hope that with continuing treatment I'll see better results because once sweating is triggered I notice a large area of my palms still sweat, including the fingers.
Maintenance therapy of course is difficult to comment upon and the interval between treatment should be based on individual success. I've decided to do every other day treatment for another 3 weeks or so and lengthen the interval depending on the response.
Many many thanks to the Iontophoresis team - because without confining yourselves as sellers, you all gave an excellent support throughout - without which I would not have been motivated in trying out this therapy. I'll make certain that I recommend this device to people with the same condition.

I'll keep updating the results.

Thank you once again.
Best regards

P.S.: Please feel free to ask any questions and I'm happy to contribute as much as I can...
The support given to me by the Iontophoresis-device staff was excellent throughout and has to be acknowledged with a big thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: