Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex PS500

dell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Hidrex PS500 Reply with quote

I bought a Hidrex PS 500 and have been using it for about 5 weeks now to treat hyperhidrosis of my hands and feet.

I started treating my hands and feet together at 20V using pulsed current (the Hidrex uses volts when referring to treatment level). For the first week I did 15 minute treatments every second day as instructed in the manual. Upon reading some posts on this forum I started daily treatments in the second week. After a number of sessions I became accustomed to the tingling sensation so I tried using direct current and found it to be quite tolerable. I continued daily treatments using direct current and increased the voltage to 25V. About a week later the sweating on my hands increased significantly. In situations where they would normally be just damp they were now dripping. However after a total of 12 consecutive daily treatments the palms of my hands and my feet stopped sweating. My finger tips still got damp and the back of my hands still continued to sweat but I was pretty happy with the results. Although only the palms of my hands were completely dry it was still a much better situation than how my hands used to be. I started to do maintenance treatments every second day with good results.

About a week ago I decided to treat the whole of my hands by wearing cotton gloves during treatment. This has not gone too well as now the back of my hands are dry but my palms and fingers are starting to sweat again. I am now going back to daily treatments without wearing gloves and also doing additional treatments wearing gloves. Hopefully I will achieve completely dry hands this way. I'll update this thread as things progress.
dell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on my situation, I seem to have achieved dryness on about 90% of my hands. The only part still sweating is the webbing between my thumb and first finger. I increased the voltage and duration to 30V and 25 minutes which seemed to do the trick. However I havent been in any really high stress situations lately so I cant say if the sweating is 100% gone. Still it is certainly is 100 times better than how my hands used to be!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: