Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex PC (PS 500) vs. Drionic

eman848

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Hidrex PC (PS 500) vs. Drionic Reply with quote

Hello all

I just wanted to share my story. Like many on this site, hand sweating started for me around puberty. I also sweat on my feet too, but this doesn't bother me as much. I often sweat when I do not feel anxious, such as when I am alone in my room and it's warm. Anxiety, of course, makes it worse, and the sweating has improved over the years with therapy, meditation, yoga, diet, and exercise. But I can only do so much of that, and I still sweat in certain situations to the point where I feel it's beyond my control.

The main problem is the anxiety about shaking hands with other people. I would constantly worry about having to shake hands with others. When I was in class in school I would smear the pages of books and when I took notes. I am also a guitarist, and I hated sweating when I played guitar because it made playing more difficult and I would rust strings quickly.

In college, I tried a prescription deodorant that I put on my hands while I slept at night, as well as pills that were supposed to help with sweating, although I can't remember the name of these drugs. The bottom line is they did not work. I eventually came upon drionic. I did hour-long, full-power treatments daily for I think 6 weeks, and finally the sweating stopped. This was a great feeling. However, the batteries are expensive and need to be replaced often, and the unit is not well-made and had to buy a second hand bath to replace the one with water damage. The treatments were also more painful, and I got blisters on my hands. Also, in order to maintain treatment I would have to do it maybe 3 times a week, but it was such a hassle I often missed treatments and my hands would begin sweating again.

Nonetheless, I continued using drionic for years, until I started to change my lifestyle from drinking alcohol and eating bad food to eating healthy, doing yoga, and drinking less. This did help the sweating and I stopped the drionic cause it was such a pain. But the sweating did not go away.

It wasn't until recently that I started getting more gigs playing guitar, and got an offer to play in a cover band this summer playing outside in a theme park. I live in los angeles, and in the summer the park gets really hot, and I was tired of the sweating and didn't want to deal with the anxiety of sweating. I considered the ETS surgery and botox, but it just seemed to drastic and expensive.

I started researching online about different iontophoresis machines, and the PS 500 seemed what I was looking for. I have been using it for about a month, with 2 weekends during which I left town and could not use it, but it is MUCH better than the drionic machine and has worked great. I am almost at 100% dryness, and I started with 15 minute treatments but went up to 30 minutes. I crank the voltage up all the way, but it seems to max out at 35. I use the pulsating current and have not had any pain or blisters. Not having to worry about batteries is also a huge plus. I am very happy with the device, and while the unit is not cheap, it is definitely worth the extra money over the drionic, especially with the cost of batteries with the drionic.
Markus has provided great customer service to me. One of the hand baths I recieved cracked in shipping and I could not repair it, so Markus sent me another one for free. I would recommend this unit to others. Thank you so much Markus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: