Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex dc vs pc

lorie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Hidrex dc vs pc Reply with quote

I have already posted my stories on here but was suggested to post my success comparison. Let me start by saying again im an extreme case of hyperhydrosis! After ets fixed my hands & armpits in 2004 I despretly searched for a cure for my truely unbielevable sweaty feet. I was to the point I hated even getting out of bed because I knew the struggles of changing socks,wearing tennis shoes in hot summer & trying to avoid dressing up because I could never wear dress shoes.

To get to the comparision I first bought the hidrex dc in 2010. I purchased the cheapest machine because I thought it would be a waste of money. Well, after 3 and a half long weeks of treating everyday for 15 min at around 20 volts one day I woke up & my feet were completly dry. I then did treatment for 15 min about 5xs a week,6 in hot season. Then moved up to 20min a day at 29volts.(it takes trial and error to figure out what treatment works for you) After about a year and half I asked advice and ended up trading my dc for the hidrexpc 1000 because treatment was very painful with dc model.
After having the new machine a month I learned my best treatment is 80% at 37 volts and a lot of times the machine will drop to 35 before my session is over.
so, I would say the pc is a definate choice for me,its less painful & I can reach higher volts which decrease my trestment days.

Hidrex dc treatment:20 min at 29 volts 4 to 5 times a week
Hidrex pc treatment:15 min at 37 volts 3 times a week
This gives me about the same results
I do have some slight sweating on balls of my feet.
And I use thin socks with the balls of feet cut out & the heel cut out..that is to treat upper part of feet since you cannot put to much water in trays or it will decrease success.

I hope this help some Hyperhidrosis sufferers out there & if anyone has ?s feel free to post I check this sight regularly!

Daily praying for a cure
Lorie, from va usa

Last edited by lorie on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post and that you compared both models. we always recommend to take a pc model because of the possibility of using higher currents. This leads mostly to less iontophoresis treatments and shorter treatment times, less current feel and side effects.

Aso,if you have had a "iontophoresis success level" of 30 Volts you could have no success at all when treating with 29 volts

It is important to break the personal (and this can vary individually - in example for the Hidrex PSP 1000 - from 0,1 to 60 Volts), when you are under this level you could treat until the end of time without having success.

One gets relief from a 1,5 volt battery: he throws the battery in a bin with water...
The other one needs a medical device for home use which allows a therapy without the need of permanent medical supervision (if you get a real powerful iontophoresis machine, for example one of our mains plugged iontophoresis devices), and in spite of this this he does not get relief from sweating - but this is luckily a rare case.

However,in general we can state:
the more current you can stand (without having any pain or skin irritation):
1) the more probability of success
2) the less personal ionto factor (time x dosis a week) is needed to reach the wished dryness level

Hope you get the rest dry too, mostly you can use higher levels of current by and by after the skin gets more and more used to the current.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
lorie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a litle confused after reading your post. So,am I doing the right treatment levels or do I need to adjust?
thank you
lorie
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the most reasons for a readjustment are like this (and it is a good idea to readjust iontophoresis setup if one of the following is true)

- there is no sweat reduction
- the sweat reduction you have is not enough
- you loosed your sweat free effect of iontophoresis
- some parts sweat still / again / are too dry (with too dry upper skin)
- the current hurts
- the skin is too dry (overtherapy)
- the upper skin is too dry and has cracks
- the skin is damadged
- the current is not noticeable and there are no problems along with the skin or feeling, in this case there is nothing against to increase the current by and by till you have a slight current sensation

however, dear lorie, can you please explain what you have not understood correct in the post above, maybe we can clear this...

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: