Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Finally relieved off my sweaty palms!!

mel5582

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Finally relieved off my sweaty palms!! Reply with quote

I'm turning 30 this year and was having palmar hyperhidrosis for as long as I could remember. Initially, it wasn't much of a problem as I was working in an office cube, not having to meet new people or shake their hands.. It soon turned out the opposite when I took up a new job and meeting people was a concern.

I've tried different methods ranging from anti-perspirants, alcohol wipes and even Chinese medicine.. All to no avail, and I was down to either Botox or ETS. I have a doctor friend that recommended some other sprays and roll-ons but those didn't work either. I was getting desperate, upset and didn't know what to do then, I remembered coming across the term "iontophoresis" a couple of years ago (which back then, I wouldn't consider one due to the price, and the nature of my job), and decided to read more about it. Since I'm from Malaysia, such devices are not readily available and it would cost a lot even if I were to buy from a local medical supplier.

Then I came across this website and managed to read more about iontophoresis and the devices that MIGHT solve my problematic sweaty hands and change my life once and for all. Being in Malaysia, it was risky to have such an important device shipped over but I took my chances.. I bought the Hidrex PSP1000 and it only took about 7 days to reach Malaysian customs and I personally went over to have it cleared rather than waiting and did my first session on the same day.

Initially, I tried the default settings on 90 pulsed settings with 20 volts at 15 mins. After 2 sessions, I increased it to 20 mins with the same voltage. I didn't change polarity till a week later and guess what, I have dry hands (except the tip of my index fingers and thumbs). I know for sure, if I continue doing this on a daily basis, I will have proper dry hands entirely in no time!

All I can say is, it was every penny well spent and it solved my problem within days (I received the device on April 17th and I got my 95% dry hands yesterday which was the 26th). Thanks again!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: relieve for sweaty palms Reply with quote

Dear Mel, many thanks for your post, we are glad that you found relief for your sweaty palms so fast ...

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:08 am; edited 3 times in total
mel5582

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, since now I have achieved 100% dryness to my palms.. can I just do like 20 min sessions of 50% pulsed rate @ 20 volts daily as maintenance treatments?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would suggest to figure it out like this (via the Iontophoresis magic number) https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html

Last edited by support on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mel5582

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just say I do not want to take any risks in finding my magic number, but continue to do daily treatments at a lower pulsed rating.. will it work, and will I be able to maintain my dryness?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no risk at all, as far as I see .The schedule that leads you back to sweating is the sign that you have to go back to the last working shedule.
For this you always have to find your magic number, also the magic number can differ from time to time (one time you need more, the other less) it is always a balance between too dry hands and too sweaty hands.
Always!

This can't be prevented, but I am sure when you do it as described you will not risk a too long "sweating comes back slightly". I could not say do it once or twice a week, I am not a doctor, so any recomendation can lead you to too dry hands with cracked skin or back to sweating.
What I can say is that with the right skin care (e.g. Current Care) it is possible to overtherapy a bit (so that the hands would be too dry without the skin care), but the goal is I would say:
to

figure out what are the shortest Iontophoresis treatment times possible

if you have the goal to never lose the sweat free effect, there is no other way than to do more than needed (this I would not recommend, this surely would be more counter productive than finding the magic number).

If someone does too much, then he is in an overtherapy situation . The Hidrex machine recognizes this in most cases and it will reduce the current in the back automatically , so you will not gain anything by doing too much with the Hidrex. The Idromed does not have this function, but then you risk having too dry hands you will get cracks and this is contraindicated. If there are many cracks and if they are deep or serious and can 't be covered, then you have to pause until the skin is ok again. Then I would bet that you will have really sweaty hands again because they will surely sweat like before.

Normally after getting routine and experience with Iontophoresis and your body, the users have it "in their feel" and they do not lose the sweat reduction.

I know it is hard and no one wants to return to having heavy sweating hands after he has gotten the feel of how it life is without sweating.

As to your queston:
Quote:
Let's just say I do not want to take any risks in finding my magic number, but continue to do daily treatments at a lower pulsed rating.. will it work, and will I be able to maintain my dryness?

If we say this: the level of dryness is a product of current time and frequency I canĀ“t see the advantage in treatment every day vs. pauses. In both cases you may return to sweating (or not), this you have to figure out.
No one can say if a lower voltage will bring your wished reaction. If you fall under the Iontophroesis current level that you need to get dry it is a bad idea to reduce the current under this border - the hands will maybe start to sweat again - if it is over this border you can reduce the current without loosing the sweat reduction, but you maybe have to increase the treatment time or frequency instead if the sweating should come back.
Remember: current strength x treatment time x treatment frequency = dryness level .

Also for this, you have to figure out for yourself. I am not a fortune teller and can not say how your body will react if you do that or this or change that or this. All I can offer is to guide you with basics and facts in conjunction with Iontophoresis.This should enable you in the end to setup your own personal treatment shedule (and the best would be that it is a perfect one with lowest treatment times).... or am I wrong ?

Ok what I could say is this: if you stop the treatments you will surely begin to sweat again like before. And if I could then maybe play the fortune teller with my experience I would surely say: lowering the current 50% will lead you to a 30% longer treatment with the same effect (and I could rate this with a possibility of over 50%). But who am I to state such things that can be true or false - and what if it is not and you are in the other 50% range, would you not say: this man told me complete nonsense that led me the directly back to sweating, no matter at what percentage rate? So I think it is better to hold on the guidelines, what do you think?

Last edited by support on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:01 am; edited 9 times in total
Sarah_Mc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Please grant me access to the link below. Reply with quote

support wrote:
we would suggest to figure it out like this (via the iontophoresis magic number) https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html

I had my first treatment with the hidrex psp1000 yesterday. I am strating with the default settings first. After my first treatment, i have two cuts on my left hand (pinky and thumb). I will use vasolene today on those two areas, but I'd like to see what the magic number stuff is so I can figure out a maintenance plan once I've achieved dryness.

I can't get to any of the links in these forums and I'm blocked from some of the forums completely. Could I please get whateve access is needed? Thanks!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have access, the magic number is described in the link above and can be used as a guide WHEN you have achieved 100% dryness, it is simply the count of days for the initial therapy phase X a certain factor.

Last edited by support on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sarah_Mc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks I am now on maintenance!! Reply with quote

I achieved 100% dryness on my hands after day 10. I started a the default 15 minutes, at 90 pulse rate and 20 mA. I ended up increasing it to 15 minutes, at 90 pulse and 25 mA. I have been dry for 5 days now and it's amazing! I keep thinking they are going to start sweating! lol I am swtiching to the maintenance schedule today. Magic number is 15 so I will begin the every other day starting today with my break day.

My feet have been dry too and i only did 4 consecutive sessions! I am soooo happy!

Thank you! Very Happy
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Great!!
Keep us updated!

Missy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also trying to gain access to the magic number link, but am unable to.
Can you please grant me this access, thank you
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear customer,

There is no order in our database system made with your e-mail adress. So for now, we have to deny your request to have access to the closed section of our forum.
If you ordered through one of our shops, then please let us know the invoice number or the serial number of the machine you recieved. As soon as we can verify this, we can give you access to the closed section.
Read more here on how to sign up for the priority support.

Kind regards,

Last edited by support on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Missy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I ordered through the direct Hidrex website, not sure if this is one of your shops?

Machine: Hidrex psp 1000
My invoice number: 0001199
Serial Number: 12-3.41076
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear customer,

There is no order in our database system made with your e-mail adress and the invoice number did not come up in our system either.
So for now, we have to deny your request to have access to the closed section of our forum.
Kind regards,

We are reachable from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontodevice.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: