Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Just Arrived

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
trustyd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Just Arrived Reply with quote

Hey I'm 23 and I've suffered severe Hyperhidrosis my whole life, since a baby. feet always soaked and hands hot and sweaty or cold and wet, except for at night. I discovered iontophoresis treatment about a year ago on the net and have been using a homade device starting at 18Volts and going to 36Volts with lots of baking soda. results were encouraging but not sufficiant. fingertips still sweated and part of palms, and more sweat would come when in social settings and in hot wheather. I want complete dryness and I hope this machine will be strong enough. I will keep you posted with my results. I'm picking up with the Idromed 5 PC where I left off using my homeade device so my hands are already considerably dry compared to usual but i will let you know if the Idomed will improve the state of dryness. My second treatment tonight and on max 25ma setting with baking soda (I'm used to the pain). Peace
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: holidays Reply with quote

Regarding your homemade iontophoresis device: it runs with batteries with a fixed voltage, so the mA (or current) must be increased to a dangerous level, which can become painful and have less success rates. This is the problem with almost all homemade iontophoresis devices. You can't add batteries till you have 60 or 72 volts, which would imply 5 or 6 car batteries in a row.

The volts is the current let out of the walls plug, it is transformed internally to a smooth and stable pulsed current, not the ugly direct one out of a homemade device.

For the addition of baking soda concerning iontophoresis therapy I will send you a PM.

Sorry for the late answer, I am on family holidays at the moment.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
trustyd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I'm half way into my third week. I have complete dryness of hands from evening till morning, but during the day my hands will sweat mainly on the pinky finger side of my palms and work its way into the center; the thumb side is always dry. feet are the same but good enough for me. its the hands that i really care about. I want complete dryness so im going to add baking soda and see if it gets me dry. I'm currently doing hands for one hour with positive ternminal on my right hand for obvious reasons. I hope it works.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try it the normal way at least wait another week, wait and see....

Last edited by support on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:12 am; edited 4 times in total
trustyd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll do another week without baking soda and then report the progress.
William

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Baking soda Reply with quote

What is the stance with baking soda, add it or not? Also do most people experience a complete cessation of sweating even where certain touches cause hand sweat, such as holding hands?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We suggest adding nothing to the water until you experience problems reaching the maximum current of an Iontophoresis machine,that is if you can stand more current

With Iontophoresis you should achieve dryness in all kinds of situations, if you are stressed or in sports, the goal is to have a life where you do not sweat more than the average person sweats.

Last edited by support on Mon May 11, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
William

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

How long should I iontophires until I switch up a variable as in add a different water, baking soda, ect. 3 to 4 weeks?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will guide you

Last edited by support on Mon May 11, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
William

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

Ok I have done two weeks of 30min a day 15 each polarity, using a home made 24 volt device. I just started using evian water two days ago so am only on 3 sessions with that. Hands have been pretty dry but still sweat, recently more so on fingertips, might be because I used drysol two days ago. Should I only use ionotophoresis now to try to get the results I want or just do that and drysol?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We canĀ“t tell you to do that or do this, sorry, we just want to mention that using an antiperspirant with Aluminium Chloride may be harmful, so we cannot recommend to using this together with Iontophoresis.

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/dehydral-cream-iontophoresis-t491.html

For Iontophoresis: maybe you cannot exceed your presonal sweat relief breakpoint

https://www.iontodevice.com/about_iontophoresis.htm

We also cannot receommend using a homebuild Iontophoresis machine. Iontophoresis machines are medical equipment! Would you also build your own pacemakers just because cause they seem to be too expensive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist