Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Idromed 5 PS for over a year with great success

ronen

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Idromed 5 PS for over a year with great success Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been using the Idromed 5 PS for over a year with great success, I now do only maintenance treatments every 10 days or so.
I'm relocating from Israel to California very soon, and I have 2 concerns:

1) airport security (I imagine it might look like a you know what...)
2) I will probably need an electrical convertor for my unit since I'm using the european version and moving to the U.S

Please advise on how to deal the situation.

Thanks,
Ronen

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronen!

Concerning airport security measures you shouldn't have any problem getting your device through the airport. Pleae take a look to following link:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/travelling-by-airplane-with-idromed-t100,highlight,airplane+aeroplane.html
Yes, in the US you will need a step up convertor. You can easly purchase one through our online shop:
https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/step-up-transformator-110-to-240-v.html
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Kind regards Wink

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
ronen

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply

Can I buy a convertor in any shop in the U.S or must I use your convertor?

Thanks,
Ronen
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ronen,

you can buy a convertor in the US, but please don`t do that, in this case. We canĀ“t maintain the guarantuee for the device in the case of a false current, so we would recommend using the ones we offer.

Regards,

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am; edited 3 times in total
ronen

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, then i'll order the converter from your store Smile
Seattle Mike

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Success after 1 year and traveling with the device! Reply with quote

First, I've had incredible success after 1 year and 2 months using the device. It did take time, so be patient. Markus is right -- you have to experiment with how often and how much time is needed for your specific condition. It isn't a "one size fits all" gig. I was a heavy sweater. I mean hands were like wet, wet, wet constantly. I'm doing hands for 30 minutes at 16 mA and feet for 30 minutes at 25 mA. I can go 3 days now between treatments. I'm paranoid to go longer, so that's the ONLY reason I haven't pushed the treatments out further. Hang in there, this device really does work.

As for traveling, Ronen. I live in the U.S. and Markus is right...you won't have any major issues. The device was questioned and examined in a couple of airports (Honolulu and a small airport in Oregon). Otherwise, it has breezed through security and I've flown with it multiple times. I understand your concern, but I think you'll be fine. In the U.S. this device requires a doctor's prescription, so I just carry it with me inside the device. Security has never looked at the prescription, though.

Good luck and weclome to California!
ronen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike

I put in my luggage and had it marked fragile. came out safe and sound Smile
About the transformer, I will order it from your store but until it gets here I bought a transformer at Radio Shack, but it says that it doesn't work with direct current.
I have an idromed PS, does that mean I won't be able to use my temporary transformer?
ronen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at my unit's power adapter, it says AC/AC adapter, so I think it should work with the temporary U.S to Europian converter.

However, I saw that the converter outputs 60Hz frequency but the unit's adapter takes in 50Hz, is that a problem?
markus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No this is not a problem, because the mains plug of the device will transform it down to 24 Volts direct current and the iontophoresis machine itselfs pulls this up to 72 Volt direct current again. Sorry for the long response time, but we haven't seen this post. We have now a automatic response system where we get mails for every new post and reply, so in the future we will not fail to reply to a post (only if it lands in the maill program filter for some reason)
This is my private account, and it is not scanned frequently, for this long waiting times till a reply are natural... for fast & direct contact, send a "private message" to the user "support", i will get notice and can take care immediate ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: