Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Another Success Story from a Skeptic

custom56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Another Success Story from a Skeptic Reply with quote

Hello hello all. I am a 40 year old male living in Canada who has been suffering from palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis since I was a little kid. As any of you know, this is a very bad condition since it impacts so many aspects of your life and we learn to compensate and/or hide this from others with our “little tricks”.

My hyperhidrosis was really bad - I could see beads of sweat on my palms or feet and sweat would literally run down my arms if I held up my hands or drip onto a table when I was eating something warm like a bowl of soup or noodles. Eating soup or noodles at a restaurant would see me go through close to a dozen napkins just to dry my hands. I would even sweat if it was cold out - my snowboarding gloves and boots would be soaked with sweat even though it was freezing out. In the tropics, it was even worse, when I would leave palm prints on my clothes if I wasn’t being careful. I play a lot of tennis (4-5 times a week for hours at a time) and because of the sweat in my palms I have thrown and broken tennis racquets. As a result, I wear a glove to play which is quite odd and embarrassing.

When it was hot, when I was in uncomfortable or exciting situations, when I was nervous, when I was doing sports, or when meeting new people, or doing sales calls, I would sweat. Day or night, hot or cold. The worse situations would be when I would attend an event like speed dating. Try meeting 20 new ladies in one night and having hyperhidrosis - not the funnest thing in the world.

As you can see my hands and feet would sweat quite a bit of the time.

It was a condition that I was quietly resigned to suffer through for my whole life. I have had wonderful long term relationships where my partners have never been anything but supportive. I have started and grown a successful business. I am very active socially. However, the hyperhidrosis is always there and it makes doing a lot of things less fun.

I am in a career transition now and nothing brings on the sweating than something like a job interview. As a result, a few months ago, I called a few clinics that did Botox injections for my hyperhidrosis - I really wanted to be able to walk in an interview and confidently shake someones hand and not worry about my condition during the interview. However, Botox was not guaranteed, was expensive, and lasted no more than 6-8 months.

By sheer dumb luck, I happened upon iontophoresis while googling and I was majorly skeptical of the whole thing because my thoughts were “how could something this effective not be well known ?”. In addition, the machines were not inexpensive and there was no way to try it first before buying. However, after reading through all the reviews, success stories, and whatnot, it seemed to me that Markus sounded like a very decent chap who is helpful, professional, and honest. In addition, it was great to learn that there were so many people out there that had the same condition.

After a lot of deliberating and procrastinating I ordered the Hidrex 1000 and it arrived a week and a half later.

After 26 days of treatment, I have completely dry hands now ! My feet have become more dry but I was not able to treat them because there was an issue with my original Hidrex 1000 unit (Markus was kind enough to let me keep on using the unit for my hands while the replacement was being shipped to me - he’s a good guy). I have tested this “cure” with activities and conditions that I know would trigger the sweating and nothing can make my hands sweat. I have played tennis for the past two weeks without a glove. The only exception is when I take a hot bath - the areas in between my fingers would start to sweat but my palms would remain pretty much dry.

I am truly truly excited and happy to finally know what it’s like to have dry hands and now I think the Hidrex 1000 was more than worth its cost - I wish I had learned about this earlier. My hands are so dry now that I had to go buy hand lotion a couple of weeks ago and that is a first in my life.

Here is my treatment regimen - I did 20 mins @90% pulse width @35 Volts with 300mL of tap water in each tray. I switched polarity every 7 days and increased the Voltage a could of Volts every few days until I was doing 40 Volts @90%.

I just started my maintenance schedule and have not had a treatment for 3 days now - still completely dry ! I think I will try 2 times a week as my maintenance schedule and see if the sweating returns. I will keep you all posted.

Now I want to thank everyone here on the forum and Markus since it is the sharing of your experiences and your reviews that lead me to buying my Hidrex 1000. I think my life will change quite a bit from now and I am very excited. If you have doubts about iontophoresis, I can only say try it since you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.
markus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for sharing your Iontophoresis experience in a cool and detailed post. I am very happy to hear from you, and that you have a good success, hope it will work for your feet soon too ... by the way: if someone does not sweat in a hot bath he must be an icecube Wink
This is my private account, and it is not scanned frequently, for this long waiting times till a reply are natural... for fast & direct contact, send a "private message" to the user "support", i will get notice and can take care immediate ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: