Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Question about treatment area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
blong88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Question about treatment area Reply with quote

Greetings from the USA!

I have a question regarding purchasing either the Idromed 5 PS or the Hydrex PSP 1000. I sweat on the tops of my fingertips, and on the sides of my palms as well as just on the bottoms. The same with my feet: I sweat on the tops of my toes. I would really like to get these areas dry as well as just the bottoms of my palms. This becomes really important as I am in school to become a doctor, and I will be putting gloves on a lot!

Also for more information, I would rate my Hyperhidrosis as severe, soaking wet hands and feet if not treated, and I am also in a lot of stressful situations as a medical student.

So, does one of these machines work better for this larger treatment area? The Hydrex PSP 1000's manual even states that the "backs of the hands and backs of the feet should not be immersed."

Thank you in advance!

Also, as a comment about your company: Your customer support and satisfaction is AWESOME! Seeing how you respond to everyone's questions on here is really impressive. I feel very blessed to have found this website!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life the severity of a Hyperhidrosis does not matter, nor for that matter which machine you choose, unless you treat a very special and very sensitive part - then the hidrex psp will surely give you increased settings and treatment possibilities than the Idromed, which is a machine that is very easy to handle and has less settings.

The limit is normally the square cm of the tissue to get a certain amount of current into each square cm
--> https://www.iontodevice.com/about_iontophoresis.htm (this post expains also the sweat relief breakpoint)
the rest is only "how to do the treatment correctly "

In the case that the Iontophoreiss effect is not sufficent to satisfy your needs in height - so the height above the waterline in the Iontophoreis baths (e.g. backs of the hands and feet) there is a routine to do seperate treatments for these special (and sweating) areas.

The higher a hyperhidrosis goes (sole --> tops of toes/finders --> tops of hands/feet -> ankles - higher than ankles etc.) the rudimentary guideline is: the more personal and supported a therapy setup has to be to get the maximum out of Iontophoresis

Also: if it is only the top of fingers or toes that are sweaty, they are normally treated successfull at once with a good balanced amount of water ...

First tip is to get the soles dry, then see how high the effect is after getting success and then do additional treatements if needed - or to do special actions to get these areas dry in one time (or treatment setup) in the internal board you can learn a lot about these special applications.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist