Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis agent in South Africa

wally

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Iontophoresis agent in South Africa Reply with quote

My 15 year old daughter has hyperhidrosis in her hands, and we want to try iontophoresis. We live in Johannesburg , South Africa. Do you have an agent here, or can we buy online and you will ship it to us.
What is the best machine for sweating of the hands, which is the most problematic for her. She also sweats excessively on her feet, but the hands are more noticeable socially.
many thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best machine for hand (and also foot sweating) is a pulsed current Iontophoresis machine. For both brands (at the moment) we supply the international market (locally we have also other brands, but they are not suitable - in our minds- to be set in worldwide because of their reliability) we could say: That one of these, no matter which one , only if you prefer that or this it is important. Here is a comparison between both

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/differences-in-idromed-hidrex-iontophoresis-machines-t378.html

For hand sweating treatment for a child ,I would suggest the Hidrex if you can assist her until she knows exactly what she wants, because for children it is HIGHLY important to have a good compliance, otherwise many will stop the treatments because of the therapy feel. With the Hidrex PSP you can setup finest nuances in the Iontophoresis treatment because you can choose between 50% Pulse width and 90% in 10% steps, with the Idromed there is "only" a fixed pulse setting.

If you cannot assist her and she is a "technical dummy",then I would suggest that you take the Idromed PC.

There is no agent in Johannesburg or South Africa but you can order the Iontophoresis machine online, we ship worldwide.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon May 25, 2015 9:58 am; edited 7 times in total
Research

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Iontophoresis agent in South Africa Reply with quote

wally wrote:
My 15 year old daughter has hyperhidrosis in her hands, and we want to try iontophoresis. We live in Johannesburg , South Africa. Do you have an agent here, or can we buy online and you will ship it to us.
What is the best machine for sweating of the hands, which is the most problematic for her. She also sweats excessively on her feet, but the hands are more noticeable socially.
many thanks

Dear Wally, Hi there - saw your past about your daughter - my son has the same problem. We are trying Iontophoresis to see if it works. I am curious to know whether you bought a machine and if you found the treatment worked. We are also based in JNB so I would also been keen to know the costs if you bought it. Thanks for your help.
Sharonwhit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Hand and feet Reply with quote

Hi I am in Durban and my little 6 year old suffers terribly with hands and feet. Please can you let me know if this worked and if you recommend it for us.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The pulsed current devices, Hidrex PSP 1000 and Idromed 5 PS are recommended even for children.
I think the Hidrex PSP 1000 would be the best suited, since within the pulsed current, you can also change the pulse width, in order to have more comfortable and smooth therapy. You can also discuss this treatment option with your doctor!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
KBMM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Treatment in South Africa Reply with quote

Hey!
A company has just started in Cape Town (I believe they're active now in Joburg too, but I'm not sure), and they do Iontophoresis treatments cheaply. I estimate it comes to a total of like 5k, cured and including follow up treatments. I'm a musician in Cape Town and I just got sorted out. My strings would always rust, and besides the general life-impedance of having sweaty hands, my flipping R260 guitar strings would rust and snap about three times a month (meant to last 2/3 months).
I tried to get a Hidrex/Fischer unit to SA but it was mad expensive and I ran into all sorts of issues with them not being licensed in SA as a medical device.
I was previously considering forking out like 16k for a device. Do yourself a favour and give them a shout on their email! They're really helpful -- [email protected]
Peace and best of luck!
The device also works for your feet and underarms, but that's not an issue with me, t
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist