Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Sweating is partially back

yacine541

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Sweating is partially back Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been using the Hidrex 1000 since June 2014, where I had very good success and got 100 % dry.At the begining I started doing the weekly maintenace routine but then moved to doing it every 3-4 weeks when the sweating comes back again (60 % dryness) I start a 4-5 days of treatment again until I am dry again. I initially attanied my dryness at 26 volts with a pulse width of 90 %, and after about 3-4 treatments( each treatment session consist of 40 mins in total where each hand would have to experience the red pole for 21 mins) of the same setting I kind off dont get the dryness at the same period of days so I pushed it to 28 v 90% to have success which i did for about a 2-3 maintenance sheduals, but then failure at the same settings so gain i push the bar higher at 28 v 100% then i figured that the plates might be scaling so after 15-20 of sessions, I soak the plates in a descaler(CLR) and briskly clean the plates with a rough sponge, this used to do the trick but only up to recently. After that I increased the setting to 30 v at 100 % success for a couple of months then again to 32 at 100 % and so forth. the point here is I raise the settings up whenever I don't acheive the dryness after many days of treatments at certain settings, up until i get fed up of not acheiving succes at the those settings and I raise the bar. Lately it was time for a maintenance so I started at 32 v 100% with no success, so in order for me not to increase the settings I addded a table spoon of salt to the water in order to increase even more the conductivity...still partially a succes where few areas are dry but the finger tips and other midle palm spots are wet.

Now I am at 34 v 100% and salt added to each tub, still partial succes. So am I becoming immune to therapy,becaue I take care of the plates and descale them frequently using CLR, or have I exhuasted the potential of the plates by regularly descaling them in the CLR chemical solution? do I need new plates? Please help, as the current setting are becoming uncomfortable to bear at the edges of my nails but not in the palm area.

Yacine
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not get immune to iontophoresis, this is not possible.
Sometime you need more and some time , you need less dosage of the current.
The therapy setup doesn't seem to be optimized, take a closer look at this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html
in the first paragraph we describe the relation of pulse width and current.

By the way, the cleaning of the aluminium electrodes that you have was not good, you scrubbed them and this leads to loads of scratches !
To do this right you would have to do it like this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51.html
so i think you need new electrodes.

Also please read this concerning the salt
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/water-additions-for-iontophoresis-t530.html

To make treatments more comfortable use this: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-often-do-i-have-to-change-the-polarity-t74.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
yacine541

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, i have read all of the links that you provided many times even before I started using the Hidrex as well as many other times while searching for solutions. I have already passed the phase in the first link provided about 2 years ago, which seems to be the preliminary/begginer and not for my case. The second link, I have followed the steps before I jumped to the method i used but vinegar/alcohol didnt seem to do anything to the scales/discoloration, thus why i stepped up to the more abrasive method which is using CLR and rubbing the plates which also scrtaches them on the process, this seem to give a stronger feeling of current for treatments, hence a success after the maintenance tretament. However, I would like to ask, what is the reason that makes the scratches/scrubbings on the aluminium plates bad for the current/ treatment in general?

Thirdly, the water additions(salt) was only a last resort since I didnt want to keep increasing volts every time I don't get success, I mean after all I can only take a certain amount of voltage that is comfortable as well as not reaching the maximum level of 60 V. Thus, it is why I started to add the salt in order to delay increasing the voltage and have a stringer current feeling.

Lastly, the reason why I started to switch polarity for for hands in one individual session is due to the fact that the right palm was drier than the left one, so I tried to get them both at the same level of dryness, in which i succeded. All in all, if I get new electrodes, what settings do you recommend I start with considering the fact that I am not a begginer? do I start from the very start or continue from where I left off? do I start testing the setting until I get comfortable witht he current intensity that feels would give optimum results? Can you advice on this please?

Another question, what type of electrode would you recommend? stainless steel or aluminium? (I don't think i have any allergies to stainless steel) and what type of cleaner should I get in order to keep the scales at bay? can you be more specific on the commercial ones, and how often do you descale them?since the non visible scale can also hinder the results
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would recommend the steel ones ... better to clean, and they do not build up scale like alu does

the problem with scratches is: They tend to be filled up fast with patina, and also through this the whole surface, so this leads into a loss of current fast .. In the beginning or after a cleaning the surface is augmented , this leads into a short periode of enhanced current flows

and they must be very often cleaned after the first scratch layer is performed, so in the end they loose conductability at all, wich causes problems with the current

what i meant with the first post you listed, that you read it proper is the logical idea of this phrase:

The pulse widt setting that allows you to drive the higherst Voltage level is the always the one to prefer
e.g.: It is better to drive 25 Volts @ 50% pulse than 10 Volts @ 90%
or to make it more clear:
it is better to drive 25 Volts @ 50% pulse than 24 Volts @ 90%

you wrote you use the hidrex at 34 v 100%

i would say it is a better and more comfortable feeling to drive it for example with 70% and 42 Volt
If they are not reachable i think it is the eleectrode

for the reason you add salt: here is a method that leads to higher currents and for this i would recommend you use steel electrodes https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-voltage-does-not-reach-the-desired-setting-t316.html

the best shedule is to figure out at wich % setting you have the maximum Volt you can tolderate without having skin problems (so this is also described in the first post you mentioned)

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist