Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

No success with the fisher md2 device but with the hidrex

Leigh88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: No success with the fisher md2 device but with the hidrex Reply with quote

This letter my father wrote to Bindner Medical after having sweat relief with the Hidrex iontophoresis machine, but after trying the RA Fischer device the sweating returned.

My review of the Hidrex PSP1000 and the RA Fisher MD-2 device can be found here:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/hidrex-psp-1000-compared-to-ra-fischer-galvanic-md-2-t1795.html

My father's letter:

Dear Iontophoresis Team,

I am writing to you on behalf of my daughter who suffers from severe hyperhidrosis. She reluctantly had to return to you the PSP-1000 that she had purchased from you in March (I believe the unit was shipped back to you about a week ago from the USA, and it may be in German customs now).

As you can imagine, this medical condition has caused my daughter a lot of emotional distress, which was made worse by her health insurance company that refused to reimburse her for the Hidrex unit, which was providing relief for her condition.

Unfortunately, her health insurance company required her to change to a Fischer brand unit, which she found not to be equivalent to the Hidrex unit. The Fischer unit does not have the pulsed current (and is therefore painful) and it is not providing her the relief that the Hidrex unit had provided. Sadly, her conditioned has worsened after starting treatment with the Fischer unit several weeks ago.

However, we have now found a way to receive reimbursement from her medical insurance company for a Hidrex unit, and we are wondering if it would be possible for you to ship the unit back to us here in the USA? We would be happy to pay any return shipping costs from Germany to ship her Hidrex unit back to us here.

I know this situation may seem bizarre, but this is the problem created by the insurance companies here in the USA. Before purchasing the Hidrex unit, we had carefully researched all of the iontophoresis brands and selected the Hidrex unit after consultation with her doctor. However, her insurance company decided not to pay for it even though her doctor told the insurance company that the Hidrex was working and they should pay for it (it is very sad here in the USA that insurance companies can override doctors at the detriment of a patient's health).

I hope you can understand her situation and that you will be able to send the unit back to her now that she can get reimbursement for the cost. She still has the Hidrex stainless steel electrodes, but she needs another pair of Hidrex cotton pads, which you could add to the shipping costs.

Please let us know if you can help. We appreciate the excellent customer service that you have provided us in the past, and for your kindness towards our daughter.

Thank you again.

Last edited by Leigh88 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for re-posting your mail, here is our brief answer to it:

We do so .. no extra charges for you and a pair of free cotton ( you mean the towels?)
A favour for this: Please post your email on the board (there also is a change cause hidrex now got fda approval and i want to comment your mail detailled on our board) and after this a comparishon review with regards to fish and hidrex would be a bomb!!!!) we are glad for every Review. ..
Markus
P.s.:On monday is a holiday here... so we take care to ship a brand new device on tuesday.. today we also got a notice from customs .. i think it is the device you sent back.. to fasten this up we ship a brand new

As you can see a Hidrex (and also Idromed) device is also not compareable to other brands top models. This is why iontophoresis has in so many places (doctors, clinics, websites, forums) such a bad reputation: A lot of iontophoresis devices do not the things they should do, sad but true... also a knowlegeable, reliable support is a big key factor! We care for you...

We are now FDA Approved with the Hidrex iontophoresis devices !!!

Here are some more informations for a possible coverage from your health insurance

@Leigh88:
Could you tell me how much the insurance had covered, you have had the need to got a prescription for coverage, was the doctor a dermatologist?

Hope the Hidrex works the best way for you ...

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Leigh88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@support

I had to go through a long process in order to get the coverage (because my insurance does not normally cover costs for iontophoresis machines), but they agreed to cover the RA Fischer price in full because it was FDA approved. At the time, they did not know the Hidrex was FDA approved. And yes, the doctor who wrote the prescription was a dermatologist.

After my experience, I completely agree that not all iontophoresis devices are created equal and of the same quality as the Hidrex. Other devices that don't give relief and are painful to patients give iontophoresis a bad reputation. But I can attest it does work with Hidrex and of course the reliable support from the company's staff!

Thank you, Bindner Medical, for your support!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist