Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex PSP 1000 compared to RA Fischer Galvanic MD-2

Leigh88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Hidrex PSP 1000 compared to RA Fischer Galvanic MD-2 Reply with quote

Hidrex PSP 1000 vs. RA Fischer Galvanic MD-2

I have suffered from severe hyperhidrosis of the palms, feet and armpits since I was a child, and I have tried many other treatment options that either did not work or had undesirable side effects. The Hidrex unit was the only alternative that gave great results with no side effects compared to Botox injections which helped in the short term, but would wear off quickly and over time caused muscle weakness to the point where I could not even perform daily tasks like fastening my bra or buttoning my pants.

In summary, here is what I have tried before Iontophoresis: topical antiperspirants like Drysol and Certain Dri, Botox injections (both to armpits and hands), and the oral medication Robinul/Glycopyrrolate (which maybe worked ever so slightly, but not significantly). Botox I found to be extremely painful when injected into the hands (about 50 injections in each hand). I’ve had a total of about seven treatments to both hands and armpits and between each treatment the length of time I could go without the sweat coming back was less and less with increased muscle weakening over time that began to inhibit my ability to do routine tasks with my hands.

I felt extremely frustrated and at my wits end, so I decided to have a consultation with a surgeon regarding ETS surgery. Despite my desperate need to treat my condition I could not bring myself to go through with the surgery. I did not want to do anything that would be permanent and I felt clipping, clamping, or freezing nerves might stop the sweating for good but also could affect my body in other ways or cause compensatory sweating (like on my face!). So I turned to Iontophoresis. Initially, I was skeptical about iontophoresis, not fully understanding how it works. After thorough research of the different devices and desperate for some type of respite I decided on the Hidrex PSP 1000 because of the positive reviews (especially because of the option for the pulsed current) and the helpfulness of the seller (Bindner).

I have also tried the RA Fischer Galvanic MD-2, which I was not able to get the same results as with the Hidrex PSP 1000. The RA Fischer unit was also painful to use, perhaps because it does not have the pulsed current option. After using the Hidrex unit, I saw a drastic difference after about 7-10 treatments (of the palms) while using the Hidrex. After the first few treatments sweating increased a bit, but then it gradually decreased from the palms to fingers. I saw at times, my sweating was 90% less. Which was priceless to me after all I had been through. Maintenance treatment about 1-2 x wk.

Here are some major things that I felt stood out…

Hidrex:

-EFFECTIVE! Just need to be consistent with treatment until you can get sweating reduced enough to just use device for maintenance.
-Superior quality: Cords were thick and sturdy. Electrodes (stainless steel) did not tarnish easily. Towels for trays are thick 100% cotton and non-colored.
-Compact carrying case.
-Pulsed current mode for people who are more sensitive, even direct current mode was very tolerable.
-Don’t have to worry about changing polarity during treatment (just switch electrodes occasionally)

RA Fischer MD-2:

I tried 7-10 treatments (of the palms) on low to medium settings (the most I could tolerate) for about 15-20 min sessions. To my dismay, the treatments were extremely painful with the Fischer unit and all the progress I had made with the Hidrex started to go away and the sweating came back! The automatic polarity change (either every 20 seconds or half way through treatment) gave each hand a strange warm/tingling sensation (that traveled up the arm) and caused an increase in the pain. Also, the Fischer unit is bulky and not nearly as easy to transport as the Hidrex unit.

So after the help and support of the Bindner staff I am finally able to control my Hyperhidrosis. I never knew being able to shake hands with someone and not even give it a second thought would be so empowering. A big thanks to Bindner staff for being so kind and being at my constant disposal for any questions or concerns. It has been a journey, but I am glad I did not lose hope!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: