Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Result after 4 treatments, then more sweat after treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
twain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Result after 4 treatments, then more sweat after treatment Reply with quote

I did 2 treatment on my hands in one day and I noticed reduced sweating on one palm. Then I did 3 more treatments (on the following day) and the sweating mostly stopped except for the fingertips. I know I did more than 1 treatment per day but my skin could take it. I did one more treatment today (day 3) in hopes that it would help the fingertips and some remaining sweat on the palms, but it actually brought sweating back!

Then later today I did one more treatment and the sweating stayed at about the same level..less than before the treatments but much more than after just those initial 4 treatments. All of my treatments are at the default setting for the hands except that each treatment is 20 minutes instead of 15. I use about half a teaspoon of baking soda.

I was so happy but now I am disappointed and I am afraid if I do more treatments, it would bring even more sweating back. It is possible to overtreat in a way that sweating comes back? Can anything bad happens if you keep going with treatments or do too many (other than burned skin)? What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is the possibility of overtreating, but I don't think this is the case.
I'd say, that you go back to treating once a day at the settings you have been using. Usually, before getting better, the sweat gets a bit worse. I know, in your case it was the other way around, but Iontophoresis is very individual and it can be that in your case it goes like this dry - wet - dry again. So just keep it going! Leave the bakíng soda out. It should work with only the regular tap water.
Keep us posted!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
twain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your support!

To give an update: I continued with the treatments and the sweating went away eventually…may be after 10 more days or so. It wasn't even or compete dryness but still very much acceptable.

I am now figuring out maintenance treatments. It seems like I have to do treatments almost every other day, which is too often for my schedule. Maybe I needed to keep continuous treatments longer (but my skin started to hurt) or maybe I need to experiment with water. Oh and I think I need to keep the baking soda (if I am understanding things right) because the tap water in my area is too soft.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Twain,

If the skin hurts, that's a sign that maybe the current is too high, or the treatment time or the frequency is too high...
Please take a look to the following link:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/iontophoresis-overtherapy-t1685,highlight,overtherapy.html

Does the therapy hurt in parts of the treated areas?
If YES: The towels are on the electrodes?
- Where does it hurt exactly? Describe also the feeling!
- Have you got blisters, injuries or cracks on the skin (please describe where, how many)?
- What do you use to cover them?
- If you cover them, does it hurt anyway?

What settings are you using at the moment? (voltage, pulse width, treatment time)
How much water do you have in the trays?

Have you used baking for the last treatments?

Please let us know!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: