Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

My experience with Metal Implants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
blong88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: My experience with Metal Implants Reply with quote

I thought I might add my story in here so that people with implants might get some hope.

I have 10 metal implants in my right hand from a bad break. I have also been an iontophoresis user for about 6 years (mostly with Fischer MD-1a, but i just got my awesome Hidrex PSP1000) -- and I have absolutely no negative side effects from the iontophoresis. Initially I was concerned and I spoke with my surgeon about the implants and he told me that iontophoresis should not bother it at all, and it hasnt. I have not noticed any more sensitivity or pain than normal, and the implants are right along the current path.

Now obviously there are different types of metal used in implants and different configurations so I would speak with my surgeon first in any situation.

So to you guys at Markus, I dont think metallic implants along the current path is a total contraindication.

Love your site/company!
Ben (also a medical student)
markus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your thoughts!
As a student in the medical field you are obviously well informed about medical rights and contraindications: where electric current is concerned, the medical field is very attentive and careful and and there are many things that are justly contraindicated. if there is a real health threat it can ONLY be determined by a doctor or a surgeon

Surely it must be because of the metal used, e.g. Titan is a very bad current conductor.

There are a lot of people with metal implants that have been treating many years without problems.

It is also like this: if you want to you treat the feet you should take off all jewelry (rings or earrings) and you can imagine how many really do this - removing the fingerings when treating the feet ... I have not heard of any negative consequences from not removing the jewelry when treating the feet.

If you were do this in the direct current path (rings on the finger while treating sweaty hands you would get serious burns and you´d have a big problem --- however it is absolutely contraindicated and all we can say is:always ask your doctor or surgeon!

Dear Ben, may I ask you to please write a comparison of the Hidrex to the machine you previously used in our success board https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/success-board-f2.html
This is my private account, and it is not scanned frequently, for this long waiting times till a reply are natural... for fast & direct contact, send a "private message" to the user "support", i will get notice and can take care immediate ...
blong88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the late reply, just got back from my brother's wedding!

Would be glad to post a comparison between Hidrex PSP 1000 and Fischer MD-1a (spoiler alert: Hidrex is MUCH better). Just give me some time.

I understand all your points above and agree. I was just trying to point out to people with implants that iontophoresis may still be a valid option! and that they should look into it. --and yes, I believe my implants are a form of titanium.

Again I love your company and I hope to get the chance to spread news of my success during my career in healthcare (which you guys made possible by getting my palms dry!)

Ben
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, can't wait for your post,!
It is always amazing how our Iontophoresis machines are compared to other machines by our customers, and of course it is always good to hear positive comments about our brands as well....

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Manuel77

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Currently have a Titanium collar-bone implant in 1 shoulder. Does anyone know if I am able to use Iontophoresis in my case? With compensatory sweating after ETS, I am planning to using across my stomach/chest, back and feet.

Been suffering for too long, and I'm running out of options on how to manage/control this excessive sweating.

Thank you all, appreciate if someone can help point me in the right direction or some advice.

-M
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the following post:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/iontophoresis-with-metal-parts-or-implants-t963,highlight,implants.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist