iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Device voltage does not reach the desired setting

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Device voltage does not reach the desired setting Reply with quote

Iontophoresis Device voltage does not reach the desired settings you wish to reach

Two cases:

The device is at the maximum output allowable by the body's resistance (when the water or sweat level in the skin is reduced, the body's resistance will go up too).

If you want more current, then the body's resistance has to go down. How can this be achieved?

Make sure you are not in the sensitive mode of the HIDREX (ONLY PS 500) machine!

Try this:

Have you have washed your hands, feet or armpits with soap, or used lotion or cream right before treatment? This increases the body's resistance. Please clean your hands and feet with only warm water, since cold water increases the body's resistance too.
Do you drink enough water ? A healthy water balance lowers the bodys resistance too.

Use warm treatment water (can be even as hot as a warm bath), since cold water increases the body's resistance.

Bicarbonating the water (sodium bicarbonate / Baking-Soda).
Above all, bicarbonating the electrodes in the sponges and the sponges themselves. It may be just a teaspoon. Make sure that the soda is dissolved in the water.

Are the electrodes free of patina? If not please clean them.
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51.html

You treat with pulsed current? There the machine goes faster in the security circle, switch to direct current if nothing helped, there normally it goes to the maximum.

One trick (only Hidrex PS 500): Switch to axillary mode, there it will allow you a 20% higher level (in most cases).
Try to get success with these lower pulsed settings, then when there is no succes after some time, you can try the dc mode.

Hidrex PSP1000: In pulsed setting the max Voltage is limited to the % you set it
Example:
You have set it to 90% pulse = you get only 90% of maximum current = 90% of 60 Volts = 54 Volt
You have set it to 50% pulse = you get only 50% of maximum current = 50% of 60 Volts = 30 Volt
--> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html
This is because Hidrex measures always average values and not peak values (like Idromed)
--> https://www.iontodevice.com/comparing_iontophoresis_units.htm

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Vuk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I thought that by adding baking soda, and warm water I could stand more current, but it is the opposite for me than what you say in this post. How is this possible? I was treating with 27V on 60%pw, and when i added baking soda and warm water the next time, then I felt more tingling and pain, so i had to reduce to 26,25V, and now my sweating is coming back.. So by adding baking soda I can stand LESS current, not MORE. I thought that I could go to 30V maybe, but it is not true. So is there a way to be able to stand more current? More volts?
In the end what is the point of reducing my body resistance, if not to increase the voltage.
support wrote:
If you want more current, then the body's resistance has to go down.

I am using HidrexPSP1000 btw.
Thanks,
Best regards,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have misread the post. It does not state you can stand more, it is a guide to achieve mor out of the device if the body resistance allows not highef currents.

Vuk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responce!
So in my case what would you advise? I have stopped using baking soda, and my hands don't burn any more. Because I need more Voltage,would you recon that I need to raise my body resistance? I am using cold water. The current I need to be dry(never been completely dry, but on 30V pw60 was close!) is i believe 31 or 32V, and 50%pw is the pulse that i feel tingling, so that pw suits me fine.. But the problem is sometimes when i set Hidrex to 32V the current reduces itself automaticly to 29,28V because of the safety mechanism. I have started using 60%pw because the safety mechanism doesn't make problems there, but on 30V it burns too much, and i need heavy usage of Nivea to cover the burns/blisters. I know it shouldn't hurt, but if my palms need 32V and it hurts too much, do I have a choice?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pls take a look to:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/i-can-not-increase-the-iontophoresis-current-t1950.html

Vuk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!
Thanks a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist