Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Can I have better results?

kate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Can I have better results? Reply with quote

Hello. I've been using Hidrex PSP1000 since 22/1/14. I am having treatments on hands, feet, and armpits.
For the first month I was having treatments everyday. The first two weeks I was having treatments for 20 minutes for each area (hands 20 volts, feet 30 volts, armpits 9 volts). As I was starting to getting used to treatments I then increased the time and volts for the next two weeks- 30 minutes each, hands 25 volts, feet 35volts and underarms 12 volts. That was the higher I could tolerate).

After the first month my hands and feet were dry enough, even though I still sweat on the back of my fingers (not the whole hand) and and on the back of my feet (not just toes) and on the side of hands and feet. As far as my armpits are concerned I didn't notice any success.

I continued with the maintanance having treatments every other day (3-4 times a week) 20 minutes for each area hands 20 volts, feet 35 volts and underarms 13 volts). And the past couple of weeks I am only having treatments two times a week at the same level.

I have tried to increase the volts for underarms treatments but the machine doesn't allow me to go more than 13 volts)

I have only used volts.

I treat hands and feet separately.

I am sorry but I do not understand the question How high is the Pulse Width set for each treated area?
so I can't answer it.

The therapy only hearts a lit bit on my hands. Like somebody is pinching you with a needle. (Not pain at all at feet and armpits). My skin on my fingers is a little bit cracked (there is no problem at any other area.) (Yes, the distance grids / towels are on the electrodes)

The level of the water is barely touching the towels, like a glass of water for each tray. When I treat underarms I have the little pillows sock into water and then I use them very wet.

I don't use cream on my hands or feet. I use deodorant on my armpits.

I dont use suppliments in the water. I havent installed a water softener, or any kind of water filter or water treatment in my house.

I sometimes take vitamins. (but haven't used for the last month)

I use various creams on my face for acne.

I sometimes tace paracetamol and antibiotics.

No, I haven't used iontophoresis before.

I would like to add that even though for 2 months my hands and feet were dry, yesterday (that was a very hot day ) I noticed sweat at the back of my hands and feet, at the side of my hands and feet and at a small area on my right palm (under my point finger).

My armpits still sweat like before.

What shall I do? Can I incease success at feet and hands? Can I have any success underarms? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you for your answers.
The Hidrex PSP 1000 can be driven either in direct current or in pulsed current mode (recommended) with different pulse width settings, depending of which area you have to treat.
To understand how to choose the right pulse width, please read the following post:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html
Here you can also find a video:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/video-on-how-to-set-up-the-hidrex-psp1000-t941.html
I hope this helps!
Please keep us updated! Smile

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
kate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find all these very general and not helpful for my case.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is very important to first understand the basics of the machine, in order to be able to set it up correctly. A wrong setup can also lead to not having success or just partial success. One of these basics is the Pulse Width of the pulsed current. In the manual (and also in the forum) it is explained very well.

Your first post is a bit confusing, since you explain your therapy settings for all three areas at once. So we need to take one after the other.
Generally, we recommend that you start with the treatment of one area only. If you start treating all three areas at once, it might be too much, you're not concentrating very well on any of them and then there are just poor results. That's why we say to first start off with the hands, this is the area that usually bothers the most. Your settings seem good, 20 min @ 20V, we would also need to know the pulse widht. On the machine it is displayed like this "P-70 or P-90....".
I think that maybe the problem was that you stopped the initial treatment too early and/or that the maintenance treatment wasn't exactly made as stated on our post "Maintenance Treatment". The water level seems fine. To treat the back and the sides of the hands without having to increase the water level, you can wear wet cotton gloves during the therapy. This way the water remains low but you get the back and the sides treated, since the wet glove conducts the current. For feet you can use cotton socks.

So basically I would say, let's get back to initial treatment, but only for one area first. Keep on with the initial treatments until you are completely dry, also the sides and back of your hands. And only then should we move on to maintenance, and this should be done exactly as we state on this post, with the magic number and all:_ https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html

Last edited by support on Thu May 14, 2015 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to ask back if everything is okay or do you need any additional help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist