Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

No dryness anymore getting immune to ionto?

cristal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: No dryness anymore getting immune to ionto? Reply with quote

Hi there

Im using a Drionic device for iontophoresis treatment. I have modified the device so that i can use it with external trays so that i can have full coverage for the treated area(palms for now)

I was doing 40 mins sessions a day for 3 weeks, i got some result, let say i was better and some parts of my hands didnt sweat like before. Im a dripper, sweat poor out my palms, results made me be sometimes dry but some parts like my top of the fingers and some other parts of the palms did sweat(not all the time though).

My skin started to dry and crack a little between the fingers so i thought that its time for maintenance treatments. I stoped for a day, the 2nd day i was sweating like before, completely. I thought i havent got to that level so that i can maintain dryness with 1-2 sessions a week so i started again.

For my surprise i didnt felt the current like before(i didnt raised water level) and now im doing the treatment again exactly like before but i never achived dryness again. I even lowered now the water levels to the minimum,This means that just the cloth is wet under my palms. I feel a little bit the current but not like before, i cant rise the curent, im at the max setting with the Drionic.
No, i didnt changed the water surse.

Will this happen even if i will afford to buy a stronger machine like the Hidrex? I mean, in time people feel the current less and dont get the same results like they did with lower levels of voltage?

Im so tired of hiperhidrosis, im so tired of this treatments, im so tired with my life.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cristal,

Sorry, but our Support is only for customers who bought one of our machines. We don't give Support for the Drionic machine.
I can only say that maybe a stronger machine would make a difference. You are right, sometimes people get used to the current feeling, this doesn't mean that the machine is getting weaker. The Drionic is definitely not a very strong machine. Also I think that maybe 40 minutes a day was too much....

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu May 28, 2015 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
cristal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

40 min a day its to much? From what i have read on the forum the stronger the current the better, the longer a session the better.
Do you say that 40 min is to much for a weak ionto machine like Drionic? There is to much? Then if i buy a Hidrex that is a stronger machine what i will do? 5 minutes of treatment at full power?
Im sweating again because of to much treatment minutes? This dosent make sense!
I have stopped treatments and i wanted to start with the maintenance but like i said, after 2 days of pause my Hyperhidrosis returned at full.

I dont really understand and probably no one can tell for sure why it worked and then i suddenly stooped seeing results. Im really afraid now to buy a stronger machine, if you say that i over do it with a weak machine. I didnt knew there is to much, or to much current will stimulate the sweat glands?

You say that people get used to the currents feeling but that dosent mean the machine its getting weaker. Of course not the machine is getting weaker, just the results are gone with the feeling. In my case, is what happened. cant feel the current, current still make my palms a little read and ichy but the results are GONE!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure , it does not make sense at first , but you should try to understand that the Iontophoresis therapy must be tailored to your personal needs, this means if your device is not strong enough to deliver a certain amount of current in a certain amount of time it is not the best idea to prolong the sessions without limitation. It is always a good idea to set the current just high enough so that you feel a tingling sensation ( if this is a low level you have to eliminate a lot of things that could be the reason for only low current handling ) and then getting back a bit with the current strength and then prolong or reduce the treatment times up to the point where you get a good maintenance schedule.for example with an Iontofactor of 100 compared to an Iontofactor of 1800 you would also have to increase the treatment times 18 times longer if you have to do 10 minutes at 1800 you would have to do 180 minutes with an Iontofactor of 100.do you think your skin condition would be really good after three hours? So accordingly you don't have to wonder that we said that maybe 40 minutes with a low current are maybe too long…
Also, the quick return of the sweating when doing the maintenance therapy is a sign that the current you are getting from your machine is not sufficiently strong enough that we can speak here about a well tailored Iontophoresis therapy. The idea behind a Iontophoresis machine which can deliver higher current outputs is to reduce the treatment times . The longer you're in the trays the more problems you'll probably get with the condition of your skin.From what I read in your post, you are on the edge of having Iontophoresis work for you: a bit lower current , I think, and you lose your sweat relief breakpoint.In the beginning of the Iontophoresis therapy your skin gets used to the current and this means mostly that you have the need to use a higher current.Your skin gets dry or dryer and because of this your body resistance increases dramatically, and as a result the current of a weak machine is reduced also more and more.
Maybe this is the reason why you lost success.I don't know how long you have to treat with a Hidrex or an Idromed, this you have to figure out but it's also not a good idea to do the treatments at really low levels (if it is sufficient to break the sweat relief threshold at for example 5 mA but you could stand 25 mA) - you have to bring a certain dosage to the skin in order to stay dry - it is not a good idea to do it five times longer. I think that for most users it is better to treat at 25 mA five times shorter compared to 5 mA - both will bring in the same dosage but with longer sessions you only waste time and maybe worsen your skin condition.
Hope all is clear now for you?

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist