Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Partial success with Hidrex GS400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
Vuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Partial success with Hidrex GS400 Reply with quote

Hello,
I have been using Hidrex GS400 every day for about 35 days, and my results are not as I have expected.
My palms, feet and armpits swet a lot, sometimes dripping...
I wanted to treat my hands first to see if it works, than feet and armpits later.
So far my sweating is reduced for about 50% on my hands, feet and armpit sweating is also reduced, but now i sometimes sweat more on my chest and back. My hands are itchy often, sometimes a lot. I treat my hands for 20 minutes every day with 15ma using warm tap water and switching polarity once a week.
First 3 weeks i have treated my hands for 15 minutes, and didn't get good results so I switched to 20min.

What should I do to increase device effectiveness?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please answer the following questions:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/no-limited-success-after-3-weeks-as-stated-in-the-manual-t81.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Vuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- What type of device are you using (manufactorer/model)?

Hidrex GS400

- What areas are you treating (hands, feet, hands+feet together, armpit, other areas)?

Hands only

- Do you treat them with direct current or pulsed current?

DC only

- Initial Treatment was done every day?

I skipped one day after 30 days of every day treatment, and than continued to do it every day

-For how many days (overall treatment days)?

- Were there breaks during the Initial Treatment (in days)?

One day

- How long is the treatment time (in minutes for each session)?

20 minutes

- How high is the current for each treated area (please clarify if current is shown in mA or Voltage)?

15, I dont know if it is Voltage or mA, because it doesn't say on the device

- In %, how much better is the sweating than before starting the therapy?

About 50% on the hands, on the armpits and feet little less, an the sewating is increased on my chest and back sometimes

-Have you removed the plastic foil that protects the electrodes from scratches?

yes

- Does the therapy hurt in parts of the treated areas?

It itches very much, sometimes more sometimes less

- Where does it hurt exactly? Describe also the feeling!

In my hands, it is itchy burny feel, and sometimes i get reddish little blisters, that disapear after some time

- Have you got blisters, injuries or cracks on the skin (please describe where, how many)?

I had one on my palm, a small one, and i have little cracks around fingernails because I bite them, also very little cuts on the bottom of the palm

- What do you use to cover them?

I use vaseline

- If you cover them, does it hurt anyway?

It depends, It is more an uncomfortable feeling, but sometimes it hurts a little, it is not unbearable, sometimes it doesnt hurt at all

- Do treat hands and feet simultaneously?

No

- Where do you sweat exactly (soles/sides/top ...)?

soles, sides and top

- How high is the water in the trays?

Around 900 milliliter I don't measure precisre

- Do you regularly use creme on your hands or feet? If yes, what kind of creme?

No

- Do you use supplements in the water like soda or salt?

No

- Did you install a water softener, or any kind of water filter or water treatment (ionic/osmosis, etc.) in your house?

No

- Do you take any nutrition supplements like vitamins?

No

- Skin care: If you take cream, wich one do you use?

No

- Do you take any oral medication (any kind, like Vagatin, Aspirin, etc.)

No

- Have you tried Iontophoresis before?

Yes

- Where (clinic, at home)?

at home

-Did you have success?

Yes, partial

- What kind of device was it?

It was homemade device built from a modified power supply

- Have you moved since then or have you moved since you started the therapy with the actual device?

No

- Did something change regarding the quality of your water?

No
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you very much for your answers.
The problem is that normally it's more difficult to treat with a direct current device. Every person needs a certain current level to have success with Iontophoresis. This level is different from person to person, but if you can not reach your needed current level, because the treatment is painful, you would probably not reach the wished dryness, even if you would treat every day for the rest of your life.
The therapy should not hurt! Also, redness and blisters are a sign of a too strong current. Since the skin should be in good condition for the therapy, blisters, cracks and irritations are really counterproductive.
Concerning the water, generally it's better to use a little amount only. If the cotton towel is completely wet, it's enough. Only the palms should be wet. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6XnLsKTs4
Generally people who treat with less water can stand the current better. Just try this out and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by support on Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Vuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i will let you know.
Please tell me if the device does not work for me, will Hidrex with the pulsed current give me the desired results, and it it does is it possible to return the HidrexGS 400 and upgrade to Hidrex 1000 psp?
Thanks,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, this will be possible! Get back to us within the next few days and if it doesn't improve, I will let you know how we can proceed with upgrade!

Last edited by support on Tue May 19, 2015 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Vuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks Smile
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome!

Vuk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I have started using less water and results are better already, but I'am still considering upgrading to Hidrex psp 1000 as it is far supperior device, and maybie I can get even better results, so it would be great if you could send me the data about upgrading and pricing to my email.
Best regards,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Sure, we will send you the info to your email address.

Vuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so using the device I have discovered that:

When using less water, on 15 (I don't know if it is mA or Volts on GS400), now the treatman of my hands is more effective, but still not completly dry, they are still around 15-20% wet. Now the current burns more, and creating more blisters. Also now before i'm going to swet my hands are INSANELY itchy, and I have to scratch them a lot, and it is usualy that one hand is itchier, and it gets red from my scratching. I have discovered that the less I sweat, the more it becomes itchy...

I'm also sweating on the top of my hands, how do I treat that area?

So, if I reduce the current will my treatman be less effective?

Thanks,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To switch between Volt and mA you simply have to press the grey button with the two arrows on it (the first button on the left side below the display). When the LED light beneath the picture of the two arrows (on the left side) does not shine, then you have the electric tension in Volt. Please note that you have to be on the "Setup-Mode" to be able to change this (see p. 12-13 on the manual).
If the current burns and you have blisters, that's a sign that the current is too high! The therapy should never hurt!
Blisters, injuries or cracks on the skin should be covered with Nivea Blue or Vaseline.
To treat on the top of the hands, you can cover them with a wet cotton towel or using cotton glows as described in the following post:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-high-shall-i-fill-in-the-water-in-the-trays-t145.html
Just let us know how it goes and if you prefer to upgrade the Hidrex DC to the Hidrex PSP 1000.

Vuk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Until i get my Hidrex PSP1000 I want to perfect my treatment with GS400, so i need some additional advice.
Can you please explain the top of the hands and feet treatment, because I don't understand at all the info that you have provided me with the link above.
Than you very much,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

To treat the top of hands and feet, you can cover those parts with a wet cotton towel or wear wet cotton gloves or wet cotton socks while doing the therapy, like explained in the following post:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/sweating-on-top-of-the-hand-t1374,highlight,top.html
That way you will be able to treat the parts which are not in the water without increasing the water level (which is often counterproductive).
Please note that if you wear socks or gloves, a lowered current is recommended to avoid burns.
If the soles still sweat you have to do the treatment again without the socks/gloves for soles-only treatment.

I hope this helps!
Let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you are saying that there are 2 ways:

1. To treat the hands or feet as usual, and only put additional 2 wet cotton towels on the top of my hands, so the palms AND the top of my hands are affected with current at the same time with lower current because the skin is sensitive, but I need to do the palms AGAIN separateley because the skin is thicker and I need stronger current. So double treatmant for hands/feet.

2. I put socks/gloves on my hands/feet and cut out the parts that I do not want treated. For example I want to treat only tops, not the palms/soles, I need to cut out the palms part of the gloves, so the big hole is in there. Now I have gloves on my hands and I am treating the hands/feet the same way as when treating soles/palms (with a wet cotton towel on the bottom), only with additional wet glove/sock with a hole in the bottom.

When treating top of my hands I am putting them on the wet towels (the same as when treating palms only) but with additional cotton towels on the top of my hands. That I understand, but the thing that confuses me the most is that you say when treating with gloves I cut out the parts I dont want to be affected(for example palms), but how are they unaffected when they are already touching the original cotton towels that are soaked in water they must be affected.

Tell me if I am on the right track Smile.

I think that the picture in paint would be the easiest to understand as the picture speaks 1000 words, so I would greatly appreciate if it is possible to include it in the post, and I think it would help majority of people to understand as it is important part of the therapy.

Thanks,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
So, you are saying that there are 2 ways:

1. To treat the hands or feet as usual, and only put additional 2 wet cotton towels on the top of my hands, so the palms AND the top of my hands are affected with current at the same time
-> Yes, you're right!

Quote:
with lower current because the skin is sensitive, but I need to do the palms AGAIN separateley because the skin is thicker and I need stronger current. So double treatmant for hands/feet
-> Since the skin on the upper side of hands and feet, as well as between the fingers, is normally more sensitive, it's recommendable to start using a lower current setting than usual, in order to avoid that the current is too strong for the skin on the top. The palms/soles can normally stand higher setting, although this is very idividual.
You need to treat your palms again separately only if your palms/soles still sweats and only if the current you can stand when you treat the top of your hands/feet is much more lower than when you treat only your palms/soles.

Quote:
2. I put socks/gloves on my hands/feet and cut out the parts that I do not want treated.
-> Yes, your're right!

Quote:
For example I want to treat only tops, not the palms/soles, I need to cut out the palms part of the gloves, so the big hole is in there. Now I have gloves on my hands and I am treating the hands/feet the same way as when treating soles/palms (with a wet cotton towel on the bottom), only with additional wet glove/sock with a hole in the bottom.

When treating top of my hands I am putting them on the wet towels (the same as when treating palms only) but with additional cotton towels on the top of my hands. That I understand, but the thing that confuses me the most is that you say when treating with gloves I cut out the parts I dont want to be affected(for example palms), but how are they unaffected when they are already touching the original cotton towels that are soaked in water they must be affected.
-> Normally everyone has to treat their palms/soles, you too, right? You have to cut out the gloves only if you want to exclude some parts on the top, for example: You want to treat only the back of the fingers and between the fingers, but not the dorsum of your hands, then you can cut out the part which cover only the dorsum (so the current won't flow there). In this case you will have a big hole on the top.
If you have to exclude some parts on your palms or soles, you will have to cover them with a cream like Nivea blue.

I hope it's clearer. Smile
We will try to make some pictures and post them next week!

Vuk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand now!
Thanks Smile
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
Let's stay in touch.

Vuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I have stainless steel electrodes and one of them has some white stuff on them , I don't know what to call it. They are like ragged white stains.
What should I use to remove it?
They are 2 months old.
Thanks,
Best regards,
Vuk
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello vucina,

Concerning how to clean the electrodes, please read the following post:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51,highlight,clean.html
Normally, the stainless steel electrodes are more robust and resistant to dirt and scale than the aluminium electrodes, and also easier to clean. Wink

I was just wondering if you have received the Hidrex PSP 1000?
Please let us know, thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, it arrived to my country on 3 december, and should be in my home any day I believe.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you!
Just let us know when you have received it! Smile

Vuk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recieved my Hidrex 1000psp today, and I 've sent you email regarding the exchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: