Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

A Decrease In Total Dryness

yacine541

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: A Decrease In Total Dryness Reply with quote

Hello Support,

It's been a while since I got my success but I have been noticing few bumps in my success recently so I decided to write you. About 1.5 months ago I noticed that my palms were getting slightly moist again after I didn't follow my maintenance correctly and left it for a week or 8 days without a treatment. So I went back to treatment again on the the maintenance settings which were 22 mins,26 Volts at 90% pulsed current. However it didn't bring my palms to 100% dryness as before when I tried doing this for 5 days, for equal amounts of treatments for each palm subsequently, so I gradually increased the time to 24 mins and 27 volts, but still not 100 %. This time I increased the voltage to 28 volts and left the timing as is for 24 mins, treated both hands equally one after the other, so the total session period was 48 mins. The last setting brought my palms back to 100% (24 mins, 28 Volts @90%) and took a total of 10 days to get back to 100% dry again from 22 mins, 26 Volts @90%.
I have been doing this setting for 1 month now, for both palms subsequently at each treatment and leaving 1-2 day break until the next treatment.So about 2-3 days ago I have noticed that my palms are getting few buds(or few tiny dots from pores that give a crystal-like appearance but not too pronounced) that of sweat when I strain them to the max (after a workout, under the covers, extra aware/focused or stressed) and get down may be to 95-98% dry. So I have few queries/questions about the treatment method:

1. Is doing about 3-4 maintenance treatments a week too much?

2.Are my palms getting sort of immune to recurrent of the present settings? and do I have to increase voltage each time I drop to 95% dry or less from 100%?

3.If the machine can go to only 60 Volts max and I am already at 28 volts, is there any way to not use up all the steps to reach 60 V?Since I don't want to be at 60 Volts because there is not more after that.

4.What would be the best plan B if I keep getting immune to the maintenance settings? time can only be increased to a certain level so does the voltage eventually. Would stopping the whole treatment to a full stop until hands are wet again and restart treatments be a good idea? Is using 100% direct current with less voltage counter productive?

5.What is the best water level? I use approximately 500 ml for each tub.Is using less than 500 ml for each tub better? for instance 350 ml.

6.What is the best temperature for the water? hot,warm or cold? I have noticed that I feel more of the current at warm-hot temperatures.

7. If my total treatment is 48 mins for both palms, where I treat 24 mins for each palm in the red pole subsequently, would changing the water before moving the red pole to the second palm be counter-productive? since the water gets colder before I reach the second palm and assuming that warm-hot water is productive. I have noticed that without replacing the water and using it throughout the whole 48 mins, my right palm(start at red pole first with hot water) is always better in terms of dryness(with a slight difference) compared to my left palm which gets the red pole to conclude the treatment.However, when replacing the water to have both the palms treated in warm-hot water, the right palm dryness level slightly drops too. Dilemma!

8.Do I need to change the aluminium plates periodically? do they decrease in terms of effectiveness with current conduction?

9.How often do I need to wash the towels? Does washing them or not have any effect on the resistance to the currents?

Thanking you in advance.Please let me know if any of the above is not clear.

Yacine.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Yacine,

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say that you treat your hands "both equally, one after the other". How do you do that? Do you place one hand on both electrodes? Because, you know that you can treat both hands at the same time? Or are you treating every day left hand on plus pole and right hand on minus pole for 24 minutes and then afterwards left hand on minus pole and right hand on plus pole for another 24 minutes?

Quote:
1. Is doing about 3-4 maintenance treatments a week too much?

It depends. If you feel that the sweating returns, then you might need to do more than 3-4 treatments a week. But if you can keep your dryness level with 3-4 teatments a week, then this is your optimal maintenance teatment parameters.

Quote:
2.Are my palms getting sort of immune to recurrent of the present settings? and do I have to increase voltage each time I drop to 95% dry or less from 100%?

No, they shouldn't. You increase the voltage if you feel that you need to. You can treat always as high as you can stand it, without feeling pain.

Quote:
3.If the machine can go to only 60 Volts max and I am already at 28 volts, is there any way to not use up all the steps to reach 60 V?Since I don't want to be at 60 Volts because there is not more after that.

If you're at 28V out of 60V, don't worry. You're far away from the 60V.

Quote:
4.What would be the best plan B if I keep getting immune to the maintenance settings? time can only be increased to a certain level so does the voltage eventually. Would stopping the whole treatment to a full stop until hands are wet again and restart treatments be a good idea? Is using 100% direct current with less voltage counter productive?

If nothing else works, then you can do that. But then you really Need to Keep up your maintenance schedule.

Quote:
5.What is the best water level? I use approximately 500 ml for each tub.Is using less than 500 ml for each tub better? for instance 350 ml.

The lower the better. See here: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-high-shall-i-fill-in-the-water-in-the-trays-t145.html

Quote:
6.What is the best temperature for the water? hot,warm or cold? I have noticed that I feel more of the current at warm-hot temperatures.

Usually warm water conducts the current better. But we have had cases where the Patient says that it worked better for him with cold water.

Quote:
7. If my total treatment is 48 mins for both palms, where I treat 24 mins for each palm in the red pole subsequently, would changing the water before moving the red pole to the second palm be counter-productive? since the water gets colder before I reach the second palm and assuming that warm-hot water is productive. I have noticed that without replacing the water and using it throughout the whole 48 mins, my right palm(start at red pole first with hot water) is always better in terms of dryness(with a slight difference) compared to my left palm which gets the red pole to conclude the treatment.However, when replacing the water to have both the palms treated in warm-hot water, the right palm dryness level slightly drops too. Dilemma!

If you want, you can Change the water after the first 24 minutes. But like I said before, there is no Need on changing the polarity each day. You can do that every other day. So this way you can save time.

Quote:
8.Do I need to change the aluminium plates periodically? do they decrease in terms of effectiveness with current conduction?

Well, you should clean them from now and then. If they have a good Quality, it doesn't metter if they are a couple of years old.

Quote:
9.How often do I need to wash the towels? Does washing them or not have any effect on the resistance to the currents?

As for hygienic reasons, we recommend to wash the towels at least once a week. But not washing them does not have an effect on the results of the therapy

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist