Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis drug delivery questions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Iontophoresis drug delivery questions Reply with quote

Dear Iontophoresis Team

I purchased the Idromed machine 4 years ago. The pt that I ordered it for became pregnant and never proceeded with the treatment. We then got busy with other things and never used it. I am keen to rectify this as I have always been keen to utilize iontophoresis.

I was wondering if you are aware of anyone using iontophoresis with the face mask to drive in topical anaesthetic such as lidocaine prior to procedures. I have seen a few studies where this was done on small sites prior to venepuncture but I wondered if it could be adapted to the face?

Also do you know if the Idromed can be used to treat onychomycosis and if so what drug and concentration should be added to the trough iontophoresis?

I have pricing for accessories from 4 years ago! Could you kindly provide an updated list? Photos of the Hidrex "trough" online look a lot better than the ones used for the Idromed. Can I purchase these blue troughs and use them with my machine?

Thank you so very much.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Customer, the pricing table for Iontophoresis accessories is actually under https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/spare_parts.html

for Onychomycosis also Tinea Unguium or fungal infection of the nail, there is no addition to the treatment water needed, but the treatment water level should be higher than the nails are located. This should eleminate the infection really fast. Iontophoresis is performed in the same manner as when it is used for hyperhidrosis treatments and we recommend continuing the treatment until the whole nail is healthy to prevent reinfections. For possible reinfections with athletes foot you should take a closer look at our products like silver socks and klenz (for the shoeware) on the page www.sweating.com

further info for the subject drug delivery with iontophoresis

Also , Lidocaine can be used with Iontophoresis if you want to numb locally deeper skin areas ... but if you apply Lidocaine onto normal skin it also works (example lidocaine cream for tattoo studios)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist