Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Maintenance phase questions

yacine541

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Maintenance phase questions Reply with quote

Hello,

I have achieved dryness after 18 consecutive days and did an additional day just as a reinforcement of the treatment. My last day of treatment was 8 days ago, and i am still dry. So my magic number is 27. So today i did 15 mins @ 26V with a pulsed of 90%, this was my last setting of my initial treatment. My questions are as follows:
1-Are my settings high for my maintenance session, should they be lower to my last session of initial treatment?

2-If my magic number is 27, should i be alternating 1 day until day 27 then 2 days and so on for the following 27 days, then alternate 3 days for 27 days until i reach 8 alternating days? you mention that the maximum alternating days(break days until next maintenance session) is based on the time of slight sweating signs after initial success, however i started my 1st maintenance day after 8 days of achieving success or from my last session of the initial treatment stage and still no signs of sweating.

3-Since the red pole is what makes the difference in dryness, should i divide my maintenance session into two time intervals for each palm to be on the red pole, i.e. in one session, have 15 mins of the red pole for my right palm then break and switch polarity to have 15 mins of the red pole to my left palm to total it to a 30 mins session for both palms to the red pole?

4-Or(follow up of Q.3) is it better to actually do 15 mins of right palm on red pole separated by break period(alternating days) then resume next session of 15 mins of left palm on red pole to close the cycle of alternating palms to the red pole separated by the break days?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

First of all, congratulations on your success!!! Smile

Quote:
1-Are my settings high for my maintenance session, should they be lower to my last session of initial treatment?

The settings are fine as long as you feel comfortable with them. It's hard to say wether it should be lower or higher, since everyone feels the current differently. So if you stick to the settings you had on your last sessions of initial treatment, you will be just fine.

Quote:
2-If my magic number is 27, should i be alternating 1 day until day 27 then 2 days and so on for the following 27 days, then alternate 3 days for 27 days until i reach 8 alternating days? you mention that the maximum alternating days(break days until next maintenance session) is based on the time of slight sweating signs after initial success, however i started my 1st maintenance day after 8 days of achieving success or from my last session of the initial treatment stage and still no signs of sweating.
Exactly! And as soon as you start experiencing slight sweating again, then you have to go back one period. For example, if you were on treating every 4 days and suddenly you start sweating again, then you have to back to treating every 3 days. And tif you get it under control, then this will be how you will need to continue treating!

Quote:
3-Since the red pole is what makes the difference in dryness, should i divide my maintenance session into two time intervals for each palm to be on the red pole, i.e. in one session, have 15 mins of the red pole for my right palm then break and switch polarity to have 15 mins of the red pole to my left palm to total it to a 30 mins session for both palms to the red pole?

You can do it like this or you can do it one day left hand red pole and right hand black pole nad the next day right hand red pole and left hand black pole. Or you can do it one week left hand red pole and right hand black pole nad the next day right hand red pole and left hand black pole. Smile

See answer of question 3. You just need to make sure that both hands get equal amount of treatments on the black and the red pole! How often you exchange it (daily, weekly) doesn't matter!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
yacine541

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i got you, and thanks for your advice Smile
yacine541

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello support,

Today i have noticed something negative to my side, as i have seen that my right palm is kind off starting to get moist again, the difference between my left palm(100% dry) is barely noticeable to my right hand palm(98% dry,which was 100% dry). I know that the difference is minuscule, but it hit me since I have already done three maintenance sessions for 15 mins for each palm consecutively at 26 volts( which was the setting of my last initial treatment session phase). I have done 3 session(20th,23th and 24th of June) so far alternating with one day. I started my maintenance session after 8 days of finishing my initial treatment and being completely dry, when i started maintenance i didn't show any sweating signs. I am confused as i started the maintenance for the goal of maintaining my dryness but not to reverse it. So can you tell me what do you think is happening? I haven't changed anything at all compared to the last period of initial treatment phase except reducing the treatment time to 15 mins for each palm. The initial treatment i switched polarity until i reached dryness in one palm.
Have i reversed the process. I only did what was suggested from the maintenance number section and alternated. Can you please advise on the matter?

Thanks
yacine541

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corrections to my maintenance dates: it was 20th,22nd and 24th.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Yacine541!
So sorry for the late answer!! Somehow we must have overlooked your post, sorry! Embarassed
How does it work now?
If the sweat reappears, it normally means that the breaks are too Long. Are your hands dry again? Please give us an update on your situation, thank you!

yacine541

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes thank you for getting back to me but I am 100% dry again for both hands, i stuck to the maintenance routine but i increased the timing to 5 mins more to make it 20 mins(matching my initial treatment time) for each hand one after another. My right palm got 100 % dry again after 2-3 maintenance sessions, so i am not sure if the 15 mins was short for each hand or the initial maintenance session did reactivated the nerves , or may be my threshold point was actually 20 mins but 15 mins was actually as if nothing was happening hence those maintenance days were considered as break days??However i am now alternating from 1day to sometimes 2 days if i find myself busy. Thank you for getting back to me though.

yacine
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It's good to hear that you're 100% dry again. It might be that those 5 minutes really made the difference. You can try to alternate 2 days and then, if all stays the same, you can begin to alternate 3 days and see how that goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist