Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis - concerns about aluminum toxicity

MARIA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Iontophoresis - concerns about aluminum toxicity Reply with quote

I've been using Idromed 5PC since Oct 2010. During this time I've used it 2-7 days a week with the exception of the months of April 2011 and Oct/Nov 2011. I took these months off from treatments because I didn't really have a whole lot going on in my life where I needed my hands not to sweat. When I did my treatments everyday, or at least 6 days a week after the intial two week period, my hands completely stopped sweating, I would alternate every 5 days switching the positive electrode between right and left hand. I was able to get married last year and not sweat from my hands one bit. That's the good news, but here is one side effect I have noticed happens when I do a lot of treatments... I get anxious.

Lately, I have been feeling EXTREMELY anxious and have decided to stop treatments to see if my anxiety subsides. I noticed a correlation between the amount of treatments I do and my anxiety. I have felt very anxious hear and there over the last 9 months but lately it’s almost every day. After doing some research online, and discovered one of the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity is anxiety/nervousness. I’m wondering if I have aluminum toxicity due to using the Idromed almost every day for more than a year? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I don’t really have a reason in my life to feel anxious at this time. I could possibly have hyperthyroid, but I was reading that this is also caused by heavy metal toxicity. I hate having to stop my treatments because I have a wedding coming up in a month and it would be nice to shake hands with people and not sweat, but this anxiety is more debilitating than sweaty hands. To be fair, I have had mild episodes of anxiety in the past, it is possible though that having the excess aluminum in my body aggrevates it. I’m thinking about switching to the stainless steel plates after my anxiety subsides, but are they as effective?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one (until now ) has ever experienced such a thing. Also Aluminium is not a heavy metal, it is a light metal. With Stainless Steel it would be more of a heavy metal problem - if there was any - because it contains Nickel and Chromium , but also we have never heard of this happening with Stainless Steel , and the devices with Stainless Steel have been many ,many times (100 or 200 tsd units?).
However just to calm you a bit: Treating with Iontophoresis is always a stimulus.
Some of us feel nervous, some feel exited, some feel very well, some feel the current in the bones, some feel "rusty" in the joints after the treatment - this is a real good sign that something is happening, because Iontophoresis is used to treat symtoms of Arthrosis , so , although this is maybe not so pleasant , it is a positive sign.
Some of us may have too high expectations as to if the sweat will disappear at all, or when the sweat will disappear, in all of these (and more) cases we have this:
We are exited:
If you misinterpret this stimulus that leads to exitement then you maybe build your own psycho trigger, like you can build up for everything (fear when it is dark, social phobia, etc.) That means, EVERY stimulus (medicaments, fruits, pets etc.) can be a trigger for something psychic (in good and bad directions). In this case it can be self adjusting and getting worse and worse - or better and better.

You can also test it with a simple heavy metal toxicity test, why be anxious all the time when it is easy to check it?

We have these special iontophoresis electrodes for the ones scared of metal electrodes: but believe me, they were only sold a few times a year and were absolutly not worth the work to set them up, although so many are scared from Aluminium or Stainless Steel.
We use medical stainless steel just like the steel used by surgeons, and the Aluminium is highest purity Aluminium.
I had myself a tested after 10 years Stainless Steel Iontophoresis treatments, result: NOTHING.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Tue May 26, 2015 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
MARIA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that I am also sensitive to the current. I can feel the current even as low as 2MA and since I use the device almost everyday, constantly being exposed to this unpleasant electrical sensation daily may be starting to negatively effect me. And yes, the joints in my hands to sometimes feel rusty. With that being said, I’m still concerned about the effects of long term exposure to Aluminum.

According to my research Aluminum fatigues a lot easier than other metals and oxidizes or breaks down when in contact with certain other metals, with acids, and with salts. Since our hands are salty and slightly acidic it is possible that the aluminum leaches off and is absorbed into our skin. I took a look at my aluminum electrodes and noticed that the part where I usually place my hands is consumed, while the back part of the aluminum is clean. So there must be some reaction going on between the aluminum and our hands. Therefore, I conclude that aluminum in being absorbed into our bodies during treatments. I’m not sure how you can refute this. The fact that it is pure aluminum really doesn’t make a difference as to whether or not it is absorbed into our bodies.

However, I would still recommend this product to people, but for me it is not a long term solution since I have to use it almost daily to maintain dryness. I’m happy I was able to use it for my wedding and have dry hands. This was very worth it.

For those that do use the Alum electrodes I would suggest limiting exposure to other products containing Aluminum: deodorant (I don’t have Hyperhidrosis in my armpits, so I’m switching to a deodorant without Alum), cooking products, makeup, lotions, foils, and even foods(food additives contain the most). Other sources of Aluminum are antacids, buffered aspirin, vaginal douches, antidiarrheal drugs, pickling salts, drying agents, cosmetics, aluminum pop and beer cans ( the phosphoric acid leaches the aluminum from the can into the liquid), paints, all bread and pastries, cake mixes, processed cheese, baking powder, food starch modifiers, and anti-caking agents.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel the Iontophoresis current with a pulsed model at 2 mA you really are sensitive to current. I think you are one of the 0,5% who feel such a tiny Iontophoresis current for the hands...

Quote:
So there must be some reaction going on between the aluminum and our hands

Not really, this is the fat of the skin + limescale, that reacts to patina, not the aluminium that "leaches" out.

This would mean that the electrode would corrode, but I could bet it is not. Look, sometimes we get devices back and one of the electrodes look ugly. The other is "as" new, but both have been used for treatments many times (you can see this when you look at the trays for scratches. Why is this? I would say it is because the one has more fat in the skin and the other as good as none .

Why don't you do this: take the same water 5 times and then you send it in for a "aluminium test".

Or just simply order the ones I suggested (silicone ones). If it is really like you think, your symptoms should disappear, right?

mtambo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in this, too. You mentioned a simple heavy metal toxicity test - do you have a recommendation? I've seen home kits and professional lab tests with a huge price range. Thanks for any info.

support wrote:
No one (until now ) has ever experienced such a thing. Also Aluminium is not a heavy metal, it is a light metal. With Stainless Steel it would be more of a heavy metal problem - if there was any - because it contains Nickle and Chromium , but also we have never heard of this happening with Stainless Steel , and the devices with Stainless Steel have been many ,many times (100 or 200 tsd units?).
However just to calm you a bit: Treating with Iontophoresis is always a stimulus.
Some of us feel nervous, some feel exited, some feel very well, some feel the current in the bones, some feel "rusty" in the joints after the treatment - this is a real good sign that something is happening, because Iontophoresis is used to treat symtoms of Arthrosis , so , although this is maybe not so pleasant , it is a positive sign.
Some of us may have too high expectations as to if the sweat will disappear at all, or when the sweat will disappear, in all of these (and more) cases we have this:
We are exited:
If you misinterpret this stimulus that leads to exitement then you maybe build your own psycho trigger, like you can build up for everything (fear when it is dark, social phobia, etc.) That means, EVERY stimulus (medicaments, fruits, pets etc.) can be a trigger for something psychic (in good and bad directions). In this case it can be self adjusting and getting worse and worse - or better and better.

You can also test it with a simple hevy metal toxicity test, why be anxious all the time when it is easy to check it?

We have these special iontophoresis electrodes for the ones scared of metal electrodes: but believe me, they were only sold a few times a year and were absolutly not worth the work to set them up, although so many are scared from Aluminium or Stainless Steel.
We use medical stainless steel just like the steel used by surgeons, and the Aluminium is highest purity Aluminium.
I had myself a tested after 10 years Stainless Steel Iontophoresis treatments, result: NOTHING.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Sorry, we have no recommendations. Maybe you can find something through ebay? Or ask at your local Drugstore if they have some kit or anything like it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist