Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

My Diary Of My (Hopefully!) Successful Treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
Green

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: My Diary Of My (Hopefully!) Successful Treatment Reply with quote

Hi! Like most people on here I have suffered from excessive sweat for all my life (a good 30years!). And like so many others it is sad to think how much of an impact it has had on me. BUT, looking forward I'm hoping that this may be the answer I have been looking for!

I thought I'd right a blog in case anyone else wanted an account of my treatment and maybe it might help someone else.

I'm currently up to day 10 and am yet to see a reduction (in fact at day 5 my hands were worse than ever, but I have since read that this is normal and actually a good sign Smile )

I am just doing my hands at this stage, and started on the recommended plan of 15mins at 30V/ 90 PC (I have a Hidrex PSP1000), but upped it this morning to 20mins at 50V/90PC and also reduced the water level (I have also read that this has a big impact on success).

I am so wanting this to work. The thought of being "normal" makes me feel so excited (it actually makes my hands sweat thinking about it, LOL!). I will up-date if it does.

Have to go, my hands are making my keyboard wet! Laughing
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is a great idea! Keep us updated on how it goes!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Green

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Almost there! Reply with quote

Day 19 and I'd say my left hand is about 95% dry now and my right 75% (I haven't consciously been keeping track of which red/ black lead I've been using on which hand so maybe this might be why they aren't the same). Still doing 20mins/50V/ 90.

Feeling very excited! But also scared that it won't continue. Since I'm not 100% dry yet I'll keep going for another week before I decide if I need to move on to maintenance.

The skin on my left hand feels tight and looks dry but I'd much prefer this than the alternative! Today someone introduced them self to me and shook my hand and I was so happy my hand was dry and I felt "normal' Laughing .

It makes it all worth it getting up at 4:30am for my daily sessions.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Green,

Thank you for your update! Nice to hear that the results are good! Smile
Concerning the polarity, please take a look to following link: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-often-do-i-have-to-change-the-polarity-t74.html
Let us know how it goes on!

Sweatbegone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great news! I will be watching and waiting for your blogs. I am wanting to place an order myself this week for a Hidrex 1000 machine. Do you only sweat from your hands? Would be interested in knowing how the treatment assists you with feet / arms etc. Thanks for your post and good luck. Very Happy
Green

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sweatbegone. I sweat mainly from my hands and feet, and am generally just a sweaty person elsewhere (underarms/ face etc). I was a bit worried about buying a machine (it is a real investment financially), but for me the selling point of the Hidrex one was the money-back refund that is offered and the online comments others had posted.

As I said in my last post, I'm so hoping I'm a success story and not one of the very few it hasn't worked on.

What I have discovered from my short period at this is that there is a bit of trial & error involved in getting the correct "dosage". I may have mine a bit high as my skin is a bit dry & peel-y now on my hands, but compare that to the alternative and I'd take this any day! I've erred on the high side as I wanted to get results fast before I became disillusioned. I think it might get a bit better once I start the maintenance.

So for me, so far it's working well and worth the money. I'm still not completely dry but am feeling so much more confident every day. I'd like to understand the science a bit more behind it (so I can explain to others!) but sometimes having a bit of faith is just as good.

I'll log in again in a week or so to continue my update. Good luck to you!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear green,
Excess dryness of the upper skin (and cracks, or peeling off) can be a sign of doing too much in a too short time. Because of the fact that we have these really powerful but smooth Iontophoresis machines (those with pulsed current) it is not surprising that both factors combined can cause a slight overdosing in the beginning of the therapy - till you've found your perfect treatment time - and this can lead to excessively dry skin. You can lower the dosage (treatment time or Voltage) or enhance the skin care (which can also be an issue) - we developed a special skin care for this purpose and I am sure you found 2 free samples (sachets) in your machine.... current care should give back the humidity to the upper skin.

Last edited by support on Thu May 21, 2015 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Xg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Green Reply with quote

Hi green,

I just wanted to ask how you are getting on with hidrex psp 1000? I am in the process of treatment and by day 4 I have seem no results yet. I know this is normal.

Thanks[/code]
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Xg,
Don't worry, it's just too early to say that the therapy doesn't work.
Don't give up, carry on.
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-initial-treatment-t326.html
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: