Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

machine strength

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
dont' sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: machine strength Reply with quote

ok...this is probably going to sound like the stupidest question ever, but in terms of the ma settings, if you increase the number does that mean the voltage is higher? for example, i am using my settings currently on 23ma, does this mean that 23 ma is higher / stronger than lets say 15ma, or does is it the other way (e.g. 10ma is stronger than 15ma). just wondering...because i am on 23 ma with a idromed 4 (not pc) and yet it doesn't seem to hurt my hands at all, and i have no irritation...does this still mean it is working? or am i just lucky enough to be not very sensitive? any feedback would be great ta.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, 15ma is higher than 10ma.

Maybe

1: You will have success and just happen to be extremely insensitive to the current.
2: You have no success and the device is possibly defective.

What do you treat? I think only the feet, right? In some cases, when the skin is very thick, this high mA setting is necessary. MilliAmpere settings positively correlate with the thickness of the skin. That is why 1 mA DC can hurt when doing underarm treatments, while 5 mA PC is no problem to withstand. Same with hands. Sweaty feet are normally the part of the body that can withstand the highest current. And a high current is even needed for the feet because of the thick skin.

Maybe you could go to a Podologist and get rid of the horny skin at the feet.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
dont' sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

...i turned it up to 25 ma today...and no i am treating my hands actually. Today it felt a lot more prickly and slightly itchy...but not unbearable at all...maybe i have just not been using it long enough to experience irritation...???? I will keep you updated on how I go. thanks for your quick response.
dont' sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...just wondering ...should it actually HURT me using it at those settings without a PC machine...like if i am only experiencing tingling and itching at 25 ma does this mean that something is not working? plz help me out as a i have no idea what i should be feeling / if it is working etc etc, so far i am seeing no decline in sweat but only done about 8 session consecutively (before kept getting interrupted with treatment so was very sporadic e.g. a day here a day there...whereas now i am doing it consistently everyday for between 20 - 30 mins)
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: "no sweat" Reply with quote

A good question "dont' sweat". I can't see from where I am if everything is ok with the device, but when it claims 25 mA, it should be 25 mA. The idromed is a device you can rely on, so I would trust the display. You can measure it with a multimeter to make sure.

Normally, such a high direct treatment current will hurt everybody, even for the excessive sweating treatment of the hands with 25 mA direct current (only some people can stand 25mA on the feet, and this is only after doing the treatments for half a year).

Maybe you are a "master" in "not feeling any currents"?

Eight treatments with iontophoresis isn't enough to say anything.

Safety Advice: Hands should be treated with iontophoresis only up to 15 mA (recommandation of the Idromed manufactorer).

But after only 8 iontophoresis treatments, it is too early to start worrying about possible failure.

Last edited by support on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 am; edited 4 times in total
dont' sweat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but ok, this kind of worries me if it should hurt everyone at 25 ma, does this mean that maybe im not doing something right with the water levels etc etc...im trying to have the minimum amount of water in it etc...but yea all i feel is a tingle, sometimes slight pain around my fingernails, that's it.
thanks for your reply.
Angel01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: zz Reply with quote

how high is your water level?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend you do further treatments, since after 8 sessions you can't say anything. Usually the "sweat free effect" starts after 10 treatments., but some people can see success after 1 treatment, and others after 50 in a row.

Most of the users have a positive result after anywhere from 5-20 consecutive treatments. Sweating will stop suddenly (in the most cases)
The iontophoresis therapy is highly individual.

Follow the instructions in the manual, then make use of the additional tips in the closed section of these forums. Then, if you see no results after 3 weeks of daily treatments, we will take a look on your settings and sweating problems. We have 8 weeks time to lead you to dryness, so don't worry. I am sure you will have success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: