iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

How to adjust the perfect Pulsed setting for Hidrex PSP1000

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: How to adjust the perfect Pulsed setting for Hidrex PSP1000 Reply with quote

>>> Before you read this, please carefully read the manual of the Hidrex PSP1000. This article does not replace the manual and is only a further guidance to explain how the machine works.<<<

The pulse widt setting that allows you to drive the higherst Voltage level without skin problems or bad current sensations is the always the one to prefer
e.g.: It is better to drive 25 Volts @ 50% pulse than 10 Volts @ 90%

or to make it more clear:

it is better to drive 25 Volts @ 50% pulse than 24 Volts @ 90%

it is even better to drive 25 Volts @ 50% pulse than 25 Volts @ 90% - because the 50% mode is the one that offers the smoother treatmetn for the skin - less skin stress (even if you can´t feel the current in both % stages)

When using the Hidrex PSP1000, please use the Voltage and not the mA setting. The Voltage setting is more accurate and precise. The electric tension is shown in Voltage (V) and the current strength is shown in milliAmpere (mA), both determine how much/high/low the current will be. It´s like a faucet: the waterpressure equals the electric tension and how much you open up the faucet itself (to let the water run) is the current strength. So the water that flows equals the current.
To switch between Volt and mA you simply press the grey button with the two arrows on it. When the LED light beneath the picture of the two arrows (on the left side) does not shine, then you have the electric tension in Volt. Please note that you have to be on the "Setup-Mode" to be able to change this (see p. 12-13 on the manual).

In principle, the Hidrex PSP can reach its maximum output (60 V @ 35 mA) on each pulsewidth. But this also depends on the individual body resistance. If the Hidrex PSP does not reach the maximum V or mA you set it to, then this does not mean that the device is defective, instead it means that your body resistance is too low. In this case, it´s the built-in safety mechanism that was automatically turned on, to prevent the user from getting hurt or burned. So yes, the device recognizes your body resistance (= it senses how high your hands can go)
Example: You have a low body resistance of 1 kOhm and you set the machine to its maximum of 60 Volt (doesnt matter which pulsewidth). When the machine reaches 35 V it stopps there and does not go higher. What happened? The built-in safety mechanism was automatically turned on and prevents the machine from going higher than the 35 V. If the device would go up to 60 V @ 1 kOhm, then it would deliver more than the allowed 35 mA and the final output would be so high, that it would harm the user. At 35 V the machine reaches the allowed maximum of 60 V and therefore the maximum allowed output.

In general, you can increase the current until you feel a slight tingling sensation. It does not matter which pulsewidth or what Voltage setting you have. Here you have to listen to your body, start low and then go slowly higher. Once it hurts, it is a sign that the Voltage is too high, so if you feel pain, immediately lower the Voltage again, until you feel only the tingling!

At 50%-90% pulse width, the current feeling is smooth
At 100% pulse width, the current feeling is strong

SENSITIVE AREAS such as armpits or face:

The next steps are compatible for all treatment areas (hands and feet can begin with higher settings, for this skip to the next break below):

- For sensitive areas like armpits and/or face, please start with 50% pulse widtband with a setting of max. 4 Volt and then increase the Voltage slowly in 1 Volt steps. Do this for only 2 minutes until you slightly start to feel the current. Be careful with the current, to avoid skin irritation or burns. It´s better to start low and slowly go higher, giving your body time to get used to the current, than to start right away with high settings and end up getting hurt!!
- If at any time the current is too strong to handle, take away the armpit pads or the special applicators.
- If you feel a slight current feeling (tingling sensation) and your skin feels and looks fine, then the current is adjusted correctly and you can do another 3 minutes for this first day. You can extend the treatment times for each day in 5 minute steps without a problem, until you reach full 15 min treatment time. This is only an average estimate. If you can only take 5 or 10 minutes, then only do 5 or 10 minutes. If you can take more time, then take more time. But always remember to listen to your body!

ONLY HANDS AND FEET:

The next steps are ONLY recommended for hands and feet treatments!

Be careful with the current, to avoid skin irritation or burns! If you have skin irritations (even if you did not feel the current at all), then that´s a sign that the Voltage is too high. Let the skin regenerate, before resuming the therapy.

For hands you can start at a pulse width of 70%, for feet at a pulsewidth of 90%. This is only a recomendation, you can also begin at another pulsewidth. But remember that it´s better to start with lower settings and then go slowly higher, than being too eager , starting too high and ending up getting hurt!!

Step 1: Choose your desired pulsewidth.

Step 2: Choose the maximum Voltage of 60 V and a therapy time of 5 minutes.

Step 3: Put your hands or feet in the tubs to close the current circuit and to get the machine started.

Step 4: The machine will go slowly from 1 V up. It will probably not reach the maximum of 60 V you had set it up to, but now we know why this happens (take a look at the explanation above). It is more likely that the machine stops earlier.

Step 5: Now, 1 of 3 things (a-c) can happen:

a - The machine is still increasing the Voltage and you start to feel pain. Brake immediately the current circuit by taking out your hands or feet out of the tubs. Check your skin for irritations or burns, if you find any then please let your skin regenerate a day or two before you start another treatment. If there are none, then please follow the next steps:
- Try to remember at which Voltage you were feeling a slight tingling sensation.
- Repeat step 1.
- Repeat step 2. Important: Don´t choose the maximum Voltage of 60 V, instead choose the Voltage at which you were feeling the slight tingling sensation.
- Repeat step 3. Step 4 and 5 will arise automatically.

b - The machine stops at a certain Voltage (probably not at the maximum of 60 V, but we already know why!) and you feel a tingling sensation. If this is the case, then you have found your perfect setting and can now start with the first session. Remember to increase the treatment time for your first session from 5 minutes to 15 minutes (or more).

c -The machine stops at a certain Voltage, but you still don´t feel anything. Please follow the next steps:
- Choose one pulsewidth higher (i.e. if you were at 60%, then choose 70%)
- Repeat step 2.
- Repeat step 3. Step 4 and 5 will arise automatically.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:49 pm; edited 19 times in total
GCT

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Still confuse Reply with quote

I still do not understand this..I am a visual learner. Can you make a video?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just made one today, you should find it at the latest tomorrow on youtube!

Last edited by support on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6XnLsKTs4

jaspa83

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Hi ,

I have one question .

Is it better more intensity and 70% of current or is it better less intensity and 100% current?

I am treating myself 100% current and 30... but if could try 70% and 40 .

What's better?

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Normally it doesn't make sense to increase the pulse width if you're not able to reach / stand the max. current (Volt) that can be delievered with that pulse width.

If with a pulse width of 70% you can't reach the max. voltage that the device can deliver you won't increase the pulse width. If, with a pulse widht of 70% you can reach the max. voltage, you can go on 80%, if with a 80% pulse width you can reach the max. voltage, you can go on 90% and so on.

I hope it's clear!

Last edited by support on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jaspa83

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Results of the test. Reply with quote

Hi , i have psp hidrex 1000.

I have just made the tests , only changing the DC intenisty and setting 60 (max voltage) .

For 90% i can go to 60 V
For 80 % i can go to 48
For 70 % i can go to 37
and so on.

I thought it would be just the opposite , but the real is that for more % of intensity the more i Voltage my body can resist as you can see in my results.

I am thinking that the more % number os not the meaning of more current...

Could you explain this to me?

in any case... due to results of the test i would select the 80% 48V o treat my hands. Is it correct?

Thank you in advance.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This effect is described and explained here

With increased pauses (80% of 60Volts are exactly 48V max. power Output of the machine - in the Maximum value it is still 60 Volts, but in the average value it is only 48 - Hidrex states average current values)

If you can stand higher pulse rates at higher Voltage Settings without any Problems you can go to the next step 90%

Last edited by support on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
jaspa83

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Ok , so better 90% 60 v?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The higher, the better and faster results.

Last edited by support on Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
jaspa83

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you , now i am treating mi hand with 30 minutes per day , 90% 60 V.

It's quite high current if i compare with other guys of the forum...

Is it normal 90% 60 or maybe i am treating my hands with so high current?

I feel that is no problem , and i can support thta currents although the current sensation is quite itchy i feel i can support perfectly. No burnt marks are appeared in my hands.

a part from this : Is it any side-effects of iontophoresis known?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it normal 90% 60 or maybe i am treating my hands with so high current?

Why not? if all is OK, there is nothing against....

iontophoresis side effects

Last edited by support on Mon May 25, 2015 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Xg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Jaspa83 Reply with quote

Hi jaspa83

I just wanted to ask how you are getting on with your treatment? I have just started my treatment with hidrex psp 1000 for four days.

Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-sign-in-for-the-personal-priority-support-t312.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist