Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Painful iontophoresis treatments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Painful iontophoresis treatments Reply with quote

First of all, I am the boy from Romania who ordered 2 weeks ago an Idromed 5 DC.
I've completed 4 sessions till now and everything looks fine, but I have a problem. After the second session an irritation has appeared, more pregnant on the right forearm (I used the + pole to the right hand) which can be described as a lot of tiny itching spots. The water wasn't in contact with the forearm. It was only in contact with the palm and the fingers. Also, I would like to present my current treatment situation...
I am using 1 - 1.2 l of water for my hands, how much I need to cover all the sweating regions and I avoid water reaching the spots in which I don't sweat at all (that's because in the first day I used 2-3 l of water and the contact between water and air on my skin was painful - being on the back of the hand). I am using 5-6 mA for hands and 10-12 mA for feet (for feet I use 1.8- 2l because I also sweat on the sides, in fact even more than in the soles).
If I set the current higher, it becomes painful and that's why I stopped at 5-6 mA for hands and 10-12 mA for feet. (for this amount of water)
I am using warm water, but you told me that this doesn't matter. The treatment time is 15 min.
These are my treatment conditions. I want you to tell me:
1) If these conditions are, generally, good, because I know that this is individual.
2) Is it good to change polarity every 2 sessions? in the book says every 5th session or something like that
3) Also I want an advice regarding the annoying itching of the forearm skin in those many tiny irritated spots (I don't know how to call them in english Very Happy)
4) And one more thing...the nivea creme you said about is the blue one?
Because I want to buy it.
Many regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yes, this is the cream, you can cover these spots with the cream, but it isn't common, to get such a skin irritation. I don't know what's up with these spots, because you said the water wasn't in contact with them.
Q:
Are these spots water filled (blisters)?
So was there a contact at the first time treatment, you´ve said that you used there more water.

For the first these settings are good, dont worry (with the pc model you had no problems going to to the max current the device can produce) - so if it doesn't work we may have to exchange the dc against a pc model in the future. You may go lower with the current, the skin will get used to it so you can go higher and higher.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Tue May 07, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right...now I realize that in the first time treatment the forearm skin got in contact with the water on a small region...because I used aprrox. 3 l of water and I kept my hands on a low angle...I noticed after that that in order to avoid as much as possible water contact even with the wrist, I have to keep my hands at a high angle, but this doesn't matter at all right now because now I use few water.
These spots are not blisters...but I think that in a few days they will all be gone Very Happy...in fact I already notice a diminish of them...so it was probably my fault...in the first time treatment.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinks that's it. If not, please reply.

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I will show an overview of my treatment.
I have already made 16 sessions of 15 min by now (one session daily) and I noticed alleviations of my hyperhidrosis symptoms.

You were right when you said that the skin will get used to the current so you can go higher and higher. I gradually increased the current because my skin became more and more resistant to the current and in the last 2 treatment sessions I reached 12 mA for hands and 18 mA for feet.

As for the water level, I use the same:
- only to cover the sweating spots for the hands (1 mm under the finger nails)
- for the feet I use more water because I also sweat on the sides, in fact even more than in the soles.
I also mention that I switch polarity every 2 sessions.

I noticed that the current is stronger if I keep my hands or foot floating a bit (a few mm between the skin and the grids) and the strongest level is a little beneath the contact between water and air.

Now, the alleviations of the symptoms are present especially at hands, and started appearing after the 10-11th session.
Starting from the 11th session, I noticed that it got better and better Very Happy
Let's say that at a certain emotion, before I started iontophoresis, in 5-10 sec my hands were very wet. Now, at the same emotion, in 5-10 sec my hands only get a little wet (if I look closer I notice that a lot of tiny water drops appear), and If the emotion persists, I get my hands very wet only after 30-40 sec. So, the sweat comes out 3-4 times less in the same amount of time.
1) I want you to tell me if this improvement is normal or not.

2) If I continue the treatment properly in the same way, and maybe I will even reach 13-14 mA for hands and 20 mA or more for feet, will I get a 100% relief in palm sweating?

I also saw on the forum that you said "All of a sudden you'll find that the sweating has, seemingly miraculously, completely stopped."
3) So, after a certain session, will I notice that even in stressful situations, I won't sweat at all? It looks indeed miraculously Very Happy
And if so, does this happen starting from the same day after the session or starting from the next day?

Many regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is all normal, I think in 7-8more sessions you will reach the 0 sweating level, in some cases the sweat goes by step by step in some cases sudden.

Quote:
1) I want you to tell me if this improvement is normal or not.

2) If I continue the treatment properly in the same way, and maybe I will even reach 13-14 mA for hands and 20 mA or more for feet, will I get a 100% relief in palm sweating?

I also saw on the forum that you said "All of a sudden you'll find that the sweating has, seemingly miraculously, completely stopped."
3) So, after a certain session, will I notice that even in stressful situations, I won't sweat at all? It looks indeed miraculously
And if so, does this happen starting from the same day after the session or starting from the next day?

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings.
If I make for hands 30 mins daily treatments (15 mins: left hand + and right hand - and after that 15 mins: left hand - and right hand +)
will I achieve faster results?
I ask this because yesterday I made the 20th session and it is still the same and I was wondering if I should extend the daily treatment time.
Many regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , the result is faster if you do more and stronger treatments.

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The mA settings are: 13 mA for hands and 22 mA for feet.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat hends and feet together + pole to the feet max mA you can stand...

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I did as you said (hands and feet together and + pole to the feet) but I have a problem. Although I used 22 mA, I didn't feel the current so much, in fact I had only a very slight tingling sensation. I think I could even stand 25 mA without problems.
For hands I felt the current as it was 11-12 mA and for the feet I felt the current as it was 17-18 mA.
So, I am thinking that the current may be divided some way...for example I use X mA for treating hands and feet together (hands - pole and feet + pole). And for the hands let's say there will be Y mA. I think it is normal that the sum of the currents I feel in each hand < 2*Y but I suppose that this sum is certainly > Y.
I would be grateful if you'd explain me how does it happen with this current division for both hands OR both feet placed in the same tray at a X mA intensity.
Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, go ahead with the mA.

It is because of the current flow.. so this is really complicated, to understand it properly you maybe have to study medicine and electricity.

Wink

I know why, but I think it is not really worth explaining it - sorry but this would take too long...

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will go ahead with the mA.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya

the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I will show an overview of my treatment so far. After the first 23 treatments, I did 10 treatments like you said (hands and feet together with the + pole to the feet and the - pole to the hands, 30 mins daily).
I used 23-24 mA...in the last 4 sessions 24 mA.
I noticed the following improvements:

1) at feet I don't sweat anymore on the curves of the soles (I think it is normal because the skin is thinner) and between the toes. Under the toes I still sweat, but less, and on the rest of the feet and on the sides I still sweat (70-80% than before).

2) at hands...I don't sweat anymore in the center of the palms (in fact, 100% dry for the right hand and 80-90% dry for the left hand).
I still sweat at the joint between the big finger and the rest of the palm.
My fingers sweat much less than before (10-15% max), but the fingertips, especially under the nails still sweat a lot (although I use the water level to reach exactly under the nails, so these spots are covered).
The big problem is that I still sweat a lot on the palms edges (bottom edge for both hands and right edge for the left palm and left edge for the right palm). Here, when I have emotions, the sweating comes out harder
(it's like a river passing through a dam). First, tiny water spots appear, but if the emotions continue, in a short time the rest of the sweat comes out pretty faster and I notice that my hands become wet in this places (70-80% than before).

Further more, I noticed that after doing a daily treatment, in 15-20 mins after the treatment, my hands tend to sweat and at little stress or small emotions, my hands become a little wet (not much, excepting the sides which get wet).
But in the next day I don't have this feeling any more (that my hands tend to sweat) and my hands are dryer and I feel more comfortable.
I would like you to advise me what to do next, if I should continue in the same way or change something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just increase the time.... if you can up to an hour, lower the water in the foot trays till they cover the mesh + 0.3 cm , keep on doing this for 14 days....

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I did 12 more treatments and in each day I tried to do like you told me: 1 hour. But I couldn't do that Sad because each time I was having the next situation: after the first 15 min session, I had no problem, after the next 15 min session it appeared a few blisters and cracks which I covered with nivea cream. It felt a little painful but tolerable. But the next 15 min session was quite painful (not in the areas where I put nivea cream, but I got blisters and cracks in other places and the last 5 min of the treatment were quite painful in some areas).
This was probably at first because I did treatments at 24 mA...after that in the next days I did at 23 mA and in the last 5 treatments even at 22 mA.
So I couldn't do 1 hour daily treatments, doing only 45 min daily treatments.

Now, I will my present an overview of my condition so far:

- For the hands I don't sweat anymore in some areas (middle of the palms, fingers and one more). I only sweat on the fingertips, between the thumb and the rest of the hand and still on the palms edges Sad .
The sweating comes out even harder...at small emotions I don't sweat anymore but If I have a stressful situation, the sweating comes out harder in these areas but after it comes a little, in very short time the rest of the sweating comes out pretty faster and when I look at my hands I notice that the edges become wet.
Another thing...2 days ago I noticed that I have sweated just a little here, even in stressful situations and I was so glad and I thought I finally beated my hyperhidrosis, I got so close but after the next treatment it looks like I made some steps back because I sweated more Sad .
Unless you tell me something else, I will continue in the same way because I know that one day everything will be just fine Very Happy but what really makes me angry is that I have a medium form of hyperhidrosis...not a severe one and I am really unlucky if I didn't achieve the desired results by now...still I am optimistic and I know it will be OK in the end...

Now I will ask you a few questions because probably I go wrong somewhere:

1) In some areas I still notice the white stripes which remained from the AlCl gel I used 2 months ago for the last time. This looks really weird, I know, because normally after 2-3 weeks all the Aluminium should have wiped out, but I think that maybe after I started the iontophoresis therapy, the minerals in the water "pushed it back" or blocked the pores leaving the Aluminium there in the impossibility of getting out.
I am really confused and I am thinking...could this affect the results of the iontophoresis treatment in any way? (especially because no one knows exactly how it works)

2) When I do the treatment I don't keep my hands still, I move them a little during the therapy. Is it bad? (this question has a link with the next one)

3) Do I have to keep my hands on the grids? I hold them mostly
floating a few mm over the grids because I feel the current flow stronger and implicitly I move them frequently.

4) Between each 2 sessions of 15 mins I change the water because I know it suffers a small demineralization. Is this good?

5) I also keep my hands in the trays crossed like in the 'X' letter because the table where I do the treatment for hands (under it I keep the tray for the feet) has a moderate height and it feels more comfortable to do in this way instead of keeping my hands with the wrist on the tray side and keeping my hands not relaxed.
Is this bad?

- For the feet...I don't sweat at all on the curves of the soles, between the toes and under the toes. In the rest, I still sweat but harder than before. I still sweat bad in the place behind, where the skin is the thickest (the most resistant part of the foot - I don't know how it is called in english).

One more thing: I would greatly appreciate any tips/tricks for my hands sweating (the palms edges especially).
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions. But before: how high is the water that you can float the hands?

Do you add salt in the water?
Is the water is cold or hot?
Maybe it would be better to take a pulsed current device - Should we exchange it ?

For the alcl I don't really have an idea... it should go away by washing the hands.

For the stressed situation: you have to do some mental training ... try to keep calm and relaxed...

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. The water for the hands is 700-800 ml and it reaches at the level of the nails. Floating in my case means 0.1-0.3 cm except the fingers which I keep still on the grids.
I don't add salt in the water.
The water is usualy warm, but sometimes at the room temperature.
I don't think I need for now a pulsed current device as long as I can handle 30 mins at hands with the - pole at 23-24 mA...but indeed 45 mins is pretty difficult because the last 15 mins become harder to tolerate and I need to use nivea cream in some spots before doing the last 15 mins.
For the AlCl I am very confused...I don't know what to say...I hope it hasn't anything to do with the treatment...
Is it possible for example not to work properly if I treat hands and feet together but to work properly If I treat them separately?
What really makes me nervous is that I don't have a severe Hyperhidrosis, but a moderate one and in a lot of situations I am calm and relaxed.

But for example, when I hold a girl's hand at a dance or when I hold a girl's hand and walk with her in a park in a summer with 35-40 degrees outside, it is simply impossible not to think at my hyperhidrosis and to stay calm and relaxed! Sad
If it worked on 98% of the people, I am sure it will work for me as well in the end...it has to...I can't be so unlucky to be part of the 2%, especially because I have indeed some areas where I don't sweat anymore, despite the stress.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water level is too high .
Reduce the water level to 500 ml, covers the grid about 3 mm.

Try this for better success at the fingertips:
put in a thick towel , then lay your hands onto that towel, don't make such things like floating the hands...

Callused skin is so thick: use a scraper and rub down the thick skin after a warm footbath...

You don't have to change the water.

to 5 this isn't important.

Quote:
But for example, when I hold a girl's hand at a dance or when I hold a girl's hand and walk with her in a park in a summer with 35-40 degrees outside, it is simply impossible not to think at my hyperhidrosis and to stay calm and relaxed!

You are right, but if she really is interested it doesnt really matter, believe me. But I know it is hard to get in contact when you are not self-secure.

So tell her you are so exited when you are around her, that you have now these terrible wet hands
Wink

the unlucky 2% are mostly those who break the therapy after a too short a time, or who can't stand the current . (phobia)[/quote]

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to tell you something: The grids are a little curved and I use them in a convex shape and not concave. Probably it doesn't matter but I want to make sure I tell you every detail.

The thick towel should be layed in over the grids, right?
Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this doesnt matter
sure the towel over the grid...

the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I have put 500 ml water in the trays and made sessions at 19 mA because of the water level, and 3 sessions ago it was really better because I was dry in a few areas in which I sweated before and I thought that after a few more sessions I would finally beat my Hyperhidrosis, but for the last sessions, I used 16-17 mA because of the blisters and it looks like I made some steps back Sad and also, I think that this is too low for the feet which can otherwise handle over 20 mA without problems.

I am seriously thinking to start treating hands and feet separately for a couple of reasons:

1) Now I am in the Easter holiday and although it will be twice time consuming, being in a holiday, I will be able to do this without problems.
2) I have read a couple of forums about iontophoresis and I saw very few people that in the build-up period, treated hands and feet together, and I am thinking that this may be the cause for which I didn't get 100% results by now.
3) Also, the treatment will be more adequate. This is the most serious reason, because for example, if I can handle at my feet 23 mA at the + pole and at hands only 17 mA at the - pole, when I am treating them together I must choose the 17 mA setting and this won't be sufficient for the feet.

I swear that when I will reach the desired dryness level, I will post a great success story and you will start having customers from Romania which will order the device, because some of them already told me on yahoo messenger that if I will reach the desired results, they will also order a DC or PC device, and for the rest of them, I will post messages on Romanian forums about Hyperhidrosis and I will hope to convince them.

Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may try it any way that you want, sometimes it is better to treat hands and feet seperately.
Once again I think that you could have a better success with a pulsed current device. Should we exchange it ?

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I think you are right, I will probably have a better success with a pulsed current device. But right now my parents don't have the money difference, and when they will have it, it would be pretty difficult for me to convince my parents to change it with the PC device because they are dissapointed regarding the results by now, especially because I told them before buying the device a lot of wonderful things, the success rate of 98% etc.
I hardly convinced them to buy this one, because they didn't understand why was the price "so big". I don't have the same opinion but...what can I do?
If it were for me, to be on my own salary, I would have bought the PC device from the beggining...

But if I don't achieve the results after a few more sessions, I will tell them and try to convince them (it will be pretty hard) but I will definitely try.

Kind regards.
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. According to the post: only certain areas are dry:
"so a tip when you got spots that work and others will not: lay over the grids a big washcloth that covers the whole hand/feet, a thick towel will have the same effect", if I will do this, will I have faster success in the areas where I still sweat?
I saw that you already told me this tip but for the fingertips. Does it work for the rest of the palms too?

Also, is there any way in which I could make the current flow lower in some areas and bigger in others?
(for example putting a few little towels with different sizes over the grids such that they cover only the sweaty areas)
I ask this because some areas of my hands and feet are 100% dry and the skin cracks a little and I got blisters, although I use nivea cream. And it simply doesn't make sense for the current to reach there being 100% dry areas.
So the idea would be to focus more current in the sweaty areas and little current in the rest.

King regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Greetings. According to the post: only certain areas are dry:
"so a tip when you got spots that work and others will not: lay over the grids a big washcloth that covers the whole hand/feet, a thick towel will have the same effect", if I will do this, will I have faster success in the areas where I still sweat?
I saw that you already told me this tip but for the fingertips. Does it work for the rest of the palms too?

Also, is there any way in which I could make the current flow lower in some areas and bigger in others?
(for example putting a few little towels with different sizes over the grids such that they cover only the sweaty areas)
I ask this because some areas of my hands and feet are 100% dry and the skin cracks a little and I got blisters, although I use nivea cream. And it simply doesn't make sense for the current to reach there being 100% dry areas.
So the idea would be to focus more current in the sweaty areas and little current in the rest.

the effect the towel should have is to spread the current better to all areas

If you have problems with cracks you may put cream on the skin there before the treatment, so you can increase the resistance in these areas. The others that still sweat will be getting more current then...

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I will present another overview of my treatment so far...
I started 2 weeks ago to treat hands and feet separately, not together, and this was the key to success Very Happy Very Happy

1) For the feet...it is wonderful Very Happy ...after only 5-6 days I reached approx. 100% on the soles, I only sweat a little on the back of the heels but it is simply insignificant. I think I reached this dryness level because I used 450-500 ml of water and I treated my soles for 45 mins daily at approx. 20 mA. I already did 2 maintenance treatments...once every 4 days...I did the second one yesterday. I am afraid to increase the time interval because I don't want to risk any relapse...especially because the summer comes. By the way, I notice something strange...but it doesn't bother me...when I come back home and I get my sport shoes off (I wear only 100% cotton socks and good adidas), I have my socks a little wet...certainly less than before...but when I try the autosuggestion method, no matter how intense I think of it, I have my soles approx. 100% dry, of course I sweat a lot on the sides but it is normally because I used a low water level...and I could treat the sides also but it doesn't really bother me...maybe I'll treat the sides also after 4-5 months when the summer will pass.

2) For the hands...it is wonderful Very Happy...after 12 days of 45 mins daily at 13-15 mA, with 550 ml of water, I finally reached 100% dryness on the palm edges...it simply came suddenly Very Happy WOW I couldn't believe it...I was just astonished...one day before I sweated normally, harder of course, but still sweated. And after one day, 100% sweat free on the palm edges Very Happy.
Because the water level was low, 550-600 ml of water, I sweat normally in the areas where the water didn't reach (top of the fingers...more than just fingertips, between fingers, between the thumb and the rest of the palm and more than half of the thumb...the part that wasn't in the water).
To treat those areas too I need 900 - 1000 ml of water.
Should I start treating with 900-1000 ml of water? And probably I will be able to reach higher currents...16-18 mA or more...

Soon, when everything will be OK, I will post a great success story at the success board, I promise. I am so happy to know that it really works!!! Very Happy

Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your case try to go higher with the water level at the feet and the hands, appr. the double content of what you take now. Do this once more initially, then take a look and see what is up with the soles, maybe you must use alternating levels with high and 1 with low water.

Sorry it took so long to answer, but I don't see when you post a new topic.. It is strange, the other users I see at first sight, then the new post button is yellow, not in your case ... somehow strange.

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I will do as you said and increase the water level to 1000-1100 ml of water, but I will do this just for the hands for now...I will do the same for the feet, but after a few months because now the exams are approaching and I don't have much free time...so for the feet I will keep doing a 45 mins treatment once every 4 days with 500 ml of water and for the hands I will start using 1000-1100 ml of water.

Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck !

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I used 1100 ml of water for the hands and 3 days ago I reached 100% dryness in some of those areas too: between the fingers, on the fingertips and on the part between the thumb and the rest of the palm. I still sweat on the top of the thumb and now I sweat a little on the back of the fingers and that's why in the last 3 days I used 1500 ml of water.
But these areas (the top of the big finger and the back of the fingers) bother me less than the others and now I am seriously thinking not to treat them anymore and to protect as much as possible the 100% dry areas (around 90-95% of the hands), especially because I can consider the few sweating areas a breach for the sweat.
When I have stress conditions, the sweat is produced and it gets out somewhere...i noticed for example at a partial exam that I was 100% dry in all the areas except those 2 which I spoke before, and I am afraid that if I will reach 100% dryness in those 2 areas too, at a next big stress, the sweat might break somewhere and I will start sweating a lot there.
So the problem might be compensatory sweating and I am afraid of it.

1) So, my question is the following:
because those 2 areas don't bother me too much, shall I leave them untreated and keep them as a breach for the sweat? Or is it safe to treat them too?

Also, I would like you to tell me a maintenance schedule...I was thinking to alternate levels in the following way: for example, in a day 45 mins with 600 ml water, after 4 days 45 mins with 1100 ml of water, after another 4 days 45 mins with 600 ml of water and so on.
Of course, the 4 day interval is just an example...it can be 2,3,5 or more.
And if the sweat comes out, even a tiny little point of sweat in a place, I will automatically do a maintanance treatment in that day.
Also, I want to have a no-risk maintenance schedule, meaning the following thing: for example if I will need a 10 day interval, I will choose a 7-8 day interval and if I need a 7 day interval, I will choose a 5-6 day interval, just to be sure that I will NEVER have to do the built-up period once again.

2) But this is just my opinion...I would like you to tell me if this is good and if not, to suggest me another maintenance schedule.

Soon, I will post a great success story Very Happy

Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll respond tomorrow ---

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings. I reached partial dryness in those 2 areas too and I will stop at this state (around 95% of the areas dry).
As for the maintenance schedule, I am thinking now to do in the following way: for example, in a day 45 mins with 600 ml of water, after 4 days 1 hour in the following way: 30 mins with 1100 ml of water and 30 mins with 1500-1600 ml of water, after another 4 days again 45 mins with 600 ml of water, after another 4 days 1 hour: 30 mins with 1100 ml of water and 30 mins with 1500-1600 ml of water and so on...
Of course, the 4 day interval is just an example...it can be 2,3,5 or more.

Is this maintenance schedule basicaly good? And if not, I would like you to tell me a good maintenance schedule.

Also, I want to have a no-risk maintenance schedule, meaning the following thing: for example if I will need a 10 day interval, I will choose a 7-8 day interval and if I need a 7 day interval, I will choose a 5-6 day interval, just to be sure that I will NEVER have to do the built-up period once again.

Please reply soon.
Kind regards.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it highlights!!

You can do this as you mentioned.

It looks paractical in theory. But if it is practical in real life you'll see by trying.

You don't have to do the whole initial therapy once again if you start to sweat more be cause of too long a break.

Would you please you give me a long success post?

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
the_chosen_one

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings.
Sure, I will post a long message at the success board, but after 3-4 maintenance treatments. And also, I will try to convince people from Romania on our forums about hyperhidrosis to buy these wonderful devices (DC or PC).
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: