Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Thanks to iontophoresis I am DRY!!!!!!

MattR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Thanks to iontophoresis I am DRY!!!!!! Reply with quote

To explain my condition would be what I consider extreme. I’ve had this condition since I was a kid and can remember; I’m 44. Because of my nature I dealt with it and have never let it stop me from doing anything. I always played sports, attended events, had girlfriends, and even have a very successful sales career and have accepted this as part of who I am. For the most part if you were around me I eventually would say something myself about it. But people have no idea what a nightmare it is to have though. I have always imagined how great I could be and how great I could do presentations if I didn’t have this HUGE disadvantage!! The list goes on I could tell all the stories of things I’ve done. I’ve put wads of paper towels under my dress shirts in my armpits before meetings. I’m unable to hold my bank deposit note in line after I filled it out without destroying it before I get to the teller. I drive with a towel in my hand. My whole life is about revolving towels and handkerchiefs. Most people know me as having a handkerchief in my hand. I’m what they call a ‘dripper’ on this site… my hands literally drip after 30-45 seconds. Feet and armpits are just as bad, soaked! By mid-day everyday I’m wearing a coat and my armpits are soaked all the way down to my pants. When I travel I have to bring three times the clothes because I change clothes and shoes three times a day and It still doesn’t work I’m still soaked the whole time with a handkerchief in my hand. Ever had salt coming from out of your black leather dress shoes from the sweat inside??!! When I get it bad (which is almost every day) I also get it bad around my belly button and between my legs and on my upper lip. Most the time I can’t write so I have a good memory and write things down later where I can put a towel under my hand and write correctly. Needless to say though I still do a pretty good job of hiding it, and have all the tricks like everyone on here I’m sure has.
The worst part of my condition BY FAR was traveling and business trips. I go on a lot of really cool trips with my job, and while everyone else is having fun I am going through my own personal nightmare.

I have gone through several periods in my life where I really sought help. Every time it was a joke. Botox, surgery... things I know and have read that don’t work. I live in one of the furthermost Medical cities in the US, where even our main University (think Pac 10) is a medical University, and they had never EXPERIENCED anyone with my condition. Frustratingly they would say they treat it, but when I finally talked to anyone about it they had not actually treated an individual with Hyperhidrosis. I spent $700 once getting a blood test and the overweight Dr told me maybe I could try eating natural foods??!! I could have spent that money on this machine. I finally prayed really hard one day after a really bad business trip where my sweating was extremely bad. I asked God to really help me (this is not a first for me I pray all the time), and the next week I found this site. One thing that really helped me (outside the forum where I found people like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), was that ironically I came across another user of the site and by his post I could tell he lived in the same city I lived in here in the US. I emailed him and he emailed me back and I had a local friend who had the same thing I did!!!!!!!!! We emailed each other several times and he really helped me with my concerns and some questions I had about the machine. He had been dry for over a year and this was really helpful. I would suggest reaching out to others!!

I was about 70% dry after about 2 sessions, but at some point during the day my sweating would come back although lighter. After 10-11 sessions I was completely dry. I am so happy and am still experiencing what it’s like to be dry. I’m writing this at 11am at my desk at work, and I’ve had two large coffees and normally by this time have a sweaty handkerchief with two more ‘drying’ over my bag under my desk. Today at 11am I am still bone dry…socks, shirt, hands everything!!!!! I am still doing it everyday and have not started ‘maintenance’ yet. I am touching everything. I have been driving with dry hands and I just keep feeling my steering wheel and how awesome it is. To be able to stand in line today getting my lunch and I’m reading my phone with dry hands – how amazing! I want to tell everyone on here that is dealing with Hyperhidrosis that I have it SO bad… I drip constantly. I read on here and haven’t found anyone that has it any worse than I do…. and I am here to tell you I am DRY!!!!!! My wife is so excited and I have a new 8 week old son that I can’t wait to hold his hand through life – literally!!!

A few notes about my therapy. I would trust the settings on the machine and start off with a lighter setting and push it higher as you go along. I started at the highest settings because I was so anxious after I finally got the machine, and I gave myself a small blister on my right foot the very first session. As I learned about the machine and my body/thresholds the first few sessions I had to do my therapy with this blister and use vasoline to pack/cover the blister or it stings (like the forum here says the current goes at the wound more intense). This made doing my feet very uncomfortable from session #2 through session #10 and cleaning the tray that I used vasoline on my foot made the process longer. The only challenge with this therapy is the time consumption. It took me about 1.5 to 2 hours to do a session on my hands/feet/arms and clean up. I had to cut back my exercise by 50% that first initial week because I would get off work and between working out and therapy it would take me all evening. I switched my daily workouts to every other day so that I only had to do both (workout and therapy) every other day and this made it better. I would be patient and get used to using the machine – although it is very simple it takes a few sessions to figure it out and get to where it’s routine. My therapy would have been a little easier if I hadn’t given myself the blister the first session. I am a little different my feet are more sensitive relatively than my hands. I was able to do the highest settings on my hands and armpits right off the bat, but on my feet I had to go 5mA lower than the highest setting after I got the blister. I also wouldn’t use too much water. I was able to get this right from the start. I use 4 cups of water in each tray (I have the Idromed) which is 950 ml. Markus said to use 800 ml but the 950 seems to work for me I have large feet. One other thing is that my sweating on my belly and between my legs has stopped as well. I guess my feet/hands/arms would help to trigger this. When I work out I notice I sweat more on my head and forehead (like a normal person though) – it almost seems my system has balanced out to what a normal person has experiences? (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
MattR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: 17 days Reply with quote

I am on 17 days now and I'd say I'm 100% dry. Until yesterday I may sweat a little on my armpits. I haven't had sweaty hands in over a week. I don't even use handkerchiefs now and have been throwing them away!! I am going on a 3 day trip after my 20th session and after much thought I am not going to bring my machine. I am going to see what happens those three days. Right now (after 17 sessions) my feet and hands are 100% dry and my armpits and 95% dry. Once a day my armpits will 'go off' but only about 30% of what they used to be and then I'll go back to dry. Something tells me I'm days away from them being 100% dry. I can't believe this my life is completely changing!!!!!!! It's amazing how warm I am now without having wet shirts and socks.
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's almost been a month for me and i haven't had too much results. a bit more dry but still not what I want.

how long do you do the treatments? and how frequent?

thanks
MattR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do 30 minutes each on all three: arms/hands/feet. I do that once a day. Today will be day 18 and I just went to the grocery store and did shopping and got coffee and never brought a handkerchief with me/didn't sweat. This is a first for me my wife couldn't believe it. Usually mornings are the worst for me. I would contact Markus on this site and give him a summary of what you are doing. I have Hyperhidrosis extremely bad...I usually DRIP in all three of those areas and am thoroughly soaked after one hour of my day, so if this can work for me I'm convinced it is the solution. I think it is very specific for each individual, somewhat like working out/exercising. That's why this works so well because you are doing it yourself with your own equipment similar to a home exercise routine. I work out every day using a bicycle and situps/pushups all at home so I treat this the same I get home frm work and do therapy and try to improve everyday similar to a daily workout routine. I haven't started maintenance yet. I am going to see what happens on this 3 day trip without the device. I may have to do every day therapy for a week+ when I get home before I feel safe enough to skip days.

I would contact Markus, add time to your therapy, and check the water levels - those seem to be what I see on here most. You may have to increase your intensity/mA's but I would be careful doing that you can give yourself a blister and although it might seem small at first it ends up being a pain and uncomfortable as you do therapy. You don't want open sores it makes the therapy actually sting. Your skin is really important to keep intact and healthy with this. Feel fee to contact me, but as far as dialing in your therapy everyone is different and I would contact Markus.
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. I already got a blister on my left hand on one of my fingers, it makes the treatments a lot harder to do. Just wondering, do you treat your hands and feet at the same time? I've only been doing 15 minutes a day on both hands and feet separately. Maybe it's time I increase it to 30.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the blister, you can try to cover it - what to use for covering spots that hurt during Iontphoresismaybe it is a good idea to ajust the water height for Iontophoresis again.
As for the simultaneous treatment:
this is a theme if you are in a special range of roundabout 50/100 and 100/100 % current strength hands to feet.
This means if you treat feet with 20mA and hands with 15mA (or volt) treating simultaneously with Iontophoresis might lead you to lower treatment times compared with doing hands and feet Iontophoresis one after the other.

If you want to treat below the 50% line, this can be critical concerning the success, the more distance between the current strength of feet and hands, the nearer you get to the "non success threshold border".

Falling under this "magic current border" that brings you initial succcess - the Iontophoresis threshold border for initial success - will result in non success, no matter how long you treat. Mostly this threshold is different for each area you want to treat, so it is another thing if you treat thin skin (facial Iontophoresis) or thick skin (Iontophoresis for the feet), same for sweaty armpits, and so on.

As long you are above this individual threshold you really can save time, but this is highly individual and can be a time saving of 50% down gradually to zero, you have to try and check this...

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:51 am; edited 8 times in total
MattR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not understanding what the support email says above I think it's lost in translation. I don't know what they mean by 50% line.

I have been doing 30 minutes on each. I do two 15 minute sessions on each of the three areas (hands/feet/arms). The blister is a pain but take it from my experience just keep putting vasoline on it before therapy and you won't feel it and IT WILL CONTINUE TO HEAL EVERY DAY WHILE YOU DO THERAPY - I was worried about this because at first it seemed like it wasn't healing. The therapy didn't stop the blister from healing and after 4 or 5 days I was back to normal. I didn't take time off therapy or lessen the current when I had the blister I kept going like normal. I'm actually glad it happened because it taught me how imprtant it is to keep your skin intact. I fear getting a big paper cut on my hand now the first thing I will think is how it's going to feel in therapy!!

It is time consuming but I am happy with the success. When I go to the maintenance period I am going to keep with the same time/current but just go to days off instead of attempting less therapy time. Maybe I will do this down the road, but for now I just accept it as a necessary time comsumption just like when you are exercising. I'd like to cut down on my exercise time as well but I don't think that will bring me results. Instead as I get more fit and keep myself fit it allows me to take days off in between (meaning I don't just cut my workouts in half I'd rather just have the next day off). My goal is to do therapy every 2 or 3 days and workout on days I am not doing therapy. I am going to try to get to that point before I try to lessen my therapy's potency. It's also very similar to working out it gets easier as you do it and it fits into your schedule easier the more you do it.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50% current strength for the Hands compared to the feet
e.g.
Hands 10mA
Feet 20 mA

Below 10 mA for the Hands and 20 for the feet you are under 50%.

As we state in the link above about Vaseline, there are better Options to cover spots or Blisters when doing Iontophoresis sessions ...

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:51 am; edited 6 times in total
MattR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did buy some Nivea cream and my wife stole it!!! I will try that I haven't been having problems with the vasoline but if Nivea is better I can try that. Nivea seems as thick as vasoline so it seems like it would work. Thanks
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support wrote:
50% current strenght for the Hands compared to the feet
e.g.
Hands 10mA
Feet 20 mA

below 10 mA for the Hands and 20 for the feet you are under 50%

as we state in the link above bout Vaseline, there are better Options to cover spots or Blisters when doing iontophoresis sessions ...

I'm not sure I understand, but are you saying if I am treating above 50% (I do 15 ma hands 25 ma feet), it will be more effective to do simultaneous treatments? Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the post above is a bit hard to understand and is not worded out in full.

I will evaluate and write a detailed post about this issue but this takes time...

In short: yes you are above 50% when doing 15/25 (50% would be 12,5 in your case).

We know the + pole is more effective for Iontophoresis. Calculated we can say: 40/60 efectiveness minus/pole
for this you can lay the + electrode to the feet as your hands only need 15 mA

If you treat both, hands and feet the treated area (skin) is factor 1,5 bigger than doing it alone.

This means:
you treat at full power 25 mA for feet, this is lowered through the bigger skin areas with the factor 1,5 so it is calculated 16,6 mA - this is wided through the + pole by 20%, means you have a calculated active power of 20 mA for the feet compared to the state before.
For the hands it would mean that it is also 16,6mA calculated and lowered through the - pole, again 20%, this is calculated Iontophoresis power of 13,2 mA

As you can see, both calculated factors are below the seperate settings (because you treat at full power).

Let's say both rates are ABOVE your personal Iontophoresis threshold (you have to exceed to get initially dry - being below that line you may treat till the end of your days continually without having the sweat free effect), you will definately save time, but normally you maybe have to prolong the treatment times or the treatment frequency to a factor of 25% to reach a calculated Iontophoresis power of 25 mA for the feet (20 mA calculated + 25% time/ or frequency rate to equalize this).

If you are below 20 mA there is nothing to worry about and you can treat hands and feet at the same time ( half of the time doing it seperately) without worrying that it might be not as effectice as seperate Iontophoresis treatments.

However, lower currents can be balanced out through longer treatments or more treatments a week (frequency).

I hope this is understandable?

Last edited by support on Tue May 07, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I do simultaneous treatments (full power) with plus pole on feet, and minus on hands the treatment will be 20mA feet and 13.2 mA on my hands, correct?

Is '20 mA feet, 13.2 mA hands for 30 minutes simultaneously' more powerful than '25 mA feet, 15 mA hands for 15 minutes separately' ?

Thank you
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you've got it, this is how the story works:

Feet :
20x30 (mAxmin) = 600
25x15 =375

Sure 20*30 is more than 25*15.

Same for the hands.

If you treated 3 times a week 25 mA *15 min you have a Iontophoresis power of 3*375=1125 brought to the skin.

In a week you can also do 2 times 20mA*30min, this is 2*600= 1200
so with 2 times 30 min @ 20mA you get more Iontophoresis power to the skin than with 15 min @ 25mA 3 times a week.

This is all calculated and can differ highly in your personal therapy setup, bio rhythm and so on.
It should give you an idea of how Iontophoresis works and can be setup to keep the treatment times as low as possible with the most comfortable settings possible (and for this a pulse current is one of the basics to start with , and a powerful pulsed current is the key to low treatment times and the key to breaking your Iontophoresis threshhold level).
Also, not every pulsed current is the same, there are big differences in frequency, rc-resistors, equalizing levels, so make sure that you always get a device that fits also professional needs, Hidrex invented the Iontophoresis therapy with pulsed current and all studies up to date about the theme Hidrex devices were taken in the setups... we would recommend keeping away from any mid - or bad frequency devices with single or multiple 9V power supplies, Hidrex has up to 60@30mA and Idromed up to 72@25mA iontophoresis power... (4*9V=36V)

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very informative, thank you. What would you advise about polarity switching with simultaneous treatments? Should it still be done every 5 treatments?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--> switching polarity during Iontophoresis sessions is not in every case needed or usefull.

Last edited by support on Sun May 17, 2015 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I did my first simultaneous treatment today, hope it works better.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us updated!

MattR

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from my planned trip and didn't bring my machine. I went four whole days without treatment and I didn't sweat the entire trip. I was so amazed I couldn't believe it. So in summary I got the machine and went 20 days once a day and was dry after about day 10. After the first twenty days I had to go on a trip for four days and I was dry the whole time. I am now back and I'm going to first try doing every other day for awhile and then try every three days. I can't believe I have a life without sweating!! During my trip I had over 30 meetings with business owners shaking hands and going over paperwork etc... and it was so incredible to be able to use my hands!
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for you man, enjoy your new hands/feet. Hope I know this feeling soon, hasn't been going too well for me.
markus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear adeel can you please fill out this? --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/no-limited-success-after-3-weeks-as-stated-in-the-manual-t81.html maybe we can help you out....
This is my private account, and it is not scanned frequently, for this long waiting times till a reply are natural... for fast & direct contact, send a "private message" to the user "support", i will get notice and can take care immediate ...
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done, here it is https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/form-t1336.html

thanks.
MattR

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeel - I have this (hyperhidrosis) very bad/extreme so if it worked for me I know it will work for you. I was just blessed enough to have the successful settings right off the bat. I'm sure Markus will help you get dialed in. The more I use this the more I'm convinced there is no 2% failure rate... it's just with this treatment you have to get used to using the machine and dial in the correct/potent settings. Now that I've used the machine for a month now I'm really surprised how 'good' I am at using it and my whole system of doing it. This is different than popping a pill or having surgery. It takes commitment and dedication very similar to a routine exercise program. In fact now that I am doing it every other day I am using the same time during the day to either exercise or do therapy. When I do one I don't do the other. I keep this device in the same tub as my workout clothes/equipment, and I treat this just like working out. I assume I am going to do it the rest of my life and I try to get better at it every time I do it.

My life has completely changed now I am always dry. Yoday I am wearing just a t-shirt as we have casual day at the office. My shirt and socks are dry! I can't remember the last time I used/brought a handkerchief with me. Really amazing. I truly never thought this would happen.
adeel.rahman

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattR wrote:
Adeel - I have this (hyperhidrosis) very bad/extreme so if it worked for me I know it will work for you. I was just blessed enough to have the successful settings right off the bat. I'm sure Markus will help you get dialed in. The more I use this the more I'm convinced there is no 2% failure rate... it's just with this treatment you have to get used to using the machine and dial in the correct/potent settings. Now that I've used the machine for a month now I'm really surprised how 'good' I am at using it and my whole system of doing it. This is different than popping a pill or having surgery. It takes commitment and dedication very similar to a routine exercise program. In fact now that I am doing it every other day I am using the same time during the day to either exercise or do therapy. When I do one I don't do the other. I keep this device in the same tub as my workout clothes/equipment, and I treat this just like working out. I assume I am going to do it the rest of my life and I try to get better at it every time I do it.

My life has completely changed now I am always dry. Yoday I am wearing just a t-shirt as we have casual day at the office. My shirt and socks are dry! I can't remember the last time I used/brought a handkerchief with me. Really amazing. I truly never thought this would happen.

Thank you very much for the encouraging words. I like the idea of treating it like a workout. I just dropped the simultaneous treatments and started doing the 1 hour treatments like you today. I felt more of the tingling sensation, so that's a good sign. Pretty time consuming, but if it gets me dry it'll be well worth it!
MattR

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeel - you are more than welcome to contact me. I think you get it though with what you just typed. I think there is a certain amount of no pain/no gain you get with this device (again similar to a workout)...I do it where it 'tingles' and feels 'electric'...but I learned through my experience with the blister on my foot where the threshold is of too high. It definitely is something that is different for each person. That's why ironically getting that initial blister on my foot was such a pain in the ass but a true blessing in disguise because I learned the threshold of going too high and also how good intact skin is very important. Good luck my friend.

(I hate to sound like I am trying to sell this device to any outside of this conversation readers of this post, but I am trying to think of ways to give back and be altruistic with this new life I have and this condition - and helping others get and learn this device is the first step).
houston1989

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: hello MAtt Reply with quote

Hey Matt, congrats on your early success.
Ive seen results, but haven't achieve 100% dryness after 21 session.
I had a question, how much water do you normally use for your hands?
Im currently using 800 ml for hands and 1000 for feet, so it cover top of the fingers

Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just answered this in my reply to your reply in the post https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/no-success-so-far-t1333.html

We do NOT recommend taking over settings from other users, because Iontophoresis is highly individual - as are the causes and reasons for Hyperhidrosis, --- this is funny, everyone is special, you are special too, and this is one of the things that makes us human: highly complicated and different beings.
So you cannot really say: how high is the water level for you, this is highly individual, and the mentioned, recommended guideline post for this is here.
and think this is the same for you, Iontophoresis shows us another face, although some things are common (else a manual would not make much sense, you know?)

Wink markus

Last edited by support on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:50 am; edited 4 times in total
MattR

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston1989,
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I would do as the above post reads and follow their suggestions. It sounds like your water level is fine. You will eventually get it nailed down and achieve success. I'm still dry and I'm on 2 months now. I'm still doing every other day at the same settings I have always done. I'm giving it awhile maybe this summer to get start trying more days in between.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your update! Smile

MattR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: 16 Months later and I'm still dry and my life is sweat free Reply with quote

I wanted to go on here and post a year+ later. I have been using the machine now for 16 months and I am completely dry like a normal person. My therapy has backed off to 3 times a week. I still do the same settings and times, so it takes me some time to do it each time. I don't have to do it everyday though. I like to be really dry so I guess I could back off some but I have found the use that gets me the results I want.

One thing I would stress is that the whole process took me about 8-9 months before I was COMPLETELY 100% 'normal' dry (like a normal person). I really don't have any signs of the condition showing itself. I can wear sandals all day in hot weather like a normal person. The friend I found on here told me this when I first started: that although you will experience dryness immediately one needs to be patient for 6-8 months as you will still experience signs of the condition wanting to come back, and it also takes some time before you can truly back off of therapy and do it 2-3 times a week functionally. I was still pretty much doing it 5+ days a week until about the 8 month period.

Good luck and God Bless everyone on here! Feel free to send me a message if you want to know anything about my experience.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MattR!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
That's the proof that sometimes it takes longer to get the wished dryness... We are really happy that you've finally reached 100% success! Smile

MattR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Markus and the staff here at iontophoresis-device I really owe you a lot of praise for selling me this machine over here in the US so easily, and helping me with my questions....and most of all this forum! I was able to find a friend that lived in the same city that I could easily email and call and connect with. Reading this forum when I started is what made me know I was at the right place and had found the start to a solution. Thank you!!!!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!! Very Happy

MattR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: 2019 update! Reply with quote

Hello Comrades,
I wanted to update my post. It's been almost 6 years since I first posted this. Since then I have gone through a lot with this. First off I love my machine and I am looking to maybe buy another one soon. About 2.5 years ago I had been dry for a few years from this machine and I was 'bomb-proof' dry. I could wear anything, I could even run in running shoes with no socks and not sweat. Dryness was normal for me and I had absolutely no signs of sweating. The problem was is during this process of being dry for several years (and through no fault of doing iontophoresis) I had fallen out of shape, gained about 55 pounds (I have always been a professional level endurance athlete and fit as a whistle and thin), and had developed a drinking 'problem'. I have never been a drinker but I had bought a new house and was drinking wine every night. I fell into a light depression from being overweight. So I quit drinking, started being active again, lost 55 pounds, and got fit/thin (and happy) again. I was hiking/walking a lot and focused on the weight/not drinking, and during that process I gave up doing therapy (that's what I call doing iontophoresis), AND since doing therapy was part of what made me stop being active in the first place (I had no time to do both I have a Family and kids) I had developed somewhat of an attitude towards it anyway so I went back to sweating and dealing with it. I was so happy to look good again and feel good again I didn't care. What was happening though was my mind was putting up the same survival techniques I had before to deal with my sweating. I was back to carrying handkerchiefs everywhere I went. I had stayed in touch with the gentleman I had met on here (see original post), and he had contacted me about how he had read taking Magnesium had been recognized as a possible cure for what we have. I thought WOW!, all this time and all I needed to do was to take a vitamin I was missing. Well, that did nothing - didn't work at all. Just to note: I did it right with taking Magnesium Glycinate mixed with a Vitamin D supplement for better absorption. It did nothing for me. I realized though through this process how much I had missed being dry, so I pulled my Idromed out from underneath the bed and within 3 days I was dry again. This time I knew all the settings, how to do it, and all the stuff that took me months to dial in, so it was easier to get right back up to speed. I am dry again, fit, and happy!!! The moral to this story is this: doing Iontophoresis works!! you can bet your bottom dollar...but it is no different than working out and being fit... you have to do it, do it regularly, and don't quit. It's part of your life. You need to think about it the same as if you were going to start running or working out to get in shape. You don't just do it for a couple of months, recognize the benefits and success of it, and then expect it to just fall into your life with little to no effort. You have to establish this into your life so it works and works moving forward for the long haul. So that everything else bounces off of it and falls second to it. Everyone in your life should know this is what you do. You don’t compromise. It's similar to losing weight: getting dry is actually the easier part (just like losing the weight), there is so much success to experience. Keeping dry for good is harder (keeping the weight off), as you get used to it and although it's hard to believe you start to expect it and lose your drive if you're not careful. Stick this in your life long-term. I am so thankful I am dry and for Iontophoresis and my Idromed!!! Nothing else works.
z33

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Thanks for all your posts and sharing your journey. I found it very encouraging and it was a useful reminder that, for sufferers like us, ionto treatment is (unfortunately) an on-going part of our life regime, like going to the gym to keep fit as you mentioned.

I also blogged about my journey in this forum in a different section and today I just asked the admin for advice on why I am only seeing partial success. My treatment has been been for under a month only...reading about your story, I realize I'm so impatient! LOL

Can't be helped, I suffered all my life and my daughters have it also, so I'm desperate to find an effective cure so they can enjoy it also as they grow up.

Best of luck to you and please continue to update.

Cheers,
Z
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Matt.

thank you so much for your positive feedback and your encouraging words! I am sure that many will recognize themselves in your post and this will help them to keep it up!

MattR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for Customer Service. I have owned my Idromed for 9 years now and from what I can tell still works fine with no changes. Is there a time when I should consider a new machine? Do they start to not work after a certain time? I also have the stainless metal things that go in the water - I bought the better version. They are stained but seem fine. I plan on buying a machine from YOU if/when I need one, so you have my business already (I am no need to buy a new machine if not needed). What are your thoughts on this? How often should one consider replacing their equipment (if at all)?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really not necessary.
Go ahead as long it works, the iontophoresis device you have is one of the best in the world.

MattR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. I will continue on! Thank you, and I will continue to look to you for any source that I need for information and equipment.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome

MattR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my machine!

Last edited by MattR on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: